RemedySpot.com

The missing piece to the puzzle.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After a pretty good day yesterday and her sleeping through the night, I woke up to a who looked very red in the face, had developed a sore in her mouth and was refusing to drink again, saying her juice was 'bad'. I made an apt with the Ped. In the meantime her younger brother ,ph, woke up complaining of a very sore throat, looking pretty awful and running a temp of 101.5. I offered a bowl of ice cream- she ate it. And I was pretty sure I had a dx already.Turns out I was right- she has scarlet fever, which is strep left too long. She's had it all along!!! We missed it because she never complained of her throat or mouth hurting and the Dr at the acute care never bothered to look down her throat. Since she had been exposed to the tummy flu,

that's what we thought was going on, but it was the strep making her throw up. My 20 year old had those same type of symptoms with strep years ago. He said his throat didn't hurt at all.All makes sense with hindsight!! So am letting you all know so you don't make the same mistakes I did. Both of them are on antibiotics and I am hoping this is the beginning of the end.Also the acute care Dr ordered Thorazine for her nausea! I thought that was just too weird so called Kathy R to ask if she had ever heard of such a thing- she hadn't and looked it up for me and after hearing all the side effects, I took her advice and talked to the Ped on call about it and he said not to give it to her. My ped today was very surprised that it was ordered and glad I had the sense not to give it.I tell ya- a good Ped is worth their weight in gold!!! When she gets sick over the weekend or Holiday, it can be such a pain. I thought of

making the drive to Lutheran General to see a Ped ER Dr and I should have gone with that thought, would have saved her days of being really miserable. Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.