RemedySpot.com

KCA Fund to Help Kenyans in Dire Need

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

There are feelings and thoughts still fresh--in fact, raw--in the aftermath of the election, and that is understandable. However, there are Kenyans without food, water, blankets, safety, shelter, medicines.

Several weeks ago, the KCA sent $1200 for children's holiday parties to Kisumu and Nairobi. Now Kisumu is in ruins, so those are probably the last parties the children there will see for some time. In Nairobi, the party was held up due to the election and now the violence, but when it finally happens, I'm sure it will be a bright spot in an otherwise bleak landscape.

Some of the funds we raise (and by "we" I mean a large number of people, all coming together because of our love for Kenya and Kenyans) will hopefully go towards blankets, nets, and medicines for these nonprofits, called Reachout, Deaf Impact Ministry, and SIDAREC (www.sidarec.org).

Other recipients will include the Catholic Cathedral of Eldoret, UNICEF, Red Cross Kenya, and the Gender Violence Recovery Centre of Nairobi Women's Hospital, as well as any other designated reciptients requested by donors.

The need is desperate, and all of the orgs mentioned have longstanding reputations for excellent, nonpartisan work. Hopefully you will help us to raise funds to send to Kenyans, who--as I write this--are going without even the basics of survival.

Please send your contribs in the following ways:

1) Electronic Transfer:

Kenya Community Abroad (KCA) Account number 15028186CitiBank - Routine (ABN) number 254070116 Tel: 202-857-68342) Paypal to: treasurer@... 3) Make checks payable to The Kenya Community Abroad, and mail to: The KCA, P.O. Box 50097, Washington, DC, 20091-0097

Thank you for these gestures of love and support, and rest assured that every such action will make a big difference! Janet, kaippg@...

Dear Friends,

There are feelings and thoughts still fresh--in fact, raw--in the aftermath of the election, and that is understandable. However, there are Kenyans without food, water, blankets, safety, shelter, medicines.

Several weeks ago, the KCA sent $1200 for children's holiday parties to Kisumu and Nairobi. Now Kisumu is in ruins, so those are probably the last parties the children there will see for some time. In Nairobi, the party was held up due to the election and now the violence, but when it finally happens, I'm sure it will be a bright spot in an otherwise bleak landscape.

Some of the funds we raise (and by "we" I mean a large number of people, all coming together because of our love for Kenya and Kenyans) will hopefully go towards blankets, nets, and medicines for these nonprofits, called Reachout, Deaf Impact Ministry, and SIDAREC (www.sidarec.org).

Other recipients will include the Catholic Cathedral of Eldoret, UNICEF, Red Cross Kenya, and the Gender Violence Recovery Centre of Nairobi Women's Hospital, as well as any other designated reciptients requested by donors.

The need is desperate, and all of the orgs mentioned have longstanding reputations for excellent, nonpartisan work. Hopefully you will help us to raise funds to send to Kenyans, who--as I write this--are going without even the basics of survival.

Please send your contribs in the following ways:

1) Electronic Transfer:

Kenya Community Abroad (KCA) Account number 15028186CitiBank - Routine (ABN) number 254070116 Tel: 202-857-68342) Paypal to: treasurer@... 3) Make checks payable to The Kenya Community Abroad, and mail to: The KCA, P.O. Box 50097, Washington, DC, 20091-0097

Thank you for these gestures of love and support, and rest assured that every such action will make a big difference! Janet, kaippg@...