RemedySpot.com

Re: 's Aide

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How terrible for everyone..........I will pray for her family!

Dawn,

Mom to angel 16 mos. DS

In a message dated 1/18/2008 12:24:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandra.mcelwee@... writes:

's aide passed away. I told him this morning and he's not really processing it yet. Here's the post on her Caring Bridge site by her husband. So sad, she left 7 children, the youngest age 12 who has Down syndrome, and a variety of other medical conditions leaving her in a wheel chair.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

On February 9th of 1985 at the age of 20 I made the most frightening declaration of my life: in front of my family and friends I committed to my Lord and Savior that I would “love, honor and cherish†this beautiful woman who stood at the altar with me “until death do us partâ€. We were so young – way to young to make this kind of commitment. But in our commitment to honor Christ we learned how to love and serve each other and somewhere along the way we learned what love really is.

Tonight however I discovered the ultimate expression of love – loving someone so much that you are willing to let them go even though every fiber in your body wants to hold on. In keeping with ’s very clear and expressed wishes we had a very easy decision to make after yesterday’s “eventâ€. Because always gave all that she had, please pray for the families who are going to receive the gift of life through her: that they might know the deep abiding love of God that she shared with all of us.

Being married to has been the single greatest experience of my life. Sharing our lives with you, loving and being loved by you, has been the greatest joy of our lives. Thank ALL of you for your countless prayers and wonderful encouraging notes you have shared with us – they mean more to us then you can possibly know. We thank each and everyone of you for loving us and enriching our lives through the many adventures and experiences we have shared.

In the next few days there will be many questions for all of us. We will update this site with Information regarding the celebration of ’s life.

We love you!!!

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.†He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!†(Revelation 21:1-5)

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

So sorry to hear this, it is difficult indeed for all involved.

My older daughter had a teacher die when she was in 5th grade. In talking to her in the years since, she thought the school talked about it too much. There were counselors there for a week talking to the children. I don't know your feelings about death, but from the post you sent she and her family were quite sure of her life after death. Our beliefs are similar and my daughter really didn't understand people who had no hope of an afterlife talking to her about death. Also, by 5th grade she wasn't as attached to her teacher as perhaps a younger child. Was very attached to her?

I think death is harder for us as adults than for children.

JMHO!

ette

-------------- Original message from " McElwee" <sandra.mcelwee@...>: --------------

's aide passed away. I told him this morning and he's not really processing it yet. Here's the post on her Caring Bridge site by her husband. So sad, she left 7 children, the youngest age 12 who has Down syndrome, and a variety of other medical conditions leaving her in a wheel chair.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

On February 9th of 1985 at the age of 20 I made the most frightening declaration of my life: in front of my family and friends I committed to my Lord and Savior that I would “love, honor and cherish” this beautiful woman who stood at the altar with me “until death do us part”. We were so young – way to young to make this kind of commitment. But in our commitment to honor Christ we learned how to love and serve each other and somewhere along the way we learned what love really is.

Tonight however I discovered the ultimate expression of love – loving someone so much that you are willing to let them go even though every fiber in your body wants to hold on. In keeping with ’s very clear and expressed wishes we had a very easy decision to make after yesterday’s “event”. Because always gave all that she had, please pray for the families who are going to receive the gift of life through her: that they might know the deep abiding love of God that she shared with all of us.

Being married to has been the single greatest experience of my life. Sharing our lives with you, loving and being loved by you, has been the greatest joy of our lives. Thank ALL of you for your countless prayers and wonderful encouraging notes you have shared with us – they mean more to us then you can possibly know. We thank each and everyone of you for loving us and enriching our lives through the many adventures and experiences we have shared.

In the next few days there will be many questions for all of us. We will update this site with Information regarding the celebration of ’s life.

We love you!!!

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” (Revelation 21:1-5)

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

It's kinda hard to tell with him this morning...when he gets home I'll be able to better tell what's going on in his head...the longer he thought about it this morning, the more it sunk in, and he said, "I'm going to have a horrible day with my aide because it's not Mrs. Greene." I explained that it wasn't the new aide's fault at all, and he should not take it out on her, Jesus wanted Mrs. Greene to go live with Him now and that she's in heaven and how beautiful it is there.

Ready for weird?...she had her heart attack on Sunday night...I think that is really when she died, but they kept her body alive till deciding to harvest her organs yesterday... was up in the middle of the night saying there was a ghost in his room....he's never done that before and hasen't since...I wonder if her spirit visited him?

Re: 's Aide

So sorry to hear this, it is difficult indeed for all involved.

My older daughter had a teacher die when she was in 5th grade. In talking to her in the years since, she thought the school talked about it too much. There were counselors there for a week talking to the children. I don't know your feelings about death, but from the post you sent she and her family were quite sure of her life after death. Our beliefs are similar and my daughter really didn't understand people who had no hope of an afterlife talking to her about death. Also, by 5th grade she wasn't as attached to her teacher as perhaps a younger child. Was very attached to her?

I think death is harder for us as adults than for children.

JMHO!

ette

-------------- Original message from " McElwee" <sandra.mcelwee>: --------------

On February 9th of 1985 at the age of 20 I made the most frightening declaration of my life: in front of my family and friends I committed to my Lord and Savior that I would “love, honor and cherish” this beautiful woman who stood at the altar with me “until death do us part”. We were so young – way to young to make this kind of commitment. But in our commitment to honor Christ we learned how to love and serve each other and somewhere along the way we learned what love really is.

Tonight however I discovered the ultimate expression of love – loving someone so much that you are willing to let them go even though every fiber in your body wants to hold on. In keeping with ’s very clear and expressed wishes we had a very easy decision to make after yesterday’s “event”. Because always gave all that she had, please pray for the families who are going to receive the gift of life through her: that they might know the deep abiding love of God that she shared with all of us.

We love you!!!

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” (Revelation 21:1-5)