RemedySpot.com

Re: Abbie's op.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Leah We are so pleased the operation went well for you both, what a great start to the New Year!! It makes such a difference to them doesn't it, amazing. Did you manage to stay over at Moorfields or did you have to find somewhere else to stay? So glad you have the first milsetone over, it makes such a difference to the way you feel too, such a relief. Holly is just such a different little girl since the op that we are pleased that she had it done. No ops this year though, just check ups in May and November. Take care of yourself and give Abbie a big kiss from me. Love Lucyxxx leara27 <leara27@...> wrote: Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update everyone. Take care all,Leah x

All New – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Hey Leah & Lucy!

is going in this Friday - 26th Jan for her sling operation!!!! I can't believe the date has finally arrived. Can you please send on some latest photos of Abbie and Holly, as I am dying to see the difference it has made.

Can you please tell me what age you have been advised that the epicanthus inversus operation can be done from? I'm a bit worried about it, as our surgeon here in Ireland, will only do the sling operation, but not the inversus op, she said that it doesn't need to be done until she is much older.. But I'd like to get it checked out.

I'll post photos after Friday's operation of ! Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Thanks!

Ireland

Re: blepharophimosis Abbie's op.

Hi Leah

We are so pleased the operation went well for you both, what a great start to the New Year!! It makes such a difference to them doesn't it, amazing. Did you manage to stay over at Moorfields or did you have to find somewhere else to stay?

So glad you have the first milsetone over, it makes such a difference to the way you feel too, such a relief. Holly is just such a different little girl since the op that we are pleased that she had it done. No ops this year though, just check ups in May and November.

Take care of yourself and give Abbie a big kiss from me.

Love Lucyxxx

leara27 <leara27 (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update everyone. Take care all,Leah x

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Thats fantastic news Leah

thanks for letting us know

love to you both

Neil,Caroline & Todd

>

> Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon

> sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two

> days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more

> visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is

> too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks

> to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first

> mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update

> everyone.

>

> Take care all,

>

> Leah x

>

Hi Leah,

Great to hear that Abbie's operation was successful and she is recovering

quickly.

I'm sure this will be a fun time for all of you as she continues to discover

the new, wide world around her!

Can't wait till it's our turn,

Sheryl

>From: " leara27 " <leara27@...>

>Reply-blepharophimosis

>blepharophimosis

>Subject: blepharophimosis Abbie's op.

>Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:03:36 -0000

>

>Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon

>sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two

>days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more

>visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is

>too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks

>to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first

>mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update

>everyone.

>

>Take care all,

>

>Leah x

>

>

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live

Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA

Hi All the best for Friday, it will all be fine - you are in great hands. We were told by Moorfields that the epicanthus inversus operation would be when the bridge of the nose had formed enough to obtain the best results, which would probably be when Holly is approx 3 years old, maybe older. To be honest we are not too worried about when this is happening because the eyelift has made such a difference to Holly. Please don't worry, all children are different and all have different nose bridges too! I'll try and attach a photo now for you on the e-mail but will post the proper ones on the website soon, promise, how bad am I??!!! This is Holly in November time going to a party in her pretty dress! Bear in mind her operation was in September. Take care and let us know how it all goes Love to you all

Lucyxxxlisa obrien <hplisaobr@...> wrote: Hey Leah & Lucy! is going in this Friday - 26th Jan for her sling operation!!!!

I can't believe the date has finally arrived. Can you please send on some latest photos of Abbie and Holly, as I am dying to see the difference it has made. Can you please tell me what age you have been advised that the epicanthus inversus operation can be done from? I'm a bit worried about it, as our surgeon here in Ireland, will only do the sling operation, but not the inversus op, she said that it doesn't need to be done until she is much older.. But I'd like to get it checked out. I'll post photos after Friday's operation of ! Fingers crossed it all goes well. Thanks! Ireland Re: blepharophimosis Abbie's op. Hi Leah We are so pleased the operation went well for you both, what a great start to the New Year!! It makes such a difference to them doesn't it, amazing. Did you manage to stay over at Moorfields or did you have to find somewhere else to stay? So

glad you have the first milsetone over, it makes such a difference to the way you feel too, such a relief. Holly is just such a different little girl since the op that we are pleased that she had it done. No ops this year though, just check ups in May and November. Take care of yourself and give Abbie a big kiss from me. Love Lucyxxx leara27 <leara27 (DOT) co.uk> wrote: Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks to everyone who was interested and sent best

wishes when I first mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update everyone. Take care all,Leah x All New – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new .

Hey Lucy!

WOW she looks AMAZING! Oh my God, she is so beautiful, and I can't believe how much her eyes have come on, thanks a million for sending on the pic! Do you or the group have any advice for post-op expectations? How did Holly adjust after the slings? Did she sleep ok, did you have to give her pain relief etc..?? Was her appetite normal??

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying not to get too freaked out by the whole thing! To be honest, we have had so much in our local press here about MRSA in hospitals, and how it is becoming such a huge worry for surgery patients, it has taken my mind off the actual operation!!

I might ask my surgeon at our next visit for a referral to Morefields, as I don't think that she does the inversus op, and I don't think there is anyone in Ireland that does it either.... But as you said, that's probably not until will be at least 3 or 4, and she just turned 8 months yesterday... so plenty of time to look into all that!

Thanks again Lucy, your support, help & advice - as always, is much appreciated.

x

Kildare, Ireland

Re: blepharophimosis Abbie's op.

Hi Leah

We are so pleased the operation went well for you both, what a great start to the New Year!! It makes such a difference to them doesn't it, amazing. Did you manage to stay over at Moorfields or did you have to find somewhere else to stay?

So glad you have the first milsetone over, it makes such a difference to the way you feel too, such a relief. Holly is just such a different little girl since the op that we are pleased that she had it done. No ops this year though, just check ups in May and November.

Take care of yourself and give Abbie a big kiss from me.

Love Lucyxxx

leara27 <leara27 (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon sling op last week, after some cancellation worries as she chose two days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update everyone. Take care all,Leah x

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new .

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi You will not believe how resilient kids are. Holly was nil by mouth from 7am until her op which was about 3pm. By the time the op had finished and she had slept off the medication etc she was not ready to eat until 7pm. She then ate SO much food and definitely made up for lost time!! No worries on that front. Her eyes did not close straight after the operation and she slept with her eyes open, but she adjusted straight away. Just seemed a bit strange for us at first. However, over the days and weeks this improved and she now closes her eyes fully to sleep. When they do the slings they take this into consideration to ensure they can close their eyes and don't open them up too wide. The only pain relief she required was on the first night when she had paracetamol and antibiotics from the nurses for a week to prevent infection. That was

it!! You do not need to touch the three marks above each eye, they heal really well and we didn't even have to put cream on them. You just had to try and keep the small bandages dry so they stay on for the week until the check up. You can't even notice the marks now. If you have any more questions please ask because we felt exactly the same as you in September. Take care Lucyxxxxlisa obrien <hplisaobr@...> wrote: Hey Lucy! WOW she looks AMAZING! Oh my God, she is so beautiful, and I can't believe how much her eyes have come on, thanks a million for sending on the pic! Do you or the group have any advice for post-op expectations? How did Holly adjust after the slings? Did she sleep ok, did you have to give her pain relief etc..?? Was her appetite normal?? Sorry for all the questions, I am trying not to get too freaked out by the

whole thing! To be honest, we have had so much in our local press here about MRSA in hospitals, and how it is becoming such a huge worry for surgery patients, it has taken my mind off the actual operation!! I might ask my surgeon at our next visit for a referral to Morefields, as I don't think that she does the inversus op, and I don't think there is anyone in Ireland that does it either.... But as you said, that's probably not until will be at least 3 or 4, and she just turned 8 months yesterday... so plenty of time to look into all that! Thanks again Lucy, your support, help & advice - as always, is much appreciated. x Kildare, Ireland Re: blepharophimosis Abbie's op. Hi Leah We are so pleased the operation went well for you both, what a great start to the New Year!! It makes such a difference to them doesn't it, amazing. Did you manage to stay over at Moorfields or did you have to find somewhere else to stay? So glad you have the first milsetone over, it makes such a difference to the way you feel too, such a relief. Holly is just such a different little girl since the op that we are pleased that she had it done. No ops this year though, just check ups in May and November. Take care of yourself and give Abbie a big kiss from me. Love Lucyxxx leara27 <leara27 (DOT) co.uk> wrote: Just to let everyone know that Abbie eventually did have her silicon sling op last week, after some

cancellation worries as she chose two days before to catch a cough! she looks great and is so much more visually aware, I am having trouble getting her to eat because she is too busy looking around! She's got over it really well too. Thanks to everyone who was interested and sent best wishes when I first mentioned it a few weeks back. Sorry it's taken me a while to update everyone. Take care all,Leah x All New – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

New is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.