RemedySpot.com

Re: Thank you for your response

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sheryl Why do they take from the legs? Rylee had a I think sling surgery at 6 mo and they used synthetic wires?Sheryl Kampen <sherylkampen@...> wrote: Wow and thank you! I am overwelmed and have to say I shed a few tears after reading all your response messages.I am sending just one in return as not to take up too much space in everyone's email in-baskets!ne: Thanks for sharing your experience about your son Mehkai. His situation does sound a lot like

Hayden's. Hayden also uses his eyebrows and tilts his chin up to see, which has been going okay. That being said, he does get rather droopy by the end of a long day so I'm sure the surgery will be a relief for him. I wish you the best as you plan for the much anticipated "big day". I would love to hear how it goes so be sure to let us know.Tonikka: It's hard to imagine that you had to send your tiny five week old into surgery, I feel for you. Reading about it makes me thankful that Hayden can wait for his. It is great to hear that your other children were exempt from BPES. Our geneticist reassured us that Hayden's case was considered sporadic and it is unlikely that the syndrome will reoccur should we have other children, however it is still good to hear that it is possible. Thanks again for sharing your story about Lynden.: Thanks for the name of your doctor. I'd love to hear more about him especially

since Jen MacKinnon, (from New Brunswick) and Evergreen Lee (Oakville) have also mentioned him. He seems to have done this surgery a number of times at least. I will be sure to check your photos - best of luck to you and your son.Clare: Thank you so much for your very kind words. I envy your position to understand your daughter; having gone through it yourself. The best advise and comfort always comes from those who have "been there". Though we all know, it's what's inside that counts, it's unfortunate that not all children are raised to be polite and thoughtful. Like all parents I do want the best for my son and will do whatever I can to give him normal life and a solid childhood. I appreciate your taking the time to write back and share your experience with me. This group is wonderful and hopefully Hayden will also be able to chat here in the future if he needs to.Aimee:Reading your story about Rylee I can

say I have been there! I, like you, I fretted about what I may have done to contribute to Hayden's BPES. I worried that I may have done something wrong during pregnancy. It wasn't until speaking to a geneticist and having our blood checked that we found out that neither my husband nor I have this trait in our DNA. This was a relief and an end to the worry of: "Did I give this to him?" The geneticist said it was a sporadic mutation of one of his genes, (I do have the details if you'd like them), but really nothing could have been done to prevent it that she knew of. Also, the chances of us having other children with the trait are unlikely even though Hayden's chance of passing it on to his children is 50%, (we'll cross that bridge when we get there)! Way to go in being so involved with Rylee's surgeries. It sounds like you are doing the best for her!Evergreen:Thanks for your personal contact information. It is nice

to hear from someone so close to home. I would love to hear more about your experience with Dr. Pashby. I think I will definately get a second opinion from him if possible. Was he referred to you or did you go to Toronto because it was the closest hospital? Please feel free to email me directly at sherylkampenhotmail and we'll chat more personally. Thanks again.Jen: I am planning to look into this Dr. Pashby. Please forward anything you find out about him - all the details - the good, the bad and the ugly - to me too! Thanks.Thanks again to all for sharing your stories and experiences.__________________________________________________________Share your opinion and enter to win! Please complete this survey to enter into a draw for a grand prize of $500 or one of twenty $50 cash prizes. http://www.youthographyinsiders.com/R.aspx?a=116

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.