RemedySpot.com

Who Can Help St Rita's (award-winning children's org in Kisumu)?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bernadette and All,

Hello and immense thanks for sharing your needs! Folks, there is a great need in Kisumu in general, and St Rita's is doing amazing and award-winning work with and for children, so it would be great to give them some specific support. We at the KCA have raised funds for members there already.

Perhaps 's contacts or someone else in AIDS treatments (am also ccing to KCA Main) can help Bernadette at this time? Contribs can be sent directly to her: strita42@... (strita42+hotmail.com...make sure to change the + to a @ when you mail), and Bernadette Otieno, Kisumu. Correct any info, Bernadette!

If anyone wants to PayPal to the KCA on this (treasurer@...) , that should be OK too (Lucy?), but please specify who this is for, so we will know! Do Hez and/or the Toms know Bernadette? Funds being sent to them this weekend could perhaps contain any contrib for Bernadette.

Bernadette, I'm sure they are swamped, but I've been hearing abt the work of the Kenya Red Cross with food, and how about UNICEF, Actionaid, and others?

On the Diocese, thanks so much for any outreach! If your own parish priest has engaged in peace/outreach efforts, that would be a good contact to have too.

With greatest thanks and blessings, Janet

RE: Such a Relief, Bernadette!!/but so sad abt the children!/Catholic Diocese Eldoret

Dear JanetThank you for the response.This morning we woke up and several parts of the town are battling with security with Gunshots in sarounding estates of kisumu.Our main problem as at now is food,medication and shelter for children whose houses have been destroyed.Food specifically for children on ARVsand PLWHAs is wanting.On behalf of St.Rita and other community members I wish to appeal for support in view of the above.I also want to mention that I would try and get the Bishops contant through our parish priest father kraacman and pass information to you.Thank you for your support and God bless you.Kind regardsBernadette

Dear Bernadette and All,

Hello and immense thanks for sharing your needs! Folks, there is a great need in Kisumu in general, and St Rita's is doing amazing and award-winning work with and for children, so it would be great to give them some specific support. We at the KCA have raised funds for members there already.

Perhaps 's contacts or someone else in AIDS treatments (am also ccing to KCA Main) can help Bernadette at this time? Contribs can be sent directly to her: strita42@... (strita42+hotmail.com...make sure to change the + to a @ when you mail), and Bernadette Otieno, Kisumu. Correct any info, Bernadette!

If anyone wants to PayPal to the KCA on this (treasurer@...) , that should be OK too (Lucy?), but please specify who this is for, so we will know! Do Hez and/or the Toms know Bernadette? Funds being sent to them this weekend could perhaps contain any contrib for Bernadette.

Bernadette, I'm sure they are swamped, but I've been hearing abt the work of the Kenya Red Cross with food, and how about UNICEF, Actionaid, and others?

On the Diocese, thanks so much for any outreach! If your own parish priest has engaged in peace/outreach efforts, that would be a good contact to have too.

With greatest thanks and blessings, Janet

RE: Such a Relief, Bernadette!!/but so sad abt the children!/Catholic Diocese Eldoret

Dear JanetThank you for the response.This morning we woke up and several parts of the town are battling with security with Gunshots in sarounding estates of kisumu.Our main problem as at now is food,medication and shelter for children whose houses have been destroyed.Food specifically for children on ARVsand PLWHAs is wanting.On behalf of St.Rita and other community members I wish to appeal for support in view of the above.I also want to mention that I would try and get the Bishops contant through our parish priest father kraacman and pass information to you.Thank you for your support and God bless you.Kind regardsBernadette

Janet,

I got a phone call with a great lady a Kenyan and a teacher who is very

much interested in helping out.

We need to compile a legitimate list of organisations that need help.

It is imperative that we do this within the next 24 hours. My friends

from Dubai are calling me also what to do.

I am going to Canada to visit my sisters on Thursday so I will be

offline till Saturday. Hopefully we can get something going by at least

10 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Best,

Chifu

Times Square, Manhattan

Janet,

I got a phone call with a great lady a Kenyan and a teacher who is very

much interested in helping out.

We need to compile a legitimate list of organisations that need help.

It is imperative that we do this within the next 24 hours. My friends

from Dubai are calling me also what to do.

I am going to Canada to visit my sisters on Thursday so I will be

offline till Saturday. Hopefully we can get something going by at least

10 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Best,

Chifu

Times Square, Manhattan