RemedySpot.com

Sad Death of Two Street Boys

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Tom and All,

Hello dear friend and happy to hear from you, but so deeply sad and sorry abt these tragic and heartbreaking accidents! MK (I believe) just posted to KCA a couple weeks ago an article about the very high numbers of deaths in traffic accidents of one kind or another. I do not recall if this is encouraging a movement for change, but it surely should.

I know all of us join you in mourning and sorrow, and wish each one of these dear souls "godspeed." Their lives and legacy will be remembered and hopefully memorialized by actions and change in the months and years ahead.

You say you need abt $100 in April to celebrate your 14th anniversary and also help to commemorate these two wonderful young men? Does anyone pledge support? I will help if I can...will be in touch the first week of April or before if possible.

With love, deep condolences, support, and blessings always, Janet

Sad Death of Two street boys

It is sad that two boys who first met with me while I was looking for the street children in Kisumu died in two different road accidents.

Fredrick Omondi Ongongo died early this year in a motorcycle accident near Ahero. I met Fred in April 1998 in Kisumu streets took him to my home and live with him up to the time he did his class 8. He did not go to high school but never went to the streets. I visited me several times to consult on issues. Then I lost him for sometimes only to hear that he died in a road accident.

Koti Kademi were the first who volunteered to come out of the streets but was not able to pick up in class so he dropped but mentioned his contact with me till the time he died. He called me over the phone one time at 1.00 am and gave me about 5 street boys I had known to talk to.

He was knocked down by a lorry in Kisumu a bout 2 weeks ago.

I was not able to attend his funeral because I am in class but I plan to visit these two graves over the April holidays.

Since Nazareth Children's Home a project of Lake Fellowship Centre will be 14 years old this April I want to send an appeal to those who can support me with balls, whistles and little food for the children to come in and support since I will go out for one day a week (Mondays at 1:00 pm) to Kisumu for 4 weeks in honor of these two friends and as celebration of our 14th Anniversary.

What we need: Two ball KSH 3000, 2 Whistles KSH 300, Food KSH 4000

Kindly email me at tomokeyo@... for more information or call 0733792940 or Mpesa 0717989877

Otherwise thanks alot

Tom Obiero

Guest guest

Dear Tom and All,

Hello dear friend and happy to hear from you, but so deeply sad and sorry abt these tragic and heartbreaking accidents! MK (I believe) just posted to KCA a couple weeks ago an article about the very high numbers of deaths in traffic accidents of one kind or another. I do not recall if this is encouraging a movement for change, but it surely should.

I know all of us join you in mourning and sorrow, and wish each one of these dear souls "godspeed." Their lives and legacy will be remembered and hopefully memorialized by actions and change in the months and years ahead.

You say you need abt $100 in April to celebrate your 14th anniversary and also help to commemorate these two wonderful young men? Does anyone pledge support? I will help if I can...will be in touch the first week of April or before if possible.

It is sad that two boys who first met with me while I was looking for the street children in Kisumu died in two different road accidents.

Fredrick Omondi Ongongo died early this year in a motorcycle accident near Ahero. I met Fred in April 1998 in Kisumu streets took him to my home and live with him up to the time he did his class 8. He did not go to high school but never went to the streets. I visited me several times to consult on issues. Then I lost him for sometimes only to hear that he died in a road accident.

Koti Kademi were the first who volunteered to come out of the streets but was not able to pick up in class so he dropped but mentioned his contact with me till the time he died. He called me over the phone one time at 1.00 am and gave me about 5 street boys I had known to talk to.

I was not able to attend his funeral because I am in class but I plan to visit these two graves over the April holidays.

Since Nazareth Children's Home a project of Lake Fellowship Centre will be 14 years old this April I want to send an appeal to those who can support me with balls, whistles and little food for the children to come in and support since I will go out for one day a week (Mondays at 1:00 pm) to Kisumu for 4 weeks in honor of these two friends and as celebration of our 14th Anniversary.

Kindly email me at tomokeyo@... for more information or call 0733792940 or Mpesa 0717989877

Otherwise thanks alot

Tom Obiero

Guest guest

Pole sana we are shock about the news we pray with all who have any contact with this children living in the streets. I sorry for what happened and hope the event will be successful.Thanks for letting us know of the happenings Ouko long worked with Tom in the kisumu streets From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>Subject: Re: Sad Death of Two street boysAIDS treatments , , kca_main Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 10:03 AM

Dear Tom and All,

Otherwise thanks alot Tom Obiero

Guest guest

Pole sana we are shock about the news we pray with all who have any contact with this children living in the streets. I sorry for what happened and hope the event will be successful.Thanks for letting us know of the happenings Ouko long worked with Tom in the kisumu streets From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>Subject: Re: Sad Death of Two street boysAIDS treatments , , kca_main Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 10:03 AM

Dear Tom and All,

Otherwise thanks alot Tom Obiero

Guest guest

Thanks for the reactions. The meetings will be at

the Railways field where we used to meet with these boys, , and a

few others know this field called Bamako. I hope the Railways guys have not

made it private. I will send somebody to confirm before 2nd April

when we need to start at 2 pm.

These two boys have played a very important role in

my life in that when I first went to the streets of Kisumu I looked stranded on

how I could start the work so I looked around and could not make my contact

then I saw them and called them, I shared with them my vision to start meeting

them to make contact with other boys and they opened up so fast. We met for one

month and they are the ones who were behind the 16 boys, who were in the group,

then I took 5 boys who volunteered to live the streets and they were with me.

They gave me experience in life that none has given me. Just imagine you walk

with 5 street boys into your home, you live in the same house, they cook for

you, you try to make them behave as the society want. It was trial and error

but this brought the birth of Nazareth Children’s Home since a donor came to

visit us and saw the vision and bought a 12 acre land for us. www.lakecentre.org

Otherwise thanks a lot

Tom Obiero

Guest guest

Thanks for the reactions. The meetings will be at

the Railways field where we used to meet with these boys, , and a

few others know this field called Bamako. I hope the Railways guys have not

made it private. I will send somebody to confirm before 2nd April

when we need to start at 2 pm.

These two boys have played a very important role in

my life in that when I first went to the streets of Kisumu I looked stranded on

how I could start the work so I looked around and could not make my contact

then I saw them and called them, I shared with them my vision to start meeting

them to make contact with other boys and they opened up so fast. We met for one

month and they are the ones who were behind the 16 boys, who were in the group,

then I took 5 boys who volunteered to live the streets and they were with me.

They gave me experience in life that none has given me. Just imagine you walk

with 5 street boys into your home, you live in the same house, they cook for

you, you try to make them behave as the society want. It was trial and error

but this brought the birth of Nazareth Children’s Home since a donor came to

visit us and saw the vision and bought a 12 acre land for us. www.lakecentre.org

Otherwise thanks a lot

Tom Obiero