RemedySpot.com

]Re: PBS - Medicating children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<<The only thing I can say about the meds other than one at a time...is start our with very LOW dosages and work your way up...even if you have to divide and make them into liquid if the drug is able to do this.....my daughter is very sensitive to meds.....so we go slow...but in two years we are so much better....took us a while to get there and did not>>

Jane...we actually have started with miniscule amounts and gone extremely slow with everything we have tried with . She's 19 now and the major thing we have learned specific to her behaviors and insanity is that she has severe GI problems...Crohn's disease, IBD from throat to anus with hidden bleeding. Our meds now devoted to treating that...once we finally, after years of pushing, got the dx have helped her tremendously and - funny...she does not react badly to most of them. It just took forever to uncover the problem. Not that she doesn't still have behavioral issues; she does indeed and we're working full steam ahead on a compliance ABA (VB) program with her now. I'm kind of glad the behavioral type meds did not work for her as we would only have been masking the real problem. She's a pretty rare case and is ALWAYS the one who breaks all the rules.

I'm so happy your daughter is doing so well. Did you notice there was a show on right after the medication PBS special on HFA? I taped it but have not watched it yet. We're much more in the LFA department LOL.

Sherry