RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] Changing Minds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know what an EFA is... But what is the PC.. and Foclalin?? Is it a B vit? Is there a post heading I should look for in the archives? I would like to know more about this.

Steph ( sort of a newby)

[sPAM] Changing Minds

Martha is now on Dr. Cody's protocol. She is on focalin - 5mg. And she is on prozac - 10mg. While 's site speaks of 20-60mg, we've not needed to go that high at this time. I know Neal is on 20mg at this time. As for Methyl B12, it's not the massive amounts mentioned, only the tablets, like those sold at INI, etc. We're not on folinic acid, as it makes Martha stim. We are on 120mg of gingko, have been for almost 2 years.

What do we see? It took almost 2 years before we decided to go with the protocol. Part of the reason we opted to do it, the reports coming out of Stanford and the other institutions - the positive results with the mice. Again, prozac has been around 15-20 years and it's known the pros/cons of it. The focalin was given after we figured that we were dealing with attention issues. How was she acting in public? Like a typical 10 year old, or was she "all over the place"?

While she's only been on the protocol for 3 months, one of the biggest things we noticed - self correction. She realizes what is wrong with her writing, her knitting (on a frame), her bedmaking, etc....and she corrects it without being told. Cognitively, she is better at answering the 5 W's & H of things.

One thing is finding out and going after right now...how vital EFA's & PC is for the brain. Yes, the PC and BodyBio Balance are expensive. One hint: get your local MD, DO or chiro to get onboard and they'll get a discount...! Also, how big a role cholesterol plays in the brain.

As for the discussion on DSTNI...! :-D Yes, it's been fairly calm all things considered. But for those who were there for years, Dr. L would like to keep it primarily TNI... Not going to happen. I re-read an email from Dixie back in 1999 and she said as long as people were civil, the list was open to all subjects. So yes, there are a lot of questions being asked.

If anyone has any questions about the protocol, you're welcome to email me privately.

Tina

PC is Phosphatidylcholine....your brain is 50% this.

Focalin....a drug which affects attention deficite...they took the good "arm" from ritalin and made this.

Tina

I know what an EFA is... But what is the PC.. and Foclalin?? Is it a B vit? Is there a post heading I should look for in the archives? I would like to know more about this.

Steph ( sort of a newby)

PC is Phosphatidylcholine -

"Phosphatidylcholine

Phosphatidylcholine is a phospholipid that makes up 50% of the cell membrane. The membrane is the lining of every nerve cell that carries our signals. We are trying to heal the brain by growing new neurons and allowing them to fire. Giving PC is like bringing the bricks to the construction site when building a house. (View details)"

Focalin is an ADHD medication -

"Focalin XR

Focalin XR is an ADHD medicine that increases focus and decreases impulsiveness and hyperactivity. It is a mild stimulant. As our children improved, we became increasingly aware of their inability to attend to the tasks at hand. "

Can see more @ http://changingmindsfoundation.com/education.html

Qadoshyah

Book ~ Down Syndrome: What You CAN Dowww.gotdownsyndrome.net/Book/whatyoucandobook.html

[sPAM] Changing Minds

Martha is now on Dr. Cody's protocol. She is on focalin - 5mg. And she is on prozac - 10mg. While 's site speaks of 20-60mg, we've not needed to go that high at this time. I know Neal is on 20mg at this time. As for Methyl B12, it's not the massive amounts mentioned, only the tablets, like those sold at INI, etc. We're not on folinic acid, as it makes Martha stim. We are on 120mg of gingko, have been for almost 2 years.

What do we see? It took almost 2 years before we decided to go with the protocol. Part of the reason we opted to do it, the reports coming out of Stanford and the other institutions - the positive results with the mice. Again, prozac has been around 15-20 years and it's known the pros/cons of it. The focalin was given after we figured that we were dealing with attention issues. How was she acting in public? Like a typical 10 year old, or was she "all over the place"?

While she's only been on the protocol for 3 months, one of the biggest things we noticed - self correction. She realizes what is wrong with her writing, her knitting (on a frame), her bedmaking, etc....and she corrects it without being told. Cognitively, she is better at answering the 5 W's & H of things.

One thing is finding out and going after right now...how vital EFA's & PC is for the brain. Yes, the PC and BodyBio Balance are expensive. One hint: get your local MD, DO or chiro to get onboard and they'll get a discount...! Also, how big a role cholesterol plays in the brain.

As for the discussion on DSTNI...! :-D Yes, it's been fairly calm all things considered. But for those who were there for years, Dr. L would like to keep it primarily TNI... Not going to happen. I re-read an email from Dixie back in 1999 and she said as long as people were civil, the list was open to all subjects. So yes, there are a lot of questions being asked.

If anyone has any questions about the protocol, you're welcome to email me privately.

Tina

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM