RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM]RE: Opps Re: [SPAM] Help needed NOW/seizure?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Right.. that was what I was reading when I looked up Febrile .

But that was totally different from what our Pedi told us to " watch" for. Course the Pedi did not call it a febrile Seizure.. he just said " bringing the fever down too fast can cause seizure". SO .. is that a different KIND of seizure?

Steph

[sPAM] Help needed NOW/seizure?

Is anybody out there? anyone. is 19 and woke up vomiting. We've all been sick but got beter. She had a birthdday party last night but ate nothing different. This AM after vomiting a second time she was laying down and her eyes rolled back in her head and she started shaking uncontrollably especially on the left side. She felt boiling hot but we can never get a good axillary(?) temp on her and it's always normally low anyway. Her whole body was burning. DH put he in a room temp, slightly cool bath and her temp came down (I later read on Mayo website it wasn't necessary but it made us all feel better). She's cooler on her body, still hot forehead and vomited again after and now is sleeping, very glazed eyes when she wakes.

The doc said there's no such thing as a febrile seizure at age 19 (she never had one before). If she has another we go to the ER and in any case we're to have her evaluated by neuro for brain activity asap. We KNOW for a fact she'll be more comfortable and get better quicker in her own bed...she's also due for a period which often causes very weird reactions physically. I feel guilty cause I gave her melatonin last night about 200mg. She's taken it before with no problem but I have to blame myself for something.

Please...ANY suggestions or advice. I've always been so grateful we've not had to deal with this type of thing before. Thanks...I'll be online all day.Sherry