RemedySpot.com

2007 World AIDS Marathon, if you want to see pictures...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RACING TO SAVE LIVES

2007 Kisumu

World AIDS Marathon

successes and failures

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

World AIDS Marathon

Half-Marathon

Dinner for 350 orphans

Children's Walk... 500 walk

140 people tested for HIV

Kisumu, Kenya... World AIDS Day... Dec. 1, 2007

Jomo Kenyatta Sports Ground 7:00 AM Marathon start

If anyone has photos depicting the devastation and disregard for human life and property since the December 27th Presidential election, please send the photos to me at M.Brodsky@.... I hope to use these photos for obtaining much needed humanitarian aid in Kenya.

January 16, 2008~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Brodsky and I'm President of the M. Brodsky Foundation. As an HIV-positve, brain cancer survivor, I'm blessed to be able to run marathons. Sadly, I failed to complete the 2007 World AIDS Marathon and I had to settle for completing the half-marathon. Lots of excuses but I did finish the NYC Marathon one month earlier. My wife, Jodi, clearly my better half, completed both marathons. Altitude, dust, unseasonable 80 degree temperature and jetlag did take its toll, but I do expect to return to Kisumu to complete the 2008 World AIDS Marathon.

Start of World AIDS Marathon

The World AIDS Marathon held on December 1, 2007 sponsored by the M. Brodsky Foundation and co-sponsored by the Kisumu World AIDS Marathon Group, did not rely on huge sponsors so we were freer to plan our event without corporate sponsor demands. Our event had 217 participants whereas the marathon one day later had a major corporate sponsor, but only had 67 participants. Our event was brilliantly managed by Dr , Alie Eleveld, ph Thuku, Betty Okero and racing officials ph Ochieng and Philip Maiyo. Volunteers in America included Art Somers, Pamela Somers, and Artie Wallace. Many other volunteers participated and to all of them, 'thank you very much.' The marathon winners for male and female were Dismos Rotira, 02:30:03 and Helen Chenoneg, 02:59:50. The half marathon winners for male and female were Bernard M. Tinga, 01:11:27 and Rose Jebet, 01:23:48. To all sponsors who donated $100 or more or to any new sponsors who donate $100 or more, a personalized 2007 World AIDS Marathon T-shirt will be sent to you, if your contribution is received by December 31, 2007.

SUCCESS STORIES & HEROES

On the eve of the World AIDS Marathon, 350 orphans were fed at Outreach Village Center, a shelter for orphans established by Hezekiah Nyaranga, hero #1. Hezekiah cares for these children during the day, and at night the children return home. By Hezekiah caring for the children, the state cannot take away their land. But Hezekiah needs our help. Hezekiah has a pharmacy and while the children receive free medicine, some of the medicine, Hezekiah is required to pay for. There is even a small clinic on the premises and medical care is available for free to the children. To contact Hezekiah directly you can write him at reachout5@....

HEZEKIAH'S PHARMACY

I personally am not a rich man, nor does the M. Brodsky Foundation have a lot of money, but when it spent $1,000 for the orphan dinner... trust me, there is no greater feeling than knowing you are making a difference and the results are right before your eyes. Seeing how the money is spent firsthand and knowing that we, anyone out there can raise a $1,000 through their school, place of worship, work place, etc., to feed orphans is a very comforting feeling. We can all do our small part to help others less fortunate than us. Nothing is more gratifying than to hear and see the joy of the orphans as they sing and dance and enjoy a meal.

DINNER and DANCING WITH 350 ORPHANS

5K CHILDREN'S WALK

500 CHILDREN participated in the 5K children's walk and they were served juice, biscuits, bread and margarine after the walk. Jodi and I personally went to shopkeepers in Kisumu to request food donations and a few of the bakeries and markets came through with donations as they were eager to be included in the World AIDS Day events and feeding the 500 children. Special thanks to Mon Ami, Kenshop and Nakumatt for their food donations. Other food donations came from Jalaram Academy, Braeburn, Kisumu International School, Bulb Motors, Population Services International, and Pabari; thank you all for your food donations. We hope to get many more local vendors contributing next year. The organizer for the children's walk was ph Thuku of CDC, hero #2, no stranger to HIV / AIDS awareness. It was ph Thuku who tested Barack Obama and his wife, , for HIV last year.

ph Thuku pictured with Brodsky

On World AIDS Day, 2007, over a thousand people came out to show their support to those who were running and / or to support a friend who was walking in the Children's Walk. Naturally, there would be bands and dancers to support people who are living with HIV as well as to show their respects to those who had died from AIDS.

To really celebrate the spirit of the day, two wheelchair participants, Dr. H. Tan (pictured left) of Australia and Rioko of Kenya, heroes #3 and 4, participated and completed the marathon in 03:50:59 and 03:09:43 hours. In addition to Dr. H. Tan, www.willpower.com.sg, click here to read more, completing the World AIDS Marathon, he will be completing a marathon on every continent including Antarctica. You will never meet a finer, more courageous, decent human being than Dr. Tan.

Dr. H. Tan (left) and Rioko pictured above.

An afternoon with

On December 2, 2007. Jodi and I, a bit weary after our run the day before, travelled to Kakamega and then Bushili Village, a little over an hour's drive heading west to visit , hero #5, www.fish4Kenya.com, click here to read more and to see her projects. is a Canadian marine biologist who teaches Kenyan women how to raise fish for their families in local fish ponds by adding and adjusting chemicals. It has become such a huge success that the men have decided to turn the project into a business. also brought 6 sewing machines and cloth from Canada and she has taught the AIDS orphans and their caretakers how to make school uniforms. When , Jodi and I got out of our car at Bushili Village. Kwoba Lumbugu and her group greeted us like we were long-lost relatives from another land. They danced and celebrated our arrival but this was all due to the love and respect they have for .

Heroes #6, 7, 8 & 9 The M. Brodsky Foundation had three Kenyan board members who are all my heroes. Philip Maiyo, Secretary of the Chepkero Athletics Club, had been largely responsible for arranging for 86 Kenyan runners to receive athletic scholarships at American universities. Dr. is head of HIV research at CDC KEMRI and has had a major effect in reducing the number of new HIV-positive babies born. Tim's goal is for all Kenyan's to know their HIV-status, especially pregnant women. The likelihood that an infant will be brought into the world HIV-positive will be substantially reduced if both HIV-positive Mother and infant take a single dose of the medicine, Neviripine, during childbirth. Alie Eleveld has saved thousands of lives by bringing the technology of clean drinking water to Kenya, as well as helping numerous groups to assure that their projects have safe drinking water. And last and most important of all is my wife, Jodi, who chose to remain married to me and to keep our family loving and whole. It is Jodi's and my greatest wish to reduce the stigma of AIDS, and to show that people who are HIV-positive can lead a productive life, but they need the love and support of their family as well as access to the AIDS medicine, follow-up medical care, nutritious food, clean drinking water, moderate exercise, no smoking, no drinking, and the end of poverty. At different times during the year the M. Brodsky Foundation sponsors shoe drives so we can send used shoes to Africa. Many children and adults in Africa have never owned a pair of shoes. A $1 contribution is requested for each pair of shoes, preferably running shoes, sent to the foundation's address, see below.

Back in America, on December 2, 2007,

Leymiss Bolanos Wolmott of FuzionDance, www.fuziondance.com, click here to read more, did a benefit dance for the M. Brodsky Foundation / World AIDS Marathon. If you would like to do a dance benefit or concert to help support the work of the M. Brodsky Foundation, you can also have a link placed on the marathon website for upcoming events, www.worldaidsmaraton.com, click here to read more homepage. If anyone would be interested in hearing me speak about how it is that I'm surviving two fatal illnesses and completing 95% of the marathons I sign up for, please contact me at M.Brodsky@...

Upcoming 5K AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk on June 22, 2008

On June 22, 2008, the M. Brodsky Foundation will be sponsoring a 5K AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk in Nassau County's Cedar Creek Park. We are seeking sponsors and volunteers from all over the world to help raise awareness about the event. Special thanks to Nassau County Chief Executive, Tom Suozzi, for his support for my work. If you are interested in being a sponsor for the event, please contact me at M.Brodsky@.... Further details about the event at Cedar Creek Park in Nassau County will be provided shortly. For now we are in the process of arranging for a free concert and HIV-testing after the run. Proceeds will benefit equally AIDS projects in Africa and AIDS/ cancer projects in America with a high concentration of the American projects to be on Long Island. More specifically the money spent on Long Island will go to providing basic necessities, laundry detergent, soap, shaving cream, razor blades, toilet paper, toothpaste, band aids, condoms, etc. and if enough money is raised an outing for AIDS and cancer patients. One can of food and a pair of old running shoes will also be requested, not mandatory, from all running participants and spectators the day of the race.

A letter from Tom Suozzi, Nassau County Executive, to the M. Brodsky Foundation followed by a photo with Tom and Brodsky at the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new fitness - run trail at Eisenhower Park in August 2007 is shown below. The trail is part of Nassau County's Healthy Nassau program which seeks to make Nassau County the healthiest county in America.

In my last newsletter I reported,

"According to UNICEF's State of the World's Children 2007, a report of the 60 countries with the highest numbers of rate of children dying before their fifth birthday (U5MR, under 5 mortality rate), Kenya has 120 children dying per 1,000 children before they reach their fifth birthday. Even worse is the fact that Kenya is fifth from the top of the list for countries having the greatest increase, 24%, in the U5MR rate from the years 1990 - 2005. Only Iraq, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Swaziland have had a greater increase in the U5MR rate from 1990 - 2005."

In a recent December 2007 update, on Unicef's website, the U5MR estimate for Kenya in 2006 has remained the same. It should be pointed out that these numbers are only estimates. Considering that only 7 countries had an increase in the U5MR from 2005 - 2006, this is not a good sign for the children of Kenya. Odder still is the fact that Kenya continues to have a reduction in the number of new HIV cases.

On the plus side, if we can disregard statistics for a minute, I'd like to share a major trend which I observed during my last visit to Kenya a few weeks ago. In an earlier newsletter I had reported how a group of AIDS widows who cared for AIDS orphans had no interest in being tested for HIV, due to the stigma of having AIDS and the inability to have easy access to the AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care. There has been a major reversal and the AIDS widows now are seeking to be tested for the AIDS virus. One group of 20+/- AIDS widows asked me if there was a vehicle that could bring them to the city to be tested. I contacted ph Thuku at CDC and I was told this was not possible since the nearest testing center was not far from where the women resided. It's questionable if the women will ever make the trip to town, but what if there was one medical van that could reach villages and test the AIDS widows and others and that same medical van had a nurse or doctor who could also bring medicine and provide follow-up medical care for those previously diagnosed with the AIDS virus.

To all my friends, no matter what religion

To all my Christian friends, I'd like to wish all of you a belated Merry Christmas and to all my friends, no matter what religion, I wish you peace, good health and prosperity so you may continue to help others, and a year where all your dreams, and even those you never dared to dream become reality. To all my Jewish friends, I'd like to share with you some of the most magnificent stained glass windows I have ever seen in my life; the photos below are from the Nairobi Synagogue. And the sad truth of the matter is there is not a single rabbi in Kenya who presides over any synagogue, and this synagogue has an apartment just waiting for a Rabbi to reside in it.

Nairobi Synagogue

Donations...

When you are considering which AIDS or cancer charity to make your annual donation to, please consider the M. Brodsky Foundation, a 501© 3 public charity. There are many marathons benefiting charities, but how many of them have the President of the foundation participating in one. The 2004 World AIDS Marathon can be viewed by visiting the marathon website, www.worldaismarathon.com, click here to read more. Donations can be made online via the marathon website, see above or foundation websites, www.MBrodsky.com, click here or by sending a donation to:

M. Brodsky Foundation

1247 Mara Court

Atlantic Beach, NY 11509

United States of America

The foundation's website is undergoing a change in hosting companies so if you cannot make a donation via the website www.MBrodsky.org, click here you can make your donation via PayPal by the website, www.MBrodsky.com, click here

To learn more about the work of the foundation, please visit the marathon and foundation website. In closing...

.... Philanthropy needs to be thought of as an art; how can one apply paint to a canvas that will evoke an image of hope for a brighter tomorrow.

To view

the 2004 World AIDS Marathon dvd

visit the marathon website

www.worldaidsmarathon.com

please visit the website, www.worldaidsmarathon.com contact info: @ M.Brodsky@...

or by phone at 516-770-7724

Very Truly Yours,

Brodsky,

M. Brodsky, President of M. Brodsky Foundation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon website

www.richardmbrodsky.com foundation website

http://trebloon.com book website

Contact Information ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~phone: 516-770-7724 or M.Brodsky@... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick Links... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Website

Products

Services

More About Us

Forward email

This email was sent to richardm.brodsky@..., by richardm.brodsky@...

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

President of Foundation | 1247 Mara Court | Atlantic Beach | NY | 11509

RACING TO SAVE LIVES

2007 Kisumu

World AIDS Marathon

successes and failures

World AIDS Marathon

Half-Marathon

Dinner for 350 orphans

Children's Walk... 500 walk

140 people tested for HIV

Kisumu, Kenya... World AIDS Day... Dec. 1, 2007

Jomo Kenyatta Sports Ground 7:00 AM Marathon start

If anyone has photos depicting the devastation and disregard for human life and property since the December 27th Presidential election, please send the photos to me at M.Brodsky@.... I hope to use these photos for obtaining much needed humanitarian aid in Kenya.

January 16, 2008~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Brodsky and I'm President of the M. Brodsky Foundation. As an HIV-positve, brain cancer survivor, I'm blessed to be able to run marathons. Sadly, I failed to complete the 2007 World AIDS Marathon and I had to settle for completing the half-marathon. Lots of excuses but I did finish the NYC Marathon one month earlier. My wife, Jodi, clearly my better half, completed both marathons. Altitude, dust, unseasonable 80 degree temperature and jetlag did take its toll, but I do expect to return to Kisumu to complete the 2008 World AIDS Marathon.

Start of World AIDS Marathon

The World AIDS Marathon held on December 1, 2007 sponsored by the M. Brodsky Foundation and co-sponsored by the Kisumu World AIDS Marathon Group, did not rely on huge sponsors so we were freer to plan our event without corporate sponsor demands. Our event had 217 participants whereas the marathon one day later had a major corporate sponsor, but only had 67 participants. Our event was brilliantly managed by Dr , Alie Eleveld, ph Thuku, Betty Okero and racing officials ph Ochieng and Philip Maiyo. Volunteers in America included Art Somers, Pamela Somers, and Artie Wallace. Many other volunteers participated and to all of them, 'thank you very much.' The marathon winners for male and female were Dismos Rotira, 02:30:03 and Helen Chenoneg, 02:59:50. The half marathon winners for male and female were Bernard M. Tinga, 01:11:27 and Rose Jebet, 01:23:48. To all sponsors who donated $100 or more or to any new sponsors who donate $100 or more, a personalized 2007 World AIDS Marathon T-shirt will be sent to you, if your contribution is received by December 31, 2007.

SUCCESS STORIES & HEROES

On the eve of the World AIDS Marathon, 350 orphans were fed at Outreach Village Center, a shelter for orphans established by Hezekiah Nyaranga, hero #1. Hezekiah cares for these children during the day, and at night the children return home. By Hezekiah caring for the children, the state cannot take away their land. But Hezekiah needs our help. Hezekiah has a pharmacy and while the children receive free medicine, some of the medicine, Hezekiah is required to pay for. There is even a small clinic on the premises and medical care is available for free to the children. To contact Hezekiah directly you can write him at reachout5@....

HEZEKIAH'S PHARMACY

I personally am not a rich man, nor does the M. Brodsky Foundation have a lot of money, but when it spent $1,000 for the orphan dinner... trust me, there is no greater feeling than knowing you are making a difference and the results are right before your eyes. Seeing how the money is spent firsthand and knowing that we, anyone out there can raise a $1,000 through their school, place of worship, work place, etc., to feed orphans is a very comforting feeling. We can all do our small part to help others less fortunate than us. Nothing is more gratifying than to hear and see the joy of the orphans as they sing and dance and enjoy a meal.

DINNER and DANCING WITH 350 ORPHANS

5K CHILDREN'S WALK

500 CHILDREN participated in the 5K children's walk and they were served juice, biscuits, bread and margarine after the walk. Jodi and I personally went to shopkeepers in Kisumu to request food donations and a few of the bakeries and markets came through with donations as they were eager to be included in the World AIDS Day events and feeding the 500 children. Special thanks to Mon Ami, Kenshop and Nakumatt for their food donations. Other food donations came from Jalaram Academy, Braeburn, Kisumu International School, Bulb Motors, Population Services International, and Pabari; thank you all for your food donations. We hope to get many more local vendors contributing next year. The organizer for the children's walk was ph Thuku of CDC, hero #2, no stranger to HIV / AIDS awareness. It was ph Thuku who tested Barack Obama and his wife, , for HIV last year.

ph Thuku pictured with Brodsky

On World AIDS Day, 2007, over a thousand people came out to show their support to those who were running and / or to support a friend who was walking in the Children's Walk. Naturally, there would be bands and dancers to support people who are living with HIV as well as to show their respects to those who had died from AIDS.

To really celebrate the spirit of the day, two wheelchair participants, Dr. H. Tan (pictured left) of Australia and Rioko of Kenya, heroes #3 and 4, participated and completed the marathon in 03:50:59 and 03:09:43 hours. In addition to Dr. H. Tan, www.willpower.com.sg, click here to read more, completing the World AIDS Marathon, he will be completing a marathon on every continent including Antarctica. You will never meet a finer, more courageous, decent human being than Dr. Tan.

Dr. H. Tan (left) and Rioko pictured above.

An afternoon with

On December 2, 2007. Jodi and I, a bit weary after our run the day before, travelled to Kakamega and then Bushili Village, a little over an hour's drive heading west to visit , hero #5, www.fish4Kenya.com, click here to read more and to see her projects. is a Canadian marine biologist who teaches Kenyan women how to raise fish for their families in local fish ponds by adding and adjusting chemicals. It has become such a huge success that the men have decided to turn the project into a business. also brought 6 sewing machines and cloth from Canada and she has taught the AIDS orphans and their caretakers how to make school uniforms. When , Jodi and I got out of our car at Bushili Village. Kwoba Lumbugu and her group greeted us like we were long-lost relatives from another land. They danced and celebrated our arrival but this was all due to the love and respect they have for .

Heroes #6, 7, 8 & 9 The M. Brodsky Foundation had three Kenyan board members who are all my heroes. Philip Maiyo, Secretary of the Chepkero Athletics Club, had been largely responsible for arranging for 86 Kenyan runners to receive athletic scholarships at American universities. Dr. is head of HIV research at CDC KEMRI and has had a major effect in reducing the number of new HIV-positive babies born. Tim's goal is for all Kenyan's to know their HIV-status, especially pregnant women. The likelihood that an infant will be brought into the world HIV-positive will be substantially reduced if both HIV-positive Mother and infant take a single dose of the medicine, Neviripine, during childbirth. Alie Eleveld has saved thousands of lives by bringing the technology of clean drinking water to Kenya, as well as helping numerous groups to assure that their projects have safe drinking water. And last and most important of all is my wife, Jodi, who chose to remain married to me and to keep our family loving and whole. It is Jodi's and my greatest wish to reduce the stigma of AIDS, and to show that people who are HIV-positive can lead a productive life, but they need the love and support of their family as well as access to the AIDS medicine, follow-up medical care, nutritious food, clean drinking water, moderate exercise, no smoking, no drinking, and the end of poverty. At different times during the year the M. Brodsky Foundation sponsors shoe drives so we can send used shoes to Africa. Many children and adults in Africa have never owned a pair of shoes. A $1 contribution is requested for each pair of shoes, preferably running shoes, sent to the foundation's address, see below.

Back in America, on December 2, 2007,

Leymiss Bolanos Wolmott of FuzionDance, www.fuziondance.com, click here to read more, did a benefit dance for the M. Brodsky Foundation / World AIDS Marathon. If you would like to do a dance benefit or concert to help support the work of the M. Brodsky Foundation, you can also have a link placed on the marathon website for upcoming events, www.worldaidsmaraton.com, click here to read more homepage. If anyone would be interested in hearing me speak about how it is that I'm surviving two fatal illnesses and completing 95% of the marathons I sign up for, please contact me at M.Brodsky@...

Upcoming 5K AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk on June 22, 2008

On June 22, 2008, the M. Brodsky Foundation will be sponsoring a 5K AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk in Nassau County's Cedar Creek Park. We are seeking sponsors and volunteers from all over the world to help raise awareness about the event. Special thanks to Nassau County Chief Executive, Tom Suozzi, for his support for my work. If you are interested in being a sponsor for the event, please contact me at M.Brodsky@.... Further details about the event at Cedar Creek Park in Nassau County will be provided shortly. For now we are in the process of arranging for a free concert and HIV-testing after the run. Proceeds will benefit equally AIDS projects in Africa and AIDS/ cancer projects in America with a high concentration of the American projects to be on Long Island. More specifically the money spent on Long Island will go to providing basic necessities, laundry detergent, soap, shaving cream, razor blades, toilet paper, toothpaste, band aids, condoms, etc. and if enough money is raised an outing for AIDS and cancer patients. One can of food and a pair of old running shoes will also be requested, not mandatory, from all running participants and spectators the day of the race.

A letter from Tom Suozzi, Nassau County Executive, to the M. Brodsky Foundation followed by a photo with Tom and Brodsky at the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new fitness - run trail at Eisenhower Park in August 2007 is shown below. The trail is part of Nassau County's Healthy Nassau program which seeks to make Nassau County the healthiest county in America.

In my last newsletter I reported,

"According to UNICEF's State of the World's Children 2007, a report of the 60 countries with the highest numbers of rate of children dying before their fifth birthday (U5MR, under 5 mortality rate), Kenya has 120 children dying per 1,000 children before they reach their fifth birthday. Even worse is the fact that Kenya is fifth from the top of the list for countries having the greatest increase, 24%, in the U5MR rate from the years 1990 - 2005. Only Iraq, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Swaziland have had a greater increase in the U5MR rate from 1990 - 2005."

In a recent December 2007 update, on Unicef's website, the U5MR estimate for Kenya in 2006 has remained the same. It should be pointed out that these numbers are only estimates. Considering that only 7 countries had an increase in the U5MR from 2005 - 2006, this is not a good sign for the children of Kenya. Odder still is the fact that Kenya continues to have a reduction in the number of new HIV cases.

On the plus side, if we can disregard statistics for a minute, I'd like to share a major trend which I observed during my last visit to Kenya a few weeks ago. In an earlier newsletter I had reported how a group of AIDS widows who cared for AIDS orphans had no interest in being tested for HIV, due to the stigma of having AIDS and the inability to have easy access to the AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care. There has been a major reversal and the AIDS widows now are seeking to be tested for the AIDS virus. One group of 20+/- AIDS widows asked me if there was a vehicle that could bring them to the city to be tested. I contacted ph Thuku at CDC and I was told this was not possible since the nearest testing center was not far from where the women resided. It's questionable if the women will ever make the trip to town, but what if there was one medical van that could reach villages and test the AIDS widows and others and that same medical van had a nurse or doctor who could also bring medicine and provide follow-up medical care for those previously diagnosed with the AIDS virus.

To all my friends, no matter what religion

To all my Christian friends, I'd like to wish all of you a belated Merry Christmas and to all my friends, no matter what religion, I wish you peace, good health and prosperity so you may continue to help others, and a year where all your dreams, and even those you never dared to dream become reality. To all my Jewish friends, I'd like to share with you some of the most magnificent stained glass windows I have ever seen in my life; the photos below are from the Nairobi Synagogue. And the sad truth of the matter is there is not a single rabbi in Kenya who presides over any synagogue, and this synagogue has an apartment just waiting for a Rabbi to reside in it.

Nairobi Synagogue

Donations...

When you are considering which AIDS or cancer charity to make your annual donation to, please consider the M. Brodsky Foundation, a 501© 3 public charity. There are many marathons benefiting charities, but how many of them have the President of the foundation participating in one. The 2004 World AIDS Marathon can be viewed by visiting the marathon website, www.worldaismarathon.com, click here to read more. Donations can be made online via the marathon website, see above or foundation websites, www.MBrodsky.com, click here or by sending a donation to:

M. Brodsky Foundation

1247 Mara Court

Atlantic Beach, NY 11509

United States of America

The foundation's website is undergoing a change in hosting companies so if you cannot make a donation via the website www.MBrodsky.org, click here you can make your donation via PayPal by the website, www.MBrodsky.com, click here

To learn more about the work of the foundation, please visit the marathon and foundation website. In closing...

.... Philanthropy needs to be thought of as an art; how can one apply paint to a canvas that will evoke an image of hope for a brighter tomorrow.

To view

the 2004 World AIDS Marathon dvd

visit the marathon website

www.worldaidsmarathon.com

please visit the website, www.worldaidsmarathon.com contact info: @ M.Brodsky@...

or by phone at 516-770-7724

Very Truly Yours,

Brodsky,

M. Brodsky, President of M. Brodsky Foundation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon website

www.richardmbrodsky.com foundation website

http://trebloon.com book website

Contact Information ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~phone: 516-770-7724 or M.Brodsky@... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick Links... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Website

Products

Services

More About Us

Forward email

This email was sent to richardm.brodsky@..., by richardm.brodsky@...

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

President of Foundation | 1247 Mara Court | Atlantic Beach | NY | 11509