RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] Steph- PBS - Medicating children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree.. I got the same message.. but I was floored when the one mom kept taking her son in trying to get him off a med or something.. and end up leaving with one or two more scripts for new meds or an increase.. When she was trying to get a decrease ! Not sure the doc was really listening to her. KWIM

The one doc had a good point. Patterns.. I wonder if the increase of suicides on SSRI in teens is because of the pattern of thought. IF your building new pathways with an SSRI.. and your in the same rut of thinking negative/depression.. and no one shows you the other pathway.. then maybe they are just strengthening the bad pathways. But .. Surely they thought of that.

Steph

[sPAM] PBS -> Medicating children> > > While channel surfing tonight, I accidentally came> across a PBS show called "The medicated child". I> wish> you all could have watched it and I hope to hear I> was> not the only one who caught it. Right up the alley> of> the subject matter of recent threads. Just a> plethora> of information. I got so many answers on lingering> questions. Lots of pros and cons. You can watch it> at> PBS.Org or try this link:> > >www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/medicatedchild/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_2_frontlinebrthemedicatedchild_2008-01-08> > nna> Mommy to Freddie 6 yrs> Full Inclusion Kindy (Again-But it's a good> thing!!!)> > >__________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > > > > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make your home page. http://www./r/hs