RemedySpot.com

how is everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Tina,

Things are good here. I was totally on plan last week, and then blew it over the weekend (nothing too drastic, but, not on plan).....so, my niece & my best friend came over yesterday and we did all of our cooking for the week. So, this week should be smooth sailing.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready for any weather condition that doesn't include anything wet or cold that I could scream. We've had our wettest weather here in 101 years. It's effecting so many aspects of our lives that I'm going nuts...I'm looking forward to 100* days, lol! I miss walking & going to baseball games & having the windows open, etc....It is so depressing to wake up to blah ugly days.

SUNSHINE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>where are you????????

Sandi

Guest guest

> I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready for any weather condition that doesn't include

> anything wet or cold that I could scream. We've had our wettest weather

here in 101 years.

And we just had our *driest* March on record, even though we had one of the

snowiest winters. If we get just 1/10th of an inch of snow tomorrow (Yep,

it's in the forecast) then we'll have our third winter in a row of 40 or

more inches and break the record.

We finally had rain yesterday and it was much needed - the new grass that

was starting to grow in was already turning brown. Now we have some form of

precipitation for the next 5 to 7 days, so this time next week we should be

nice and green. And for those of us with Spring allergies, our noses will be

nice and red.

>I'm looking forward to 100* days, lol!

I wouldn't go *that* far! A week ago, when we were still wearing winter

coats, I was wishing for some warmth, but when Saturday brought summer-like

temps, I was already wishing for the cooler days of March. This week we'll

be staying in the 50's - perfect Spring temps. Once it hits 65, then it's

too hot for me.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/4/2006 3:00:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sparticles@... writes:

>I'm looking forward to 100* days, lol!I wouldn't go *that* far! A week ago, when we were still wearing wintercoats, I was wishing for some warmth, but when Saturday brought summer-liketemps, I was already wishing for the cooler days of March. This week we'llbe staying in the 50's - perfect Spring temps. Once it hits 65, then it'stoo hot for me.

Ohhhhhhhhh but Sue.....I love the heat...ok...so if it hits 115* this year, I might not say that, but, I love anything from 85 to 100*.........ahhhhh..........give me a gallon of ice water & a fan and I'm lovin' it! LOL....

Enjoy some of that spring weather for me....it's pouring & dark & gray here right now...sunny California...yeah right... ;DSandi

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/4/2006 7:49:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, TBarker29@... writes:

I want the warm weather now...LOL

Tina

I'm RIGHT there with ya Tina!!! Sandi

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/4/2006 4:04:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Jase4567@... writes:

Sandi can you give me an example of some meals you make ahead?

Hi ,

Well, I have 4 storage boxes that I keep on the shelves of my fridge. (Like shoebox size....)

One has my fruit for the week (strawberries, pineapple, blackberries) (I don't cut up my bananas or apples) I eat 2 of these per day

Another has my veggies portioned out in baggies (typically carrots, broccoli & zucchini) in 2 cup baggies. I eat 2 of these per day.

There's a carb box that has steamed, mashed yams, rice, jicama sticks, and rice noodles (all in 1/2 c. portions), I eat 5 of these per day

And there's a protein box: 2 oz. portions of: ground turkey, chicken breasts, and "turkey hash" (1 c. portion of a ground turkey/mushroom/onion/hash brown mixture that I make). I eat 5 portions from this box per day (I also eat a lot of Tilapia fish, but, I don't thaw that until a couple of hours before I'm eating it.)

I'm following the 6 Week Body Makeover by Thurmond (www.provida.com) and it calls for me to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. This just makes it SOOOOOOOO much easier!

Sandi

Guest guest

Sandi,

Im in West Virginia. I hate blah days also. I cant wait for it to warm up and actually stay there...LOL. We have had a mild winter here with some days getting up to the high 70's which is unusal and then the next day its snowing and rain mix. It was just a mess here. I want the warm weather now...LOL

Tina

Re: How is everyone

Hi Tina,

Things are good here. I was totally on plan last week, and then blew it over the weekend (nothing too drastic, but, not on plan).....so, my niece & my best friend came over yesterday and we did all of our cooking for the week. So, this week should be smooth sailing.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready for any weather condition that doesn't include anything wet or cold that I could scream. We've had our wettest weather here in 101 years. It's effecting so many aspects of our lives that I'm going nuts...I'm looking forward to 100* days, lol! I miss walking & going to baseball games & having the windows open, etc....It is so depressing to wake up to blah ugly days.

SUNSHINE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>where are you????????

Sandi

Guest guest

I always sneak in my success ÜÜ

I am just south of Ontario about 40 minutes...about 45 minutes north and east of San Diego...actually a town called Wildomar, which is 8 miles north of Temecula Ü Also about 45 minutes west of Palm Springs....does that help Ü

Stay Dry!Kathey

In a message dated 4/4/2006 10:35:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dnkcox@... writes:

Where in Cal are you Sandi? I am in So Cal and we have no rain here ......beautiful day today....was 75 yesterday with bits of rain.....

Kathey, who HATES the hot weather...but LOVES 80-85 ish....

Oh and who has lost 28.2 pounds and hit my 25 pound mark AND my 10% that weight watchers is so keen on Ü

Hi Kathey,

I'm up in Northern California (in Sonoma County to be exact) just north of San Francisco.

What part of So Cal are you in?

80-85 is pretty awesome, too! Heck...anything warm & dry would be wonderful at this point, lol...

And.........a big congrats on your 28.2 lbs.! What a sneaky way to sneak in that success!

Way to go!

Sandi

Guest guest

How funny...we used to live in Chino Hills (just outside of Chino....) what a small world.....

Blessings!Kathey

In a message dated 4/4/2006 11:19:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dnkcox@... writes:

I am just south of Ontario about 40 minutes...about 45 minutes north and east of San Diego...actually a town called Wildomar, which is 8 miles north of Temecula Ü Also about 45 minutes west of Palm Springs....does that help Ü

Yup! My husbands Grandma lived in Claremont and his Aunt & her family live in Ontario. He was born in Chino and lived in West Covina as a little boy. So, I'm pretty familiar with the area. We don't get down there much anymore since his Grandma passed away.

Sandi

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/4/2006 8:34:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

You sound soooo organized! I need you to come give my kitchen a makeover! I love the idea of have you have it though. All kidding aside. Especially the veggies and carb box. I should eat more fruits but I'm almost embarrased to say it but other then tomatoes I very seldom ever eat or drink any kind of fruit. It's not that I don't like them just too expensive. Veggies I love but its one of those things that we buy whatever is on sale at the moment. But I still like the idea of seperately everything into its own container in portions.

Hi ,

Just a question....Please don't take this the wrong way...think of it as food for thought or tough love....

Do you have a Costco nearby? I buy 2 huge bags of broccoli florets & 20 lbs. of carrots each week for $13ish. That's enough for 3 of us on the program to have 4 cups of veggies per day, and enough for my husband and 2 sons (teenage & 11 yr old) to have at least 2 cups per day. I also buy 3 lb. bags of bananas for $1.35 (usually 2). A whole pineapple can be sliced into about 20 1/2 cup servings for $2.39. Between our 3 major local grocery stores, one of the 3 of them always has apples on sale for $1 or less per lb. (I usually get Fuji or Granny ).

Your body needs the fiber & vitamins & minerals from fruits & vegetables.

Yes, it takes a little looking around to find the deals, but, your body & your wallet will really thank you for it.

And........just think...the peak of fruit & veggie season will be here shortly (best flavor & best prices! does it get any better?).....

Worst case scenario....how about frozen fruits (berries, peaches, pineapple, etc.) or veggies? Most stores have a buy one, get one free sale every couple of weeks. (If you have several chain stores around you, you can watch their ads and take advantage of sales.)

I know what it's like to be on a tight budget and think that you can only get by on top ramen or mac & cheese for a couple of weeks, but, you can only do that for so long before your body rebels against you in SO many different ways (heart disease, high cholesterol, colon cancer, gall bladder disease, etc.)

Do you live in a region of our country where you could join a food bank or join a gleaning group?

Most people won't think twice about spending $1 for a soda...or $.75 for a candy bar....or $3 for a big fat bag of chips, but, will have issues with spending $2.50 on a big bag of veggies that will nourish their bodies.

I hope I haven't pushed anyone's buttons, but, your body really, really needs the fruits & vegetables.

=)Sandi

Guest guest

You sound soooo organized! I need you to come give my kitchen a makeover! I love the idea of have you have it though. All kidding aside. Especially the veggies and carb box. I should eat more fruits but I'm almost embarrased to say it but other then tomatoes I very seldom ever eat or drink any kind of fruit. It's not that I don't like them just too expensive. Veggies I love but its one of those things that we buy whatever is on sale at the moment. But I still like the idea of seperately everything into its own container in portions.

In a message dated 4/4/2006 4:04:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Jase4567@... writes:

Sandi can you give me an example of some meals you make ahead?

Hi ,

Well, I have 4 storage boxes that I keep on the shelves of my fridge. (Like shoebox size....)

One has my fruit for the week (strawberries, pineapple, blackberries) (I don't cut up my bananas or apples) I eat 2 of these per day

Another has my veggies portioned out in baggies (typically carrots, broccoli & zucchini) in 2 cup baggies. I eat 2 of these per day.

There's a carb box that has steamed, mashed yams, rice, jicama sticks, and rice noodles (all in 1/2 c. portions), I eat 5 of these per day

And there's a protein box: 2 oz. portions of: ground turkey, chicken breasts, and "turkey hash" (1 c. portion of a ground turkey/mushroom/onion/hash brown mixture that I make). I eat 5 portions from this box per day (I also eat a lot of Tilapia fish, but, I don't thaw that until a couple of hours before I'm eating it.)

I'm following the 6 Week Body Makeover by Thurmond (www.provida.com) and it calls for me to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. This just makes it SOOOOOOOO much easier!

Sandi

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/4/2006 8:34:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

Hi ,

Just a question....Please don't take this the wrong way...think of it as food for thought or tough love....I won't take it wrong. We are all here to help each other out so as long as people can offer help without being nasty or hateful then I'm willing to listen. As so far as long as I have been in the group I have not seen any rudeness in the form of help:). I consider it helping when offers help or advise.

Do you have a Costco nearby?No, But I do live fairly close to a Save a lot where i do most of my food shopping of canned and dried foods. I do most of my meats and frozen foods shopping at Wal-Mart. These are our 2 lowest priced stores anywheres around here. I buy 2 huge bags of broccoli florets & 20 lbs. of carrots each week for $13ish. That's enough for 3 of us on the program to have 4 cups of veggies per day, and enough for my husband and 2 sons (teenage & 11 yr old) to have at least 2 cups per day.Those sound like some pretty big bags. Save a lot has some buy in bulk foods but not a lot. However sometimes at Wal-Mart you can find some large bags of veggies.I buy the large stir fry veggies a lot. Hubby and I will have our meals off it when my son is at work. My son don't like many veggies but hubby and I love em. A large bag of stir fry makes a few meals for us. They havent had the stir fry veggies in the laast few times I've gone but most times they keep them in stock. But once again I only buy them about once every 3 months because of the price. When I do catch them a little lower in price I usually buy 2 bags. But can't stock up a lot because I have only a small 2x3 chest freezer and it has to hold my food for a whole month.I have a slighty bigger freezer in the garage that I fill full of veggies in the summer from gardens but I dont put a lot of store bought food in it because it has kicked a breaker a couple of times and I'm afraid I'd lose a lot ot the food in it. I dont own a car so we have the kids take us shopping. I do pretty much my shopping for the whole month in one whack. I also buy 3 lb. bags of bananas for $1.35 (usually 2). A whole pineapple can be sliced into about 20 1/2 cup servings for $2.39. Between our 3 major local grocery stores, one of the 3 of them always has apples on sale for $1 or less per lb. (I usually get Fuji or Granny ).

Your body needs the fiber & vitamins & minerals from fruits & vegetables. Yeah I know. And I do try and get a decent amount of veggies. A lot of the time its canned and not fresh but I have to make do. Fruits are a thing I usually get like when the skins on the bananas skins are beginning to turn then sometimes we can get them real cheap. But thats just the luck of the draw. Sometimes you can find something on sale 2 or three times in a row then again you might not catch them for 2 or 3 months.But although I know I should be eating more I can only get in what we can afford.

Yes, it takes a little looking around to find the deals, but, your body & your wallet will really thank you for it. Trust me I know about living on a budget. Hubby has been on disability for about 20 years or so. So I have been squeezing the dollars till the president screams. We don't even get 750.00 a month. So you can see by the time you pay ele, water, mortage and stuff like that you are really scrimping.My internet is our luxury each month.

And........just think...the peak of fruit & veggie season will be here shortly (best flavor & best prices! does it get any better?).....Ahhhh this is what I'm waiting for. Usually when gardening time rolls around we have family all over the place giving us veggies from their gardens. However last year none of us put in a garden. It was a year of bad health for everyone and noone was in a shape to do it. But still we was able to afford buying from the farmers market.

Worst case scenario....how about frozen fruits (berries, peaches, pineapple, etc.) or veggies? Most stores have a buy one, get one free sale every couple of weeks. (If you have several chain stores around you, you can watch their ads and take advantage of sales.) We usually get some fresh when we can find it. Dont buy a lot frozen fruits because as mentioned earlier i save most freezer space for my meats and what veggies we do get.

I know what it's like to be on a tight budget and think that you can only get by on top ramen or mac & cheese for a couple of weeks, but, you can only do that for so long before your body rebels against you in SO many different ways (heart disease, high cholesterol, colon cancer, gall bladder disease, etc.)Exactly, Ramen Noodles is a staple in our house. I can live with my body rebeling against having little fruits then not being able to pay my water bill.LOL So we just catch stuff when we can. We buy a lot of tv dinners and potpies. Stuff like theat is a complete meal for us. And beans, potatoes are basic stuff our house is never without.We do enjoy a good pot roast with just a little meat crammed with a lot of onions, potatoes and carrots.

Do you live in a region of our country where you could join a food bank or join a gleaning group?Naw, Here we are lucky to even have a Save a lot within about 15 miles. We drive about 25 to 30 miles to go to wal-mart.

Most people won't think twice about spending $1 for a soda...or $.75 for a candy bar....or $3 for a big fat bag of chips, but, will have issues with spending $2.50 on a big bag of veggies that will nourish their bodies. Not me! I would never spend a dollar for a soda even if I had it. You can buy a 2 liter for 50 cents:) And thats someting we seldon get either.We maybe get candy bars once or twice a year but now on the chips....I'm guilty. Not at 3$ a bag. But we do buy chips at the save a lot for .79 cents a bag maybe every other month or so. Cant go forver without any junk food. LOL So chips isnt a total stranger in our house.

I hope I haven't pushed anyone's buttons, but, your body really, really needs the fruits & vegetables.Nope, not mine anyway. You was very nice, and as long as someone is suggesting something or offering help in a constructive way I will always take it that way....as a offer of help. Its just sometimes people don't understand when you say you're on a strict budget most people think well that means she has to decide whether she wants to go to the drive though and hit applebees afterward or cut back and go bowling and go to BoBos for dinner. Most of the time when we eat out...my son or daughter is treating us so its not coming from my pocket.And my choices for cutting back sometimes means do I go and have this agonizing tooth pulled that has been killing me for months or do I pay my electrical bill. Sometimes it is truly that bad. Understand not always, but sometimes. When you get under 750 a month(a month not a week) You make some hard choices sometimes. But we arent perfect And there is things we could do like for example We could disconnect our internet. But that is the only entertainment for hubby and I both so we keep it. I think we would go crazy without it. So we just waddle right along and just make buying descisions from month to month. It's really not as bad as it seems. We have been living on this budget for so long now. Most of my weight I think has come from all the home cooking we used to eat. we was a beans with Ham scraps people with cornbread. You know old home cooking. I still do that most of the time but with less cooking oils and more baking and less ham in beans. I have motified alot this year in how I cook.

=)Sandi

Guest guest

YEAH Kathey!!!! you're doing great!!!Kathey <dnkcox@...> wrote: Oh and who has lost 28.2 pounds and hit my 25 pound mark AND my 10% that weight watchers is so keen on ÃœLive, Love, Laugh

Guest guest

Thanks .....Ü I am actually feeling pretty good, tho am not really 'noticing' much difference yet.....:(

Have a blessed day....

Gotta go weigh in today...

XO

YEAH Kathey!!!! you're doing great!!!Kathey <dnkcox@...> wrote:

Oh and who has lost 28.2 pounds and hit my 25 pound mark AND my 10% that weight watchers is so keen on ÃœLive, Love, Laugh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

I've had a pretty good week. My husband is out of town this week and I have been using the time to get my spring cleaning done. Getting rid of the clutter in our home! Sure feels good to have it gone. I've made several trips out to our burning barrel this week! Today will make a trip to Goodwill.I haven't eaten as much this week. I'm finding that once I got going on the cleaning, I didn't want to stop to eat.I have gone to the YMCA on Monday & Wednesday afternoons & plan to go again today. Tuesday & Thursday are the days that I spend all day at home -- so those were the days I got the most done. Didn't do any organized exercise, but moved around a lot with cleaning. Dacia <>< He lives, all glory to his name! He lives, my savior, still the same;What joy this blest assurance gives: I know that my Redeemer lives!

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/28/2006 6:39:47 AM Pacific Standard Time, TBarker29@... writes:

I go by what my TOPS chapter scale says. So I will find out Monday evening. I have been going to the gym everyday sometimes 2 times a day.

Can't wait to hear how their scale says you did this week! Good job going to the gym... twice a day, no less!!

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/29/2006 10:02:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, TBarker29@... writes:

Doesnt it feel good when you can de clutter your house. I cant wait to move so I can have a yard sale and get everything out of here thats not being used or anything.

Ewwww I *Hate* having yard sales. Too much work, hate people pawing through my things LOL... I did just de clutter my house and reorganize a lot of things and have gifted the give-aways out through our freecycle group. I have a few things unclaimed that will go to the goodwill or something. ;-)

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/29/2006 10:30:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, MagnoliaWhisper@... writes:

It feels GREAT! I've been using fly lady for a number of years. I used to think I would sell things. Now I just donate them. It just feels great to get the stuff out of the house. And actually use the space I have for things I need and want.

OH I am glad you said that. I used to FLY with the FLY Lady and had to unsubscribe when things got too stressed and tense this winter and I couldn't get online much.... maybe I will go resubscribe today!!

Guest guest

Doesnt it feel good when you can de clutter your house. I cant wait to move so I can have a yard sale and get everything out of here thats not being used or anything.

Tina

Re: How is Everyone

I've had a pretty good week. My husband is out of town this week and I have been using the time to get my spring cleaning done. Getting rid of the clutter in our home! Sure feels good to have it gone. I've made several trips out to our burning barrel this week! Today will make a trip to Goodwill.I haven't eaten as much this week. I'm finding that once I got going on the cleaning, I didn't want to stop to eat.I have gone to the YMCA on Monday & Wednesday afternoons & plan to go again today. Tuesday & Thursday are the days that I spend all day at home -- so those were the days I got the most done. Didn't do any organized exercise, but moved around a lot with cleaning.

Dacia

<><

He lives, all glory to his name! He lives, my savior, still the same;What joy this blest assurance gives: I know that my Redeemer lives!

Guest guest

It feels GREAT! I've been using fly lady for a number of years. I used to think

I would sell things. Now I just donate them. It just feels great to get the

stuff out of the house. And actually use the space I have for things I need and

want.

Keep up the great work!

>From: ~*~Tina Barker~*~ <TBarker29@...>

>Date: Sat Apr 29 12:01:17 CDT 2006

>100-plus

>Subject: Re: How is Everyone

>Doesnt it feel good when you can de clutter your house.  I cant wait to move so

I can have a yard sale and get everything out of here thats not being used or

anything.                          Tina Re: How is Everyone

>I've had a pretty good week.  My husband is out of town this week and I have

been using the time to get my spring cleaning done.  Getting rid of the

clutter in our home!  Sure feels good to have it gone.  I've made several

trips out to our burning barrel this week!  Today will make a trip to

Goodwill.

>I haven't eaten as much this week.  I'm finding that once I got going on the

cleaning, I didn't want to stop to eat.

>I have gone to the YMCA on Monday & Wednesday afternoons & plan to go again

today.  Tuesday & Thursday are the days that I spend all day at home -- so

those were the days I got the most done.  Didn't do any organized exercise,

but moved around a lot with cleaning.

>

>

>

>

> Dacia <><   He lives, all glory to his name!  He lives, my

savior, still the same;

>What joy this blest assurance gives:  I know that my Redeemer lives!

>

>100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files

>100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I don't do yard/garage sales any more. I live 5 miles out of town; on a road that doesn't have much traffic. I do have some friends in town where I could have a sale; but by the time I get it all hauled into town, I'll just as well donate it to Goodwill.ABrite@... wrote: In a message dated 4/29/2006 10:02:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, TBarker29@... writes: Doesnt it feel good when you

can de clutter your house. I cant wait to move so I can have a yard sale and get everything out of here thats not being used or anything. Ewwww I *Hate* having yard sales. Too much work, hate people pawing through my things LOL... I did just de clutter my house and reorganize a lot of things and have gifted the give-aways out through our freecycle group. I have a few things unclaimed that will go to the goodwill or something. ;-)

Guest guest

Yes just remember, to let go of perfectionism, what you can't get to today,

doesn't HAVE to be done. Just delete the emails you can't read or do, and don't

feel bad. Jump in where you are! :)

I do the same with weight loss. Jump in where I am. If I mess up a day or a

meal. I don't let it bother me. I just do better my next meal or day. And don't

beat myself up and say I have to start over! I just go on from here. :) It works

a lot better! lol

But, beleive me, I've started and stopped with Flylady (Marla), I don't know how

many times! Over the past 4 years! But, you know each time the house is just a

little bit better. Actually I have to say a LOT better. Used to I only had

trails going from room to room. And actually that wasn't long ago! That was just

last summer. Just by doing a little at a time. Sometimes none, and sometimes

only 30 seconds, and sometimes 15 minutes a day, I've gotten the stuff out of

here. I still have lots to go...but we can walk around freely now! (a lot of my

husbands stuff is out of here! lol And most my junk is gone!) And I can find

clothes I like-thankfully pitched all the garbage.

But, you know each time I purge some place in the house, even though I've purged

it in the past. It seems like things I couldn't release before, I can now! Even

if I just purged that area 2 months ago!

For instance, I know Leanne (from flylady) suggest to store extra sheets under

your bed mattress. One that sounds a little weird and smelly too me. And two my

mattress is literally too heavey for me to lift. I have a 18 inch thick matress,

that is a queen. I have to buy not deep pocket sheets, but what they call extra

deep pockets and sometimes they don't even fit. I have to buy king size

blankets, and they don't even cover the sides of the matteress, let alone the

box springs! lol So.....on to my point. For about oh....5 ot 6 months, I had

concluded, I had this plastic rolling box under my bed I would store sheets, and

blankets in. I know they only suggest having like two pairs, but we live in a

one bedroom apt in NYC. I have to have at least 4 pairs. I like to switch mine

through the seasons (a different color for each season) number one, and number

two we use a air up bed in the living room for guest. I like having a extra two

pair for them. Because some times our guests can stay for weeks at a time! Once

my parents came from Kansas and stayed 1 month! Plus I also like to have 4

quilts, again one for each season. I don't decorate the house through the

seasons. So I feel it's my right to be able to do these two little things, that

change the bedroom through the seasons and make me feel springy in the spring,

and light and open in the summer, and warm and cozy in the winter, etc. And

that's a lot smaller space taken then a bunch of decor to change through the

seasons.

Well, any way, back on point again! lol That box had a bunch of shoes in it. I

have to say, I haven't even worn most of these shoes in over 5 years (when I

packed them in there, to move from Kansas to NYC!). But, about 2 months ago, I

had my husband pull the box out. (had to clean under the bed!) I looked at the

shoes and couldn't part with them. So I closed it, put it back and didn't return

to it, till today. This time, there was 5 hand bags in there, and about 15 pairs

of shoes. ALL the shoes went out....I have done that with my closet as well

since then, only kept the very good quality shoes! And I only kept 3 of the hand

bags. I could actually use 2 of them for church (they were nice ones, and I've

been using a street looking one for church, because I didn't have the money for

a nice one...and feeling embarrassed for bringing such a bag to church with me.

But with diabetes, I have to carry my snack, glucometor, and supplies for

diabetes, so have to carry a purse). One I'm taking to donate. And one actually

still had tags! I'm actually taking it back to the store, and getting some

clothes! lol haha (actually 3 had tags, but I knew those two nice black bags I

could use!).

Any way, to get right to the point, I could purge it all today! AND I was able

to clean it out, disinfect it (only the shoes had been in there, no dust or

nothing, but still to put clean sheets and blankets, I just had to). And now I

have another free shelf in the linen closet for towels. Which they were getting

messy looking trying to keep the towels, for the bathroom, and kitchen, plus

wash clothes for both rooms on one shelf. Again, I know she says to keep these

in the rooms you use them. But, she hasn't seen a NYC apartment! lol There is no

storage in our bathrooms or cabinette space in our kitchens. lol Our sink in the

bathroom is like a drs office sink, there is nothing under there but pipes no

cabinette, to store things! lol Any way.....I do have plans of builing some

cabinettes in the kitchen, and some in the bathroom for storage, but that will

take money I don't have right now. (each year, I buy one big piece of

furniture-like cabinette for the apt), so in about 5 or 6 years, things will be

complete. lol I have a list. But, for now, I'm making due with what I do have,

and don't have to buy! :) Which that is the point of Flying any way! :)

BTW, the first time I went into the linen closet for a long time (consciesly

that is, not just to throw something in or pull it out, but actually look in and

see what was there-and not trying to organize clutter!) I found I had so much

shampoo and body wash, I was not going to buy any more till it was gone. That

was in June 2005. You know what, I bathe daily, and I still have at LEAST 15

bottles of body wash in there. All this time I had thought it was bubble bath

for some reason, and kept buying more body wash-before June, when I looked and

figured out it was body wash and shampoo! lol haha When I went to inspect,

because I was going to purge all the bubble bath (I don't take them enough to

have 30 bottles of the stuff! lol) I noticed they were body wash and shampoo not

bubble bath. lol So since June 2005, I've not had to buy either, and I still

have a ton! I think it will take me at least one more year to use it all! lol I

just can't believe I had that much!! lol

Also a lot of that kind of stuff, lotions and the like I know I had so many

bottles they would never all get used! (I had probably around 20 unopened

bottles of lotion, I kept the best ones! lol) I have what they call hallway

patrol in my apt building. It's like neighborhood watch, but since it's a

building and not a neighborhood, it's hallyway patrol. It consist of very old

people who live here. (in their 80's and 90's). I take the bags down to them. I

tell them for them to go through first and take what they want (they are on

limited incomes, and mostly women, only one man) and what they don't want to put

on their little table as free for any one who passes them. That gets rid of

SOOOOOO much stuff. From clocks, to lotion, to diet shakes I couldn't stand! lol

haha

>From: ABrite@...

>Date: Sat Apr 29 14:38:43 CDT 2006

>100-plus

>Subject: Re: How is Everyone

>In a message dated 4/29/2006 10:30:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,

MagnoliaWhisper@... writes:It feels GREAT! I've been using fly lady

for a number of years. I used to think I would sell things. Now I just donate

them. It just feels great to get the stuff out of the house. And actually use

the space I have for things I need and want. OH I am glad you said that.  I

used to FLY with the FLY Lady and had to unsubscribe when things got too

stressed and tense this winter and I couldn't get online much.... maybe I will

go resubscribe today!! 

>

>100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files

>100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

>

>

>

>

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I need to ask how is everyone feeling today? I pray everyone is having

a pain free day or aleast little pain only day. Sorry I missed chat. i

was with my wife and 2 boys all weekend. I didnt get online till now. I

would love to hear from everyone aleast check in. mike group owner

Guest guest

Thanks Mike ...the big " 42 "   yikes....LOL

but as I always say " It is better than the alternative "   :  )

how is everyone

>

>

> I need to ask how is everyone feeling today? I pray everyone is

having

> a pain free day or aleast little pain only day. Sorry I missed

chat. i

> was with my wife and 2 boys all weekend. I didnt get online till

now. I

> would love to hear from everyone aleast check in. mike group owner

>

>