RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] FW: School Question...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I homeschool and the DH and I are currently planning to homeschool our too. This means no " preschool"

But we wanted to continue with services.. such as PT etc.

I was told that they had to provide that service of itinerate therapies since we asked for it. ( under NCLB and IDEA)

So based on what I have been told.. I would think that yes.. they have to provide the service.

Steph

[sPAM] FW: School Question...

Passing this on for a friend…any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Our school corporation in the past has provided early childhood services at various preschools in the area, however over the past few years, they have developed their own preschool program and increased the size and are no longer providing services to families who choose to place their children in other preschools. Aren't they required to provide services under the "community based" part of the IDEA? I understand that there is an increased cost with the other preschools (2-3x the cost of the tuition for the school corporation's preschool), but that shouldn't be a reason not to provide the services. Thanks for your time.

Yes they are... interesting to note that HOME is the 'least restrictive environment' for preschoolers. :-) Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.