RemedySpot.com

RE: Adnoid/tonsil removal - forgot to mention

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wrote down all of Ambers vitamins and med. for the OR crew and doctors. I was told that Gingko is a blood thinner also. I did not know that. Just an FYI for anyone that does not know. Carol Piammamapie <iammamapie@...> wrote: That was one of the reasons Amber got hers out. Snoring, Very restless sleeping. Sitting up in the middle of the night. Chronic sinus infections. It is pretty painful after surgery.

Amber is on pain medicine. And we were told by the doctor today to keep her on it til the weekend. She is a the stage were the scabs will be falling off. And is painful. I can tell when her pain medicine wears off. Or is close to it. But she is sleeping alot better. Not waking up and sitting up . I did not wake her last night for pain medicine and she sleep soundly. Very nice to see. Carol P.Kathy Ratkiewicz <Kathy_Rcomcast (DOT) net> wrote: Danny is 9 ½ and still has his tonsils and adenoids. No snoring, no problems. KathyR From: Down Syndrome Treatment [mailto:Down Syndrome Treatment ] On Behalf Of Carol in ILSent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:26 AMDown Syndrome Treatment Subject: Adnoid/tonsil removal was Amber iis having surgery today Hi , is 7 and still has her adenoids and tonsils. The number one reason for removal is obstructing breathing. had a sleep study which came back normal. The recommendation is for

ALL kids with DS to have one while young. Our ENT didn't want to rush into removing them due to the speech issue as well. Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see

me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic Re: Amber iis having surgery today Hello and welcome!I hope the surgery went well. Sophia is 7 and has not yet had to have her tonsils or adenoids out. I am curious if everyone has already had this surgery? For awhile it seemed we were headed in this direction because of her snoring but as she has aged, she has outgrown it. My ENT told me that the adenoids start shrinking around this age. What is the number one reason kids with DS usually have tonsils/adenoids removed? He also told me adenoid removal can affect speech due to hypernasality. I didn't want to take any steps backward in the speech arena either.Mom to Mira, 9, and Sophia, 7, with

DS Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Hugs, Carol P. AIM iammamapie Giga iammamapie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.