RemedySpot.com

Re: Amber iis having surgery today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Will do!

Dawn,

Mom to 1 DS

In a message dated 1/11/2008 8:55:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ps1272000@... writes:

Carol P's Amber is having her tonsils out today, so lets keep her in our prayers. :-)

Carol in IL

AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me.

Join our Down Syndrome information group -

Down Syndrome Treatment/

Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Thank you Carol Your prayers helped . Amber did an Awesome Job !!! She is sleeping at the moment allowing me some free time. She is acting like nothing ever happened. I am sure after the pain meds. etc.... wear off she may slow down some. The doctor said her tonsils and adenoids were huge. So we are hoping for some good results after this. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. God is good. Carol P.Carol in IL <ps1272000@...> wrote: Carol P's Amber is having her tonsils out today, so lets keep her in our prayers. :-) Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF,

AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I am SO happy to hear that!!Someone, Tina?, said not to let the pain meds ever wear off for 24 ( 48?) hours. So give the tylonol right on time very 4 hours, including during the night.Least, that's what I heard. Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic----- Original Message ----From: iammamapie <iammamapie@...>Down Syndrome Treatment Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 4:36:59 PMSubject: Re: Amber iis having surgery today

Thank you Carol Your prayers helped . Amber did an Awesome Job !!! She is sleeping at the moment allowing me some free time. She is acting like nothing ever happened. I am sure after the pain meds. etc.... wear off she may slow down some. The doctor said her tonsils and adenoids were huge. So we are hoping for some good results after this. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. God is good. Carol P.Carol in IL <ps1272000 (DOT) com> wrote: Carol P's Amber is having her tonsils out today, so lets keep her in our prayers. :-) Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF,

AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - http://health. groups.. com/group/ DownSyndromeInfo Exchange/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace. com/vennamusic Never miss

a thing. Make your homepage. Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Yes, keep the pain meds going for 48 hrs, that will really help Amber. Bella was

great, but the 2nd day she got one of her pain meds late and you could tell. By

day three, which many say is the worst day, we never knew anything was wrong

with Bella. She began to eat everything then and was completely back to her

usually self. Hard part was keeping her " laying low " for 7 days. By day 5-6 I

pretty much gave up, except I did make sure she did not wrestle. She loves to

get right in there with the 3 boys!

Hope Amber continues to do well! Glad to hear the surgery went well!

Caroline

Hi All:I'm new to this list.My son is having his tonsils out on Friday. I was wondering how long your children stayed in the hospital following their surgery?

Thank you, Deb BalderasH)262-372-4241C)262-951-6010Mom to Raegan 6 yrs & 3 yrs (Ds)

I did. I was up every 4 hrs. also. She either had a popsicle or juice then too. So we did really well. she is up playing today. I plan to take a nap with her today :-) Kind of tired now that it is all over . Carol PCarol in IL <ps1272000@...> wrote: I am SO happy to hear that!!Someone, Tina?, said not to let the pain meds ever wear off for 24 ( 48?) hours. So give

the tylonol right on time very 4 hours, including during the night.Least, that's what I heard. Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic Re: Amber iis having surgery today Thank you Carol Your prayers helped . Amber did an Awesome Job !!! She is sleeping at the moment allowing me some free time. She is acting like nothing ever happened. I am sure after the pain meds. etc.... wear off she may slow down some. The doctor said her tonsils and adenoids were huge. So we are hoping for some good results after this. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. God is good. Carol P.Carol in IL <ps1272000 (DOT) com> wrote: Carol P's Amber is having her tonsils out today, so lets keep her in our prayers. :-) Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7

with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - http://health. groups.. com/group/ DownSyndromeInfo Exchange/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace. com/vennamusic Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie

Glad shes doing so well. It is much easier to keep them out of pain, then to get them out of pain once they are in it.

Good idea on the rest when she is thing. Take care of you too!

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Hugs,

Jules

Romero

Mom to 9

Chromosomally Enhanced

-- Re: Amber iis having surgery today

I did. I was up every 4 hrs. also.

She either had a popsicle or juice then too.

So we did really well. she is up playing today.

I plan to take a nap with her today :-)

Kind of tired now that it is all over .

Carol PCarol in IL <ps1272000 > wrote:

I am SO happy to hear that!!Someone, Tina?, said not to let the pain meds ever wear off for 24 ( 48?) hours. So give the tylonol right on time very 4 hours, including during the night.Least, that's what I heard.

Carol in IL

AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me.

Down Syndrome Treatment/

Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Thank you Carol

Your prayers helped .

Amber did an Awesome Job !!! She is sleeping at the moment allowing me some free time. She is acting like nothing ever happened. I am sure after the pain meds. etc....

wear off she may slow down some. The doctor said her tonsils and adenoids were huge.

So we are hoping for some good results after this.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. God is good.

Carol P.Carol in IL <ps1272000 (DOT) com> wrote:

Carol P's Amber is having her tonsils out today, so lets keep her in our prayers. :-)

Carol in IL

http://health. groups.. com/group/ DownSyndromeInfo Exchange/

Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace. com/vennamusic

Hugs, Carol P.

AIM iammamapie

Giga iammamapie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hugs, Carol P.

AIM iammamapie

Giga iammamapie

Well, first, I hope they are doing the laser surgery. I understand the recovery is vastly different. (One parent who had two kids with both surgery types that the one with the laser surgery was eating the same night.) That said, if he doesn't have laser, they will probably keep him overnight to keep an eye on him. Then good luck keeping him hydrated. My kiddo, at five was old enough to know it hurt to swallow, and absolutely refused even ice chips, so we had to go back into the hospital to get her rehydrated.

Mindy

Hi All:

I'm new to this list.

My son is having his tonsils out on Friday. I was wondering how long your children stayed in the hospital following their surgery?

Thank you, Deb BalderasH)262-372-4241C)262-951-6010Mom to Raegan 6 yrs & 3 yrs (Ds)

Hello and welcome!

I hope the surgery went well. Sophia is 7 and has not yet had to have

her tonsils or adenoids out. I am curious if everyone has already had

this surgery? For awhile it seemed we were headed in this direction

because of her snoring but as she has aged, she has outgrown it. My

ENT told me that the adenoids start shrinking around this age. What

is the number one reason kids with DS usually have tonsils/adenoids

removed? He also told me adenoid removal can affect speech due to

hypernasality. I didn't want to take any steps backward in the speech

arena either.

Mom to Mira, 9, and Sophia, 7, with DS