RemedySpot.com

Re: PBS - Medicating children/Jane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jane....I just watched the show I told you about that came on after the medication show. It was wonderful. It's called "Today's man" by Lizzy Gottlieb who is the sister of the boy/man with Asperger's. It's on a program called Independent Lens on PBS. I hope you can find it. It is new made in 2008 and it follows this young man from 9 mo. old to 23. They had absolutely no answers for his mom when her son was a baby. By the end he is at a support group with others with Asperger's, most having only been dignosed in adulthood. it was really fascinating.

Sherry

Thank you I will see if I can find it.....we have so many things going on here in our little back yard that are just awesome with our new support group that has grown from 4 moms back in March of 07 to over 300 parents since. We have started and Autism Siblings Program, in process for a Friends and Mentor Program and soon a Circle of Support Network for our parents in different school districts to get connected as they move up the years in classrooms and new buildings....its incredible!

We are also partnering with Riley Children's Hospital here in Indy for the first DS and Autism conference to be held in March this year.

Thanks,Jane

www.hcasg.org

Re: PBS - Medicating children/Jane

Jane....I just watched the show I told you about that came on after the medication show. It was wonderful. It's called "Today's man" by Lizzy Gottlieb who is the sister of the boy/man with Asperger's. It's on a program called Independent Lens on PBS. I hope you can find it. It is new made in 2008 and it follows this young man from 9 mo. old to 23. They had absolutely no answers for his mom when her son was a baby. By the end he is at a support group with others with Asperger's, most having only been dignosed in adulthood. it was really fascinating.

Sherry