RemedySpot.com

Re: Kenya Election

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello ,

I had no idea you were interested in Kenyan politics. From reading numerous E-mails, it seems as if the Luos and Kukuyos will always vote for one of their own. I know that is not entirely true since there are many people in this discussion group who are well-educated and would see past their tribal loyalty. Could a poll ever be taken within the group to determine if all Luos would vote for a Luo and all Kukuyos would vote for a Kukuyo. During my visit to Kenya fro the World AIDS Marathon, I had heard so many times, this person was a bad person because he was not of the same tribe as the person making the statement. The election returns clearly indicate this to be true to a major extent. I think the Kenyan people need to look deep within themselves to see if the feud for tribal loyalty is still worth it. This is not to be taken as a statement of support for Kibaki, but as I see it, this seems to be worse than blacks versus whites in America. In America the vast majority of Black people vote Democratics because generally the policies of the Democrats favor African-American people. Is this similar as to what happens in Kenya? Is there a clear reason why a Luo should never vote for a Kukuyo or vice-versa. How can a government distinguish which policies will benefit which tribes? Is one tribe less affluent than the other as that would be understandable how governments can favor one tribe above another. Can you look at people and tell if they are Luos or Kukyos. This election seems to be a tragedy for the Kenyan people and if there was any foul play, it would be a blessing if the people involved stepped forward. I understand that Kibaki has appointed all or most of the judges. I'd be curious to know if all the judges are of the same tribe as Kibaki.

My only wish for the Kenyan people is for the future if they can stop identifying people by their tribes. CNN has not been covering the story in Kenya while BBC is covering the story.

Very Truly Yours, Brodsky, President M. Brodsky Foundationwww.richardmbrodsky.org foundation websitewww.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon websitewww.trebloon.com book website

Kenya Election

Interesting parallels between the "election" of President W. Bush (as "decided" by USA Supreme Court) in 2000,and the "reelection" of President Kibaki (as "announced" by the Election Commission of Kenya). When nations are split 50/50 difficulties naturally follow.

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics.nationmedia.com/stories12.htm Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Hello ,

I had no idea you were interested in Kenyan politics. From reading numerous E-mails, it seems as if the Luos and Kukuyos will always vote for one of their own. I know that is not entirely true since there are many people in this discussion group who are well-educated and would see past their tribal loyalty. Could a poll ever be taken within the group to determine if all Luos would vote for a Luo and all Kukuyos would vote for a Kukuyo. During my visit to Kenya fro the World AIDS Marathon, I had heard so many times, this person was a bad person because he was not of the same tribe as the person making the statement. The election returns clearly indicate this to be true to a major extent. I think the Kenyan people need to look deep within themselves to see if the feud for tribal loyalty is still worth it. This is not to be taken as a statement of support for Kibaki, but as I see it, this seems to be worse than blacks versus whites in America. In America the vast majority of Black people vote Democratics because generally the policies of the Democrats favor African-American people. Is this similar as to what happens in Kenya? Is there a clear reason why a Luo should never vote for a Kukuyo or vice-versa. How can a government distinguish which policies will benefit which tribes? Is one tribe less affluent than the other as that would be understandable how governments can favor one tribe above another. Can you look at people and tell if they are Luos or Kukyos. This election seems to be a tragedy for the Kenyan people and if there was any foul play, it would be a blessing if the people involved stepped forward. I understand that Kibaki has appointed all or most of the judges. I'd be curious to know if all the judges are of the same tribe as Kibaki.

My only wish for the Kenyan people is for the future if they can stop identifying people by their tribes. CNN has not been covering the story in Kenya while BBC is covering the story.

Very Truly Yours, Brodsky, President M. Brodsky Foundationwww.richardmbrodsky.org foundation websitewww.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon websitewww.trebloon.com book website

Kenya Election

Interesting parallels between the "election" of President W. Bush (as "decided" by USA Supreme Court) in 2000,and the "reelection" of President Kibaki (as "announced" by the Election Commission of Kenya). When nations are split 50/50 difficulties naturally follow.

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics.nationmedia.com/stories12.htm Boston, Massachusetts, USA

While superficially it may appear that Knyans take ethnic allienation, it is not quite true. Al Jazeera today gave an extremely well analyzed commentary on the issues affecting the development of democracy and hindering peace in Kenya. I hope those who did not get that clip may be able to get it up till tomorrow.

Kenya Election

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the

credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics. nationmedia. com/stories12. htm Boston,

Massachusetts, USA

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

While superficially it may appear that Knyans take ethnic allienation, it is not quite true. Al Jazeera today gave an extremely well analyzed commentary on the issues affecting the development of democracy and hindering peace in Kenya. I hope those who did not get that clip may be able to get it up till tomorrow.

Kenya Election

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the

credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics. nationmedia. com/stories12. htm Boston,

Massachusetts, USA

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Sir i read your message, iwant to tell you the truth this is beyond tribalism is a mater of interest iam aware the AmericanS met some kenyan at a hotel in washington dc to plan and help kibaki,unfortunately the kenyan people have spoken,the world has shed enough blood for America and am sorry to say that God will restore my people and my country,but Kibaki has betrayed my people,the truth is that 41 tribes are against one tribe,the people are innocent.I personal know we were at the state department but we were treated like nothing,anyway kenya will prevail.God bless Kenya

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Sir i read your message, iwant to tell you the truth this is beyond tribalism is a mater of interest iam aware the AmericanS met some kenyan at a hotel in washington dc to plan and help kibaki,unfortunately the kenyan people have spoken,the world has shed enough blood for America and am sorry to say that God will restore my people and my country,but Kibaki has betrayed my people,the truth is that 41 tribes are against one tribe,the people are innocent.I personal know we were at the state department but we were treated like nothing,anyway kenya will prevail.God bless Kenya

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA

I just want to clarify I was not one of the Americans in Washington, DC. I have my own thoughts on this situation but as President of a foundation, my foundation is not allowed to endorse a candidate. With that said, I would be remiss not to mention that 200+ people have lost their lives and both Raila and Kibaki have to live knowing innocent people have died because they cannot control their supporters. Kenyans must band together and realize for their country to survive as a peaceful, more thriving than other East African nations, the people need to act with restraint and put down the guns and torches. My foundation, the M. Brodsky Foundation looks forward to sponsoring a 2008 Kisumu World AIDS Marathon on World AIDS Day and foreigners need to know that it will be safe to travel to Kenya.

Kenya Election

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics. nationmedia. com/stories12. htm Boston, Massachusetts, USA

I just want to clarify I was not one of the Americans in Washington, DC. I have my own thoughts on this situation but as President of a foundation, my foundation is not allowed to endorse a candidate. With that said, I would be remiss not to mention that 200+ people have lost their lives and both Raila and Kibaki have to live knowing innocent people have died because they cannot control their supporters. Kenyans must band together and realize for their country to survive as a peaceful, more thriving than other East African nations, the people need to act with restraint and put down the guns and torches. My foundation, the M. Brodsky Foundation looks forward to sponsoring a 2008 Kisumu World AIDS Marathon on World AIDS Day and foreigners need to know that it will be safe to travel to Kenya.

Kenya Election

EU observers doubt presidential resultBy NATION ReporterThe European Union election observers have expressed doubts over the outcome of the presidential race.A statement this evening from the EU Observer Mission doubted the credibility of the tallying process for the presidential votes.Here is the full text of the statement:The Chief Observer of the EU Election Observation Mission (EU EOM), Graf Lambsdorff, Member of the European Parliament, issued the following statement about the announcement of the winner of the presidential election in the Republic of Kenya:“Once again, we would like to commend Kenyan citizens for the strong commitment to peace and democracy that they showed on election day. With a view to the presidential elections, however, we believe that, at this time, the ECK, despite the best efforts of its chairman, has not succeeded in establishing the credibility of the tallying process to the satisfaction of all parties and candidates. We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU EOM and the ECK have evidence. The result for the Molo constituency, for example, was announced in the presence of EU EOM Observers at the constituency tally center as 50.145 votes for President Kibaki, while the ECK today declared the result for the President to be 75.261 votes. Because of this and other observed irregularities, some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today.We call on the leaders of Kenya to maintain this spirit of peace and democracy so admirably shown by the people of Kenya on Thursday.” http://politics. nationmedia. com/stories12. htm Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Dear Sir Brodsky and all in the Forum,

The discussion here gets interesting. Anyways seems your questions regarding Kenya and Kenyanism are not adequately answered.

Answer 1: Yes, Kikuyu's and Luo's could vote for each other, marry and co-exist before the election outcome.

Answer 2: If you are a true Kenyan you can tell a member of one tribe from the other from the looks and from the speech. Or broadly you can place one as a Nilote, Cushite or Bantu etc.

Answer 3: Some policies in Kenya are made to favour members of certain tribes depended on who is in power.

Answer 4: Accessibility to resources in is not free for all. It depends on factors such as ethinicity, affiliation, corruption, etc, etc

Answer 5: Recognition by tribe does not equate to tribalism. Tribes and tribesmen is our identity. We are all Kenyans but we belong. So we cannot afford the cost of losing our identity (Ubuntu/Abantu) to nationalism (western version).

Answer 5: Kenyans violence is not a trajedy. Whomever wished, hoped or planned for whatever is happened didnot heed the early warning of the likelihood of the impending ethnic-made viz Tribal Made disastern .

It depends on how anyone wishes to evaluate the situation in Kenya. However, Kenyans have the ability and disabilities of deciding their fate.

They have since decided. Only them can Undecide or redicide their tommorrow.

Dr. Tom Were

University of Zululand, South Africa

<font face="arial narrow" color="#0000ff"><strong>Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.</strong></font>

<strong><font face="Arial Narrow" color="#0000ff">- weremaali 2006 -</font></strong>

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Dear Sir Brodsky and all in the Forum,

The discussion here gets interesting. Anyways seems your questions regarding Kenya and Kenyanism are not adequately answered.

Answer 1: Yes, Kikuyu's and Luo's could vote for each other, marry and co-exist before the election outcome.

Answer 2: If you are a true Kenyan you can tell a member of one tribe from the other from the looks and from the speech. Or broadly you can place one as a Nilote, Cushite or Bantu etc.

Answer 3: Some policies in Kenya are made to favour members of certain tribes depended on who is in power.

Answer 4: Accessibility to resources in is not free for all. It depends on factors such as ethinicity, affiliation, corruption, etc, etc

Answer 5: Recognition by tribe does not equate to tribalism. Tribes and tribesmen is our identity. We are all Kenyans but we belong. So we cannot afford the cost of losing our identity (Ubuntu/Abantu) to nationalism (western version).

Answer 5: Kenyans violence is not a trajedy. Whomever wished, hoped or planned for whatever is happened didnot heed the early warning of the likelihood of the impending ethnic-made viz Tribal Made disastern .

It depends on how anyone wishes to evaluate the situation in Kenya. However, Kenyans have the ability and disabilities of deciding their fate.

They have since decided. Only them can Undecide or redicide their tommorrow.

Dr. Tom Were

University of Zululand, South Africa

<font face="arial narrow" color="#0000ff"><strong>Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.</strong></font>

<strong><font face="Arial Narrow" color="#0000ff">- weremaali 2006 -</font></strong>

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA

Thank you Tom for your explanation. I'd like to send you and any other members of KCA who write me a copy of the 2007 Kisumu World AIDS Marathon with about a dozen photos. It is too long a newsletter to send via discussion groups. I will be sending out the newsletter tomorrow so if anyone wants to receive a copy, please send me your E-mail address. The marathon website also has some very interesting photos of the 2006 World AIDS Marathon in Kisumu. I hope that the Jomo Kenyatta Sports Ground was left intact.

Kenya Election

Thank you Tom for your explanation. I'd like to send you and any other members of KCA who write me a copy of the 2007 Kisumu World AIDS Marathon with about a dozen photos. It is too long a newsletter to send via discussion groups. I will be sending out the newsletter tomorrow so if anyone wants to receive a copy, please send me your E-mail address. The marathon website also has some very interesting photos of the 2006 World AIDS Marathon in Kisumu. I hope that the Jomo Kenyatta Sports Ground was left intact.

Kenya Election

Sir you need to stop saying anything about our politics because we have to solve this problem,look at the pictures in kenya and tell me that distribution of resources is balanced.The lobbysists who contributed 4billion to kibaki they need to be arrested.The truth is that the fight will not end unless kibaki is out of power.Thank you

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA

Sir you need to stop saying anything about our politics because we have to solve this problem,look at the pictures in kenya and tell me that distribution of resources is balanced.The lobbysists who contributed 4billion to kibaki they need to be arrested.The truth is that the fight will not end unless kibaki is out of power.Thank you

Kenya Election

Massachusetts, USA