RemedySpot.com

Re: Mama Obama and 2008 World AIDS Marathon/, Hez: we're with you in spirit!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear , Hezekiah, and All,

It is so exciting to read about your marvelous plans for the World AIDS Marathon 2008, and especially so with the addition of Mama Obama!

We will surely be with you in spirit as the race kicks off (some few hrs from now in Kenya), and we've definitely been seated today at the same table as you, Hezekiah, and the young people to whom he has devoted his life.

Hopefully your great publicity (below) has elicited some much-needed donations, and there is still time to do, I imagine, so hopefully everyone reading this will consider it.

With greatest thanks and blessings, and may HIV/AIDS be defeated with the swift beat of a marathoner's feet! Janet

Mama Obama to flag off the 2008 World AIDS Marathon

MAMA SARAH OBAMA,BARACK OBAMA'SKENYAN GRANDMOTHER TO FLAG OFF 2008 KISUMU,KENYA

World AIDS Marathon, Why Kenya?

click here on the REGISTER NOW and find out why November 26, 2008

Welcome to the 5th World AIDS Marathon and the 4th World AIDS Marathon in Kenya which the M. Brodsky Foundation has co-sponsored with the Kisumu World AIDS Marathon Group. Even if you cannot make it to Kenya this year, you can still make a donation to the M. Brodsky Foundation. This will be the final press release as my wife Jodi and I are flying to Africa today. Our first night we will sleep in the airplane and we will arrive in Nairobi on Thanksgiving Day, 8:30 PM. We were invited to stay at the home of Channa and her husband Dr. Silverstein, President of the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation. I always like to say a prayer in the Synagogue wishing that Jodi and I will have a successful race and we will have the opportunity to run in many more World AIDS Marathons and raise a lot of money for AIDS and cancer charities. I also pray that Israel will continue being a good friend to Kenya by providing irrigation and agricultural advice for farmers in Kenya and the Church will continue to be supportive of AIDS orphans. For example, in 2004, my Foundation donated $2,000 to get an orphanage, the Little Lambs, started in Nakuru, Kenya, and it is operated by the local church. Similarly, the first orphan dinner my Foundation will be sponsoring on November 29th owes its existence to Sr. Philemona, a Catholic nun who is the caretaker and acting mother of St. 's orphanage.I find myself feeling very tranquil as I pray in the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation. Speaking as an Architect, the Synagogue is an architectural gem and the interior is flooded with hues of every color of the rainbow. And then when I leave the Synagogue, I look forward to meeting the sisters and nuns who give everything they have to care for the AIDS orphans.

My name is Brodsky and I'm President of the M. Brodsky Foundation. I am HIV-positive for 11 years and a brain cancer survivor for 6 years and I run marathons to raise awareness that millions of lives can be saved if access to the AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care is available to HIV-postive people. My HIV-negative wife Jodi will also be running in her 5th World AIDS Marathon.Friday, November 28, Jodi and I will be flying to Kisumu, Kenya, and Saturday, November 29th, the M. Brodsky Foundation will be sponsoring an orphan dinner at St. 's orphanage. Some of the 86 orphans have AIDS and some have been orphaned from the 2007 post-election strife in Kenya.

Pictured above is Sr. Philemona, acting mother, and some of the 86 children of St. 's orphanagePictured below are some of the 86 orphans hoping that you will will visit them and not allow them to be forgotten. COUNT ME IN!

Sunday, you're invited to Reach Out Orphans Support Center if you registered to run the marathon via the website, www.worldaidsmarathon.com. This will be the second year the dinner will be at Reach Out.

Our host, Hezekiah Nyaranga, cares for the 350 orphans during the day and the children return to their homes in the evening. By Hezekiah caring for these children during the day, the state cannot take away their land. As depressing and as hard as this is to comprehend that there are children who have to worry about their land being taken away from them, we can take great comfort in America knowing that our children are not faced with similar problems of losing their parents before they enroll in kindergarten.Monday, 6 AM. and Mama will be there at the start to make sure the marathon runners are off and running. 6:30 AM and the gun goes off for the half marathoners. The running Events will start and finish at Jomo Kenyatta Sports Stadium. At 9 AM, Mama will be at start for the Children's Walk for 250 children which will commence from the Provincial General Hospital.

As the children enter Jomo Kenyatta Sports Stadium from one end of the stadium accompanied by parade floats, the runners are entering the other end of the stadium. For one day only, your are an Olympiad and the crowd is cheering enthusiastically as you are about to claim your first GOLD medal!Even Philip Maiyo, Secretary of the famous Chepkero Athletics Club, will be there to cheer you on. Philip has trained some of the greatest Kenyan and non-Kenyan runners in the hills of Eldoret, Kenya. Legends like Kip Keino have hailed from Eldoret. With Philip's assistance, 86 Kenyans have been awarded athletic scholarships to study at American colleges. Philip has been the heart and soul of the World AIDS Marathon. Pictured below is Philip (white cap, burgundy outfit, at left post and me Brodsky, President of the M. Brodsky Foundation, white shirt holding the right side of the banner), at the start of the 2004 World AIDS Marathon in Mbita, Kenya, an island in Lake .In 2005, Philip Maiyo was elected to be a Board Member of the M. Brodsky Foundation. Philip never made it to the 2005 Gainesville World AIDS Marathon and we moved the World AIDS Marathon back to Kisumu, Kenya in 2006 largely because...graphic above prepared by AMSA, American Medical Student AssociationPictured below is Zeus, the supreme God of Greek Mythology coming to bless our 2006 World AIDS Marathon, thousands of years after the first marathon. May Zeus's presence be a sign that a cure and vaccine for AIDS will present itself in the near future.Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon PosterFREE, 2008 World AIDS Marathon poster, click here Poster is available in 4 sizes- 11 X 17 portrait- 11 X 17 poster- 18 X 24 portrait- 18 X 24 posterPlease consider posting a free copy of this poster on your website, or at your place of business, school or club. If you are a travel agent, running club, AIDS or cancer organization, wellness-oriented company, or anyone who wants to help raise awareness to the fact that 2,100,000 cannot be allowed to die from AIDS every year and we cannot ignore the 11,400,000 orphans living in sub-Saharan Africa, this poster is a must-have. The cost for the 11 X 17 poster is between $1 - $2 if you go to a large retailer, but if you go to a small printer and explain why we need these posters displayed, you should be able to get a free poster.

Announcing the 2008 Kisumu, Kenya

World AIDS Marathon

World AIDS Day, December 1, 2008

Raising money this year to make the World AIDS Marathon a successful, fundraising Event is becoming extremely difficult and I am appealing to the college coaches in America to help raise money for AIDS charities and also to permit some great Kenyan runners another run to showcase their athletic prowess. We had three times as many runners participating in our run as compared to the Safari.com run a day later and their prize purse was much greater than our run. We can thank Philip for bringing plenty of runners from Eldoret who also ran off with almost all the prize money.

1,200+ people participated in 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2008 World AIDS Marathon will be the 5th World AIDS Marathon that my wife Jodi and I will be participating in. We know from experience these Events can only be successful if we have a good team on the ground in Kenya; we have a great team!

Three of the Foundation's board members, Dr. , Philip Maiyo and Alie Eleveld are Kenyan or have lived in Kenya for the past 23 years and they know how to organize these Events because they are passionate about their work. Tim is chief of HIV / AIDS research at KEMRI CDC in Kisumu, Kenya. His main work focuses on getting people tested for HIV, especially pregnant women. If the expectant mother is found to be HIV-positive, the mother and infant are given a dose of Neviripine when the infant is born. This will substantially increase the likelihood that the infant will be HIV-negative. Philip Maiyo is Secretary of the Chepkero Athletics Club and has largely been responsible for arranging for 86 Kenyan student athletes to receive athletic scholarships at American universities. Alie Eleveld has received grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for helping to provide clean drinking water for Western Kenya. We also have Betty Okero, head of the Civil Society Organization, and ph Ochieng, an athletic coach of Athletics Kenya who will serve as a race course official.

500 children participated in the Children's WalkThe 2007 World AIDS Marathon and its related Events were attended by over 1,200 people.

217 people participated in the Marathon & Half-Marathon.

350 orphans were fed at the orphan dinner

500 children participated in the Children's Walk

140 people tested for the AIDS virus

2 handicapped athletes in wheelchairs participated

Dr. Tan (left) of Australia and

Rioko (right) of Kenya

A jubilant Dr. H Tan, 's story, and Rioko after completing the 2007 Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon. NEWS ALERT December 19, 2007, Dr. H. Tan has now become the fastest person in the world to complete 7 marathons across 7 continents in 26 days, 17 hours and 43 minutes.

Special thanks to a lot of people and the power of prayer

Back in 1997 I was diagnosed with HIV and five years later in 2002, I was diagnosed with brain cancer and given only 2 - 4 years to live. I made a promise to myself and anyone else who was listening that if my life was spared I would do everything to help people who were less fortunate than me. I even visited the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation in Nairobi, Kenya and said a prayer while viewing the most beautiful stained glass window of the Burning Bush.

I would like to thank President-Elect Barack Obama; President Clinton; , former United Nations Special Envoy for HIV / AIDS in Africa; Senator Ted Kennedy; Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy; Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi; and Town of Hempstead Supervisor Kate Murray for their support for the Foundation's work which includes its annual World AIDS Marathon held in Kisumu, Kenya as well as the 5k AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk in America. These letters can be viewed by visiting the website link, view letters. The American Medical Student Association, AMSA, has also created a story line of the Foundation's work which can be viewed by read about .

2,100,000 people need not die from AIDS every year

The foundation seeks to raise awareness that 2,100,000 people need not die from AIDS every year. The AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care must be accessible to all people living with HIV. All the AIDS medicine in the world will not help unless clean drinking water and adequate nutritious food is available. Educating people about safe sex, advising people living with HIV not to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, and to get some daily exercise-these are messages that need to reach people living with HIV. It is essential that the media broadcast stories about the 11,400,000 orphans living in sub-Saharan Africa who have lost one or both parents to AIDS. These children could have been our children if we were born in Africa. We are so blessed to be living in America even with its current problems. I promise to do my part by running marathons as long as my legs hold up, but promoting and staging these Events requires donations.

A home for orphans in Mbita, Kenya, an island in Lake , site of the 2004 World AIDS MarathonMany people have asked me over the years, 'Why did we stage the 2004 World AIDS Marathon in Kenya and why did we return to Kenya in 2006?' Considering that the national pastime of Kenya is running, Kenya seemed a logical country to host the inaugural 2004 World AIDS Marathon. The Foundation then organized a 2005 World AIDS Marathon and a Surviving and Thriving Conference at the University of Florida in Gainesville, but we were much more successful raising money when we had the World AIDS Marathon in Africa. For example, $2,000 was given to start an orphanage, see photos, for 50 - 60 orphans in Nakuru, Kenya. The project had been delayed for 18 months and that $2,000 allowed the project to proceed and today 50 - 60 orphans are cared for.

Orphan dinner for 500 children the evening before the 2006 Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon

The reason we returned to Kenya in 2006 was also based on the UN AIDS / World Health Organization report issued in March, 2006 stating that only two countries in Africa reduced the rate of new HIV cases between December 2003 - December 2005 and Kenya was one of those two countries. Considering that the World AIDS Marathon was held in December 2004 perhaps the widely attended Event had some impact on reducing the number of new HIV cases. A dvd of the 2004 World AIDS Marathon can be viewed by visiting the World AIDS Marathon website.

The Foundation donates money to various AIDS projects in Kenya, AIDS and cancer research projects in America and to organizations providing aid to people living with HIV and cancer. To make a donation to the M. Brodsky Foundation you can mail a check to the Foundation's address noted below or visit the Foundation website and click on the PayPal donate link. Alternately you can make your donation via the World AIDS Marathon website, by clicking on the Donate link. A $100 donation will entitle you or your company to have your name on the 2008 World AIDS Marathon commemorative t-shirt and a $250 donation will entitle you to a logo on the shirt. In addition, the shirt will be mailed to you. For further details about the 2008 World AIDS Marathon or to register for the World AIDS Marathon or half-marathon, click on the 'Register' link from the World AIDS Marathon website

For more info about the Foundation's mission and the World AIDS Marathon, please visit Foundation website & World AIDS Marathon website. There are some great photos of the 2007, 2006 and 2004 World AIDS Marathon which can be viewed by visiting photos 2007, photos 2006 and photos 2004.

5,700 people die from AIDS every day

6,800 people are newly infected

with the AIDS virus each day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~We are still losing the fight against AIDS. According to the November 2007 report issued by UN AIDS / World Health Organization, for every HIV-positive person worldwide who manages to begin treatment with AIDS medicine, there will be three newly infected people with the AIDS virus. Every day, on average, there are about 5,700 people dying from AIDS and 6,800 new cases of people living with the AIDS virus.

(photo, courtesy of Mike Polansky of the Greater Long Island Running Club)

Please consider making your annual contribution to the M. Brodsky Foundation as the Foundation's work has become my life's work. The foundation also sponsored its first 5k AIDS Cancer Survive Run Walk in Seaford, Long Island on June 22, 2008 and will be sponsoring another 5k Event on June 21, 2009. There are no other Presidents of Foundations who are HIV-positive and have brain cancer whose main fundraising activity consists of running marathons. But if running marathons can help raise awareness that hundreds of thousand lives can be saved each year if access to the AIDS medicine is free for people who cannot afford the AIDS medicine, then I have no choice but to continue running marathons.

We are always looking for volunteers so if you've managed to read this entire newsletter, we could really use your help. Please contact me, , at the contact information below.

M. Brodsky Foundation

1247 Mara Court

Atlantic Beach,NY 11509

Phone: (516) 770-7724 (516) 432-1254

E-Mail: M.Brodsky@...

Very Truly Yours,

Brodsky,

M. Brodsky, President of M. Brodsky Foundation

http://www.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon website

http://www.richardmbrodsky.org foundation website

http://trebloon.com book website

http://www.5kAIDScancer.com 5k run in America website

Contact Information ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~phone: 516-770-7724 or M.Brodsky@... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forward email

This email was sent to richardm.brodsky@... by richardm.brodsky@....

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

M. Brodsky Foundation | 1247 Mara Court | Atlantic Beach | NY | 11509

Dear , Hezekiah, and All,

It is so exciting to read about your marvelous plans for the World AIDS Marathon 2008, and especially so with the addition of Mama Obama!

We will surely be with you in spirit as the race kicks off (some few hrs from now in Kenya), and we've definitely been seated today at the same table as you, Hezekiah, and the young people to whom he has devoted his life.

Hopefully your great publicity (below) has elicited some much-needed donations, and there is still time to do, I imagine, so hopefully everyone reading this will consider it.

With greatest thanks and blessings, and may HIV/AIDS be defeated with the swift beat of a marathoner's feet! Janet

Mama Obama to flag off the 2008 World AIDS Marathon

MAMA SARAH OBAMA,BARACK OBAMA'SKENYAN GRANDMOTHER TO FLAG OFF 2008 KISUMU,KENYA

World AIDS Marathon, Why Kenya?

click here on the REGISTER NOW and find out why November 26, 2008

Welcome to the 5th World AIDS Marathon and the 4th World AIDS Marathon in Kenya which the M. Brodsky Foundation has co-sponsored with the Kisumu World AIDS Marathon Group. Even if you cannot make it to Kenya this year, you can still make a donation to the M. Brodsky Foundation. This will be the final press release as my wife Jodi and I are flying to Africa today. Our first night we will sleep in the airplane and we will arrive in Nairobi on Thanksgiving Day, 8:30 PM. We were invited to stay at the home of Channa and her husband Dr. Silverstein, President of the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation. I always like to say a prayer in the Synagogue wishing that Jodi and I will have a successful race and we will have the opportunity to run in many more World AIDS Marathons and raise a lot of money for AIDS and cancer charities. I also pray that Israel will continue being a good friend to Kenya by providing irrigation and agricultural advice for farmers in Kenya and the Church will continue to be supportive of AIDS orphans. For example, in 2004, my Foundation donated $2,000 to get an orphanage, the Little Lambs, started in Nakuru, Kenya, and it is operated by the local church. Similarly, the first orphan dinner my Foundation will be sponsoring on November 29th owes its existence to Sr. Philemona, a Catholic nun who is the caretaker and acting mother of St. 's orphanage.I find myself feeling very tranquil as I pray in the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation. Speaking as an Architect, the Synagogue is an architectural gem and the interior is flooded with hues of every color of the rainbow. And then when I leave the Synagogue, I look forward to meeting the sisters and nuns who give everything they have to care for the AIDS orphans.

My name is Brodsky and I'm President of the M. Brodsky Foundation. I am HIV-positive for 11 years and a brain cancer survivor for 6 years and I run marathons to raise awareness that millions of lives can be saved if access to the AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care is available to HIV-postive people. My HIV-negative wife Jodi will also be running in her 5th World AIDS Marathon.Friday, November 28, Jodi and I will be flying to Kisumu, Kenya, and Saturday, November 29th, the M. Brodsky Foundation will be sponsoring an orphan dinner at St. 's orphanage. Some of the 86 orphans have AIDS and some have been orphaned from the 2007 post-election strife in Kenya.

Pictured above is Sr. Philemona, acting mother, and some of the 86 children of St. 's orphanagePictured below are some of the 86 orphans hoping that you will will visit them and not allow them to be forgotten. COUNT ME IN!

Sunday, you're invited to Reach Out Orphans Support Center if you registered to run the marathon via the website, www.worldaidsmarathon.com. This will be the second year the dinner will be at Reach Out.

Our host, Hezekiah Nyaranga, cares for the 350 orphans during the day and the children return to their homes in the evening. By Hezekiah caring for these children during the day, the state cannot take away their land. As depressing and as hard as this is to comprehend that there are children who have to worry about their land being taken away from them, we can take great comfort in America knowing that our children are not faced with similar problems of losing their parents before they enroll in kindergarten.Monday, 6 AM. and Mama will be there at the start to make sure the marathon runners are off and running. 6:30 AM and the gun goes off for the half marathoners. The running Events will start and finish at Jomo Kenyatta Sports Stadium. At 9 AM, Mama will be at start for the Children's Walk for 250 children which will commence from the Provincial General Hospital.

As the children enter Jomo Kenyatta Sports Stadium from one end of the stadium accompanied by parade floats, the runners are entering the other end of the stadium. For one day only, your are an Olympiad and the crowd is cheering enthusiastically as you are about to claim your first GOLD medal!Even Philip Maiyo, Secretary of the famous Chepkero Athletics Club, will be there to cheer you on. Philip has trained some of the greatest Kenyan and non-Kenyan runners in the hills of Eldoret, Kenya. Legends like Kip Keino have hailed from Eldoret. With Philip's assistance, 86 Kenyans have been awarded athletic scholarships to study at American colleges. Philip has been the heart and soul of the World AIDS Marathon. Pictured below is Philip (white cap, burgundy outfit, at left post and me Brodsky, President of the M. Brodsky Foundation, white shirt holding the right side of the banner), at the start of the 2004 World AIDS Marathon in Mbita, Kenya, an island in Lake .In 2005, Philip Maiyo was elected to be a Board Member of the M. Brodsky Foundation. Philip never made it to the 2005 Gainesville World AIDS Marathon and we moved the World AIDS Marathon back to Kisumu, Kenya in 2006 largely because...graphic above prepared by AMSA, American Medical Student AssociationPictured below is Zeus, the supreme God of Greek Mythology coming to bless our 2006 World AIDS Marathon, thousands of years after the first marathon. May Zeus's presence be a sign that a cure and vaccine for AIDS will present itself in the near future.Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon PosterFREE, 2008 World AIDS Marathon poster, click here Poster is available in 4 sizes- 11 X 17 portrait- 11 X 17 poster- 18 X 24 portrait- 18 X 24 posterPlease consider posting a free copy of this poster on your website, or at your place of business, school or club. If you are a travel agent, running club, AIDS or cancer organization, wellness-oriented company, or anyone who wants to help raise awareness to the fact that 2,100,000 cannot be allowed to die from AIDS every year and we cannot ignore the 11,400,000 orphans living in sub-Saharan Africa, this poster is a must-have. The cost for the 11 X 17 poster is between $1 - $2 if you go to a large retailer, but if you go to a small printer and explain why we need these posters displayed, you should be able to get a free poster.

Announcing the 2008 Kisumu, Kenya

World AIDS Marathon

World AIDS Day, December 1, 2008

Raising money this year to make the World AIDS Marathon a successful, fundraising Event is becoming extremely difficult and I am appealing to the college coaches in America to help raise money for AIDS charities and also to permit some great Kenyan runners another run to showcase their athletic prowess. We had three times as many runners participating in our run as compared to the Safari.com run a day later and their prize purse was much greater than our run. We can thank Philip for bringing plenty of runners from Eldoret who also ran off with almost all the prize money.

1,200+ people participated in 2007

The 2008 World AIDS Marathon will be the 5th World AIDS Marathon that my wife Jodi and I will be participating in. We know from experience these Events can only be successful if we have a good team on the ground in Kenya; we have a great team!

Three of the Foundation's board members, Dr. , Philip Maiyo and Alie Eleveld are Kenyan or have lived in Kenya for the past 23 years and they know how to organize these Events because they are passionate about their work. Tim is chief of HIV / AIDS research at KEMRI CDC in Kisumu, Kenya. His main work focuses on getting people tested for HIV, especially pregnant women. If the expectant mother is found to be HIV-positive, the mother and infant are given a dose of Neviripine when the infant is born. This will substantially increase the likelihood that the infant will be HIV-negative. Philip Maiyo is Secretary of the Chepkero Athletics Club and has largely been responsible for arranging for 86 Kenyan student athletes to receive athletic scholarships at American universities. Alie Eleveld has received grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for helping to provide clean drinking water for Western Kenya. We also have Betty Okero, head of the Civil Society Organization, and ph Ochieng, an athletic coach of Athletics Kenya who will serve as a race course official.

500 children participated in the Children's WalkThe 2007 World AIDS Marathon and its related Events were attended by over 1,200 people.

217 people participated in the Marathon & Half-Marathon.

350 orphans were fed at the orphan dinner

500 children participated in the Children's Walk

140 people tested for the AIDS virus

2 handicapped athletes in wheelchairs participated

Dr. Tan (left) of Australia and

Rioko (right) of Kenya

A jubilant Dr. H Tan, 's story, and Rioko after completing the 2007 Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon. NEWS ALERT December 19, 2007, Dr. H. Tan has now become the fastest person in the world to complete 7 marathons across 7 continents in 26 days, 17 hours and 43 minutes.

Special thanks to a lot of people and the power of prayer

Back in 1997 I was diagnosed with HIV and five years later in 2002, I was diagnosed with brain cancer and given only 2 - 4 years to live. I made a promise to myself and anyone else who was listening that if my life was spared I would do everything to help people who were less fortunate than me. I even visited the Nairobi Hebrew Congregation in Nairobi, Kenya and said a prayer while viewing the most beautiful stained glass window of the Burning Bush.

I would like to thank President-Elect Barack Obama; President Clinton; , former United Nations Special Envoy for HIV / AIDS in Africa; Senator Ted Kennedy; Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy; Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi; and Town of Hempstead Supervisor Kate Murray for their support for the Foundation's work which includes its annual World AIDS Marathon held in Kisumu, Kenya as well as the 5k AIDS / Cancer / Survive / Run / Walk in America. These letters can be viewed by visiting the website link, view letters. The American Medical Student Association, AMSA, has also created a story line of the Foundation's work which can be viewed by read about .

2,100,000 people need not die from AIDS every year

The foundation seeks to raise awareness that 2,100,000 people need not die from AIDS every year. The AIDS medicine and follow-up medical care must be accessible to all people living with HIV. All the AIDS medicine in the world will not help unless clean drinking water and adequate nutritious food is available. Educating people about safe sex, advising people living with HIV not to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, and to get some daily exercise-these are messages that need to reach people living with HIV. It is essential that the media broadcast stories about the 11,400,000 orphans living in sub-Saharan Africa who have lost one or both parents to AIDS. These children could have been our children if we were born in Africa. We are so blessed to be living in America even with its current problems. I promise to do my part by running marathons as long as my legs hold up, but promoting and staging these Events requires donations.

A home for orphans in Mbita, Kenya, an island in Lake , site of the 2004 World AIDS MarathonMany people have asked me over the years, 'Why did we stage the 2004 World AIDS Marathon in Kenya and why did we return to Kenya in 2006?' Considering that the national pastime of Kenya is running, Kenya seemed a logical country to host the inaugural 2004 World AIDS Marathon. The Foundation then organized a 2005 World AIDS Marathon and a Surviving and Thriving Conference at the University of Florida in Gainesville, but we were much more successful raising money when we had the World AIDS Marathon in Africa. For example, $2,000 was given to start an orphanage, see photos, for 50 - 60 orphans in Nakuru, Kenya. The project had been delayed for 18 months and that $2,000 allowed the project to proceed and today 50 - 60 orphans are cared for.

Orphan dinner for 500 children the evening before the 2006 Kisumu, Kenya World AIDS Marathon

The reason we returned to Kenya in 2006 was also based on the UN AIDS / World Health Organization report issued in March, 2006 stating that only two countries in Africa reduced the rate of new HIV cases between December 2003 - December 2005 and Kenya was one of those two countries. Considering that the World AIDS Marathon was held in December 2004 perhaps the widely attended Event had some impact on reducing the number of new HIV cases. A dvd of the 2004 World AIDS Marathon can be viewed by visiting the World AIDS Marathon website.

The Foundation donates money to various AIDS projects in Kenya, AIDS and cancer research projects in America and to organizations providing aid to people living with HIV and cancer. To make a donation to the M. Brodsky Foundation you can mail a check to the Foundation's address noted below or visit the Foundation website and click on the PayPal donate link. Alternately you can make your donation via the World AIDS Marathon website, by clicking on the Donate link. A $100 donation will entitle you or your company to have your name on the 2008 World AIDS Marathon commemorative t-shirt and a $250 donation will entitle you to a logo on the shirt. In addition, the shirt will be mailed to you. For further details about the 2008 World AIDS Marathon or to register for the World AIDS Marathon or half-marathon, click on the 'Register' link from the World AIDS Marathon website

For more info about the Foundation's mission and the World AIDS Marathon, please visit Foundation website & World AIDS Marathon website. There are some great photos of the 2007, 2006 and 2004 World AIDS Marathon which can be viewed by visiting photos 2007, photos 2006 and photos 2004.

5,700 people die from AIDS every day

6,800 people are newly infected

with the AIDS virus each day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~We are still losing the fight against AIDS. According to the November 2007 report issued by UN AIDS / World Health Organization, for every HIV-positive person worldwide who manages to begin treatment with AIDS medicine, there will be three newly infected people with the AIDS virus. Every day, on average, there are about 5,700 people dying from AIDS and 6,800 new cases of people living with the AIDS virus.

(photo, courtesy of Mike Polansky of the Greater Long Island Running Club)

Please consider making your annual contribution to the M. Brodsky Foundation as the Foundation's work has become my life's work. The foundation also sponsored its first 5k AIDS Cancer Survive Run Walk in Seaford, Long Island on June 22, 2008 and will be sponsoring another 5k Event on June 21, 2009. There are no other Presidents of Foundations who are HIV-positive and have brain cancer whose main fundraising activity consists of running marathons. But if running marathons can help raise awareness that hundreds of thousand lives can be saved each year if access to the AIDS medicine is free for people who cannot afford the AIDS medicine, then I have no choice but to continue running marathons.

We are always looking for volunteers so if you've managed to read this entire newsletter, we could really use your help. Please contact me, , at the contact information below.

M. Brodsky Foundation

1247 Mara Court

Atlantic Beach,NY 11509

Phone: (516) 770-7724 (516) 432-1254

E-Mail: M.Brodsky@...

Very Truly Yours,

Brodsky,

M. Brodsky, President of M. Brodsky Foundation

http://www.worldaidsmarathon.com marathon website

http://www.richardmbrodsky.org foundation website

http://trebloon.com book website

http://www.5kAIDScancer.com 5k run in America website

Contact Information ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~phone: 516-770-7724 or M.Brodsky@... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forward email

This email was sent to richardm.brodsky@... by richardm.brodsky@....

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

M. Brodsky Foundation | 1247 Mara Court | Atlantic Beach | NY | 11509