RemedySpot.com

Re: Lose 1st tooth at what age?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Isabella will be 6 in April and she has not lost a tooth yet. However, all of

our children have gotten their teeth later (1st teeth between 9mo-10mo) and been

very late loosing teeth. Isabella's teeth appeared later so I am assuming she

will be late loosing them as well. I would like to know others experiences as

well.

Caroline

My daughter (who I shoudl have mentioned has Ds) got her teeth late, too, so I

didn't expect

her to lose one early! I'm also concerned because she grinds her teeth a

lot...awake & while

sleeping. The dentist said not to worry about it b/c her jaws aren't strong

enough to grind

away her teeth, but I am still very concerned about her teeth grinding. I wonder

if her loose

tooth may have something to do with that as well...

>

> Isabella will be 6 in April and she has not lost a tooth yet. However, all of

our children have

gotten their teeth later (1st teeth between 9mo-10mo) and been very late loosing

teeth.

Isabella's teeth appeared later so I am assuming she will be late loosing them

as well. I would

like to know others experiences as well.

>

> Caroline

>

My daughter Raquel lost her first teeth whem she was 6, but her dentist here in Brazil always said that to loose later is much better. I don't know...

Down Syndrome Treatment From: spritelyslp@...Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:34:34 +0000Subject: Re: Lose 1st tooth at what age?

My daughter (who I shoudl have mentioned has Ds) got her teeth late, too, so I didn't expect her to lose one early! I'm also concerned because she grinds her teeth a lot...awake & while sleeping. The dentist said not to worry about it b/c her jaws aren't strong enough to grind away her teeth, but I am still very concerned about her teeth grinding. I wonder if her loose tooth may have something to do with that as well...>> Isabella will be 6 in April and she has not lost a tooth yet. However, all of our children have gotten their teeth later (1st teeth between 9mo-10mo) and been very late loosing teeth. Isabella's teeth appeared later so I am assuming she will be late loosing them as well. I would like to know others experiences as well.> > Caroline> Conheça já o Windows Live Spaces, o site de relacionamentos do Messenger! Crie já o seu!

Freddie is 6 1/2. He has yet to have a lose tooth. His

teeth came in at appropriate times. He is missing his

two front incisors (10-16 month) and no buds appear in

his X-rays.

nna

mommy to Freddie 6 yrs

Full Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good thing!!!)

--- spritelyslp <spritelyslp@...> wrote:

> Hi everybody!

>

> I have a quick question. Around what age do children

> begin to lose their first tooth? My 4 y.o.

> daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in

> about a month, but I'm concerned it is too

> early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but

> thought I would find out what

> experiences others have had.

>

> Thanks for any input!

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

My son is 26 and he still has 1 baby tooth.Freddies Mommy <freddie5smommy@...> wrote: Freddie is 6 1/2. He has yet to have a lose tooth. Histeeth came in at appropriate times. He is missing histwo front incisors (10-16 month) and no buds appear inhis X-rays.nnamommy to Freddie 6 yrsFull Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good thing!!!) --- spritelyslp <spritelyslp > wrote:> Hi everybody!> > I have a quick question.

Around what age do children> begin to lose their first tooth? My 4 y.o. > daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in> about a month, but I'm concerned it is too > early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but> thought I would find out what > experiences others have had.> > Thanks for any input!> > > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I don't have DS but I kept a baby tooth until age 38 and only had to have it removed because when I bit done on a carrot, it broke in half. Never got any money from the tooth fairy either. My youngest with DS is only 19 months old and my 5 year old is Trisomy 10q and has not lost a tooth yet.

My son is 26 and he still has 1 baby tooth.Freddies Mommy <freddie5smommy > wrote:

Freddie is 6 1/2. He has yet to have a lose tooth. Histeeth came in at appropriate times. He is missing histwo front incisors (10-16 month) and no buds appear inhis X-rays.nnamommy to Freddie 6 yrsFull Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good thing!!!) --- spritelyslp <spritelyslp > wrote:> Hi everybody!> > I have a quick question. Around what age do children> begin to lose their first tooth? My 4 y.o. > daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in> about a month, but I'm concerned it is too > early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but> thought I would find out what > experiences others have had.> > Thanks for any input!> > > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1222 - Release Date: 1/13/2008 12:23 PM

Well, I spoke to our pediatric dentist, and it is WNL to lose a tooth around the

age of 5. It

is typically around 6, but it is not a concern if it is a little earlier. Phew!

We are going to the

dentist again soon though just to make sure everything is still OK & for our

regular check-

up. Thanks for the input!

>

> Hi everybody!

>

> I have a quick question. Around what age do children begin to lose their first

tooth? My

4 y.o.

> daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in about a month, but I'm

concerned it is

too

> early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but thought I would find out

what

> experiences others have had.

>

> Thanks for any input!

>

>

My son Zacky 8 y/o with DS lost his first tooth at the age of 7. This seemed to me to be fairly late, but in line with our experience with (NDA) who also started losing baby teeth at about 6 1/2 to 7 years. One of Zacky's baby teeth on the bottom (eye tooth?) never did come in, but we have not had an x-ray done yet to see whether there is any sign of a permanent tooth. So far he has lost 4 baby teeth: 2 top front and 2 bottom front, and all four permanent teeth have come in (albeit crookedly!)

Eunice Gordon

mamma to Zacky and , in Milan, Italy

Freddie is 6 1/2. He has yet to have a lose tooth. Histeeth came in at appropriate times. He is missing histwo front incisors (10-16 month) and no buds appear inhis X-rays.nnamommy to Freddie 6 yrsFull Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good thing!!!) --- spritelyslp <spritelyslp > wrote:> Hi everybody!> > I have a quick question. Around what age do children> begin to lose their first tooth? My 4 y.o. > daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in> about a month, but I'm concerned it is too > early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but> thought I would find out what > experiences others have had.> > Thanks for any input!> > > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Freddie sounds like . :-)She just recently lost her first tooth right before Christmas. Oh MY GOSH... she burst her buttons over the whole deal!!! LOL Everyone at school but her has lost one, she was on top of the world with that missing tooth. Her new one is already coming in!We already know she is missing a boat load of permanent teeth. The ortho said kids with DS who are missing adult teeth , often keep their baby teeth for life. Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lose 1st tooth at what age?

Freddie is 6 1/2. He has yet to have a lose tooth. Histeeth came in at appropriate times. He is missing histwo front incisors (10-16 month) and no buds appear inhis X-rays.nnamommy to Freddie 6 yrsFull Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good thing!!!) --- spritelyslp <spritelyslp> wrote:> Hi everybody!> > I have a quick question. Around what age do children> begin to lose their first tooth? My 4 y.o. > daughter has a loose front tooth! She turns 5 in> about a month, but I'm concerned it is too > early! I'm calling our dentist tomorrow morning but> thought I would find out what > experiences others have had.> > Thanks for any input!> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. http://tools. search.. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.