RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] OT-Strep Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What does your rash look like?

I have Psoriasis GUttate. http://www.psoriasis.org/about/psoriasis/guttate.php

I got it with strep throat two years ago ( I was 35) . My 3 yr old got strep.. and I picked it up from her. I have no idea how no one else got it. ( I also have 6 children) It tool me forever to get rid of the strep and the rash. Then I got Yeast in my breast ducts from all the antibiotics and then mastitis ( was nursing my 6 month old Sammy ( ds) ) ITs common for the rash to appear just after the strep.. so it could " look" like a antibiotic allergy.. but the rash is specific. I imagine that the docs see more antibiotic allergy than guttate. So they just assume its a pen allergy.

Light therapy helped. I did mine daily if the sun was out.. Yes .. mine was this time of the year too.. I would sit in shorts by a window and let the sun come in on me while I nursed the baby.. I also took Vit D in either sup form or fish oil. I also did loofah to get the dead skin off the parts of the rash.

As far as the docs.. My doc had heard of it.. but I went in there saying.. Doc.. I think I have Psoriasis guttate.. I did follow up with a Dermatologist.. who wanted me on two months worth of antibiotic just to make sure the strep was dead in my system. After the initial Z pak ( Zithromax) I did bypass that with his blessing pending a negitive strep test.. I was still breastfeeding and did not want baby on that much meds KWIM.

IF you think that this is it.. feel free to ask.

Steph

[sPAM] OT-Strep Question

I need some help with my own personal health issue, if possible. In August '07 I got strep, took penicillin about 10 days later developed a rash very similair to the one I had with my first strep infection 4 yrs ago. After I returned from vacation I began light therapy treatments 3x/wk. By Dec of '07 my rash was finally getting better and I get another round of strep. Yes, another rash followed about 7 days into my antibiotic. That time I was given zithromaz (sp?) becaseu the drs figured I was allergic to penicillin. It is mid Jan and my rash is beginning to get better, maybe only need about 3-4 more weeks of light therapy. However, as I sit here typing tonight my throat is beginning to hurt and I have this horrible feeling I have strep again. I am at a complete loss. I have no idea how I contracted strep any of the times, nobody in my family is or has been ill. We have no pets that are strep carries at our home. Anybody else have any insight into what could be going on? I know that it is possible for someone in your family to be a carrier, if I am recalling this correctly. Yet, to get a dr to listen to me is laughable....they all say well no kidding you have 6 kids of course you are going to get sick. Well, let me tell all of you that my youngest three children combined have only been on antibiotics 1 time in the last almost 6 years. My oldest three combined have been on no meds in the last 6 years (with the exception of my son who gets pneumonia). The only thing we may have gotten at our house is the flu. We seem to be a very healthy family, but for some reason I keep getting strep and an unbearble rash. I know many of you have lots more going on than me, God bless all of you, b/c I think if I get this rash again I am likely to be suicidal. Any ideas out there, please throw my way. All the prayers you can send my way would be aprreciated immensely!! Thanks for reading this very lengthy email!!Caroline

Steph,

This is exactly what I have and have had since the end of August '07. It has

never gone completely away b/c I keep getting strep. Funny thing, nobody else in

my family has had strep this entire time, only me. This rash is just a killer,

by now I am over what it looks like, I wear whatever the weather dictates, but

doing all the same things you have done it takes forever to leave me. I have it

from my neck all the way down to my toes. Well, thanks for the link b/c now I

know what it is called :)

Caroline

---- Carlson <scarlson1@...> wrote:

> What does your rash look like?

>

> I have Psoriasis GUttate.

http://www.psoriasis.org/about/psoriasis/guttate.php

>

> I got it with strep throat two years ago ( I was 35) . My 3 yr old got

strep.. and I picked it up from her. I have no idea how no one else got it. ( I

also have 6 children) It tool me forever to get rid of the strep and the rash.

Then I got Yeast in my breast ducts from all the antibiotics and then mastitis (

was nursing my 6 month old Sammy ( ds) ) ITs common for the rash to appear just

after the strep.. so it could " look " like a antibiotic allergy.. but the rash

is specific. I imagine that the docs see more antibiotic allergy than guttate.

So they just assume its a pen allergy.

>

> Light therapy helped. I did mine daily if the sun was out.. Yes .. mine was

this time of the year too.. I would sit in shorts by a window and let the sun

come in on me while I nursed the baby.. I also took Vit D in either sup form or

fish oil. I also did loofah to get the dead skin off the parts of the rash.

>

> As far as the docs.. My doc had heard of it.. but I went in there saying..

Doc.. I think I have Psoriasis guttate.. I did follow up with a Dermatologist..

who wanted me on two months worth of antibiotic just to make sure the strep was

dead in my system. After the initial Z pak ( Zithromax) I did bypass that with

his blessing pending a negitive strep test.. I was still breastfeeding and did

not want baby on that much meds KWIM.

>

> IF you think that this is it.. feel free to ask.

>

> Steph

>

>

> [sPAM] OT-Strep Question

>

>

> I need some help with my own personal health issue, if possible. In August

'07 I got strep, took penicillin about 10 days later developed a rash very

similair to the one I had with my first strep infection 4 yrs ago. After I

returned from vacation I began light therapy treatments 3x/wk. By Dec of '07 my

rash was finally getting better and I get another round of strep. Yes, another

rash followed about 7 days into my antibiotic. That time I was given zithromaz

(sp?) becaseu the drs figured I was allergic to penicillin. It is mid Jan and my

rash is beginning to get better, maybe only need about 3-4 more weeks of light

therapy. However, as I sit here typing tonight my throat is beginning to hurt

and I have this horrible feeling I have strep again.

>

> I am at a complete loss. I have no idea how I contracted strep any of the

times, nobody in my family is or has been ill. We have no pets that are strep

carries at our home. Anybody else have any insight into what could be going on?

I know that it is possible for someone in your family to be a carrier, if I am

recalling this correctly.

>

> Yet, to get a dr to listen to me is laughable....they all say well no

kidding you have 6 kids of course you are going to get sick. Well, let me tell

all of you that my youngest three children combined have only been on

antibiotics 1 time in the last almost 6 years. My oldest three combined have

been on no meds in the last 6 years (with the exception of my son who gets

pneumonia). The only thing we may have gotten at our house is the flu. We seem

to be a very healthy family, but for some reason I keep getting strep and an

unbearble rash. I know many of you have lots more going on than me, God bless

all of you, b/c I think if I get this rash again I am likely to be suicidal.

>

> Any ideas out there, please throw my way. All the prayers you can send my

way would be aprreciated immensely!!

>

> Thanks for reading this very lengthy email!!

>

> Caroline

>

>

>

Wow! you learn something new here everyday!!!Looks very irritating Caroline!!! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! The scarlet fever alone made want to jump out or her skin and she is blessed with a high pain tolerance. Not sure if these things will help you, but they have helped my oldest dd with her very severe eczema that nothing from the Dr could get a handle on, and also with 's lichen sclerosis- first and foremost get lots of good fats into you- esp the omega 3's :-) Evening primrose helps during a flare. The number one topical aide has to be Emu oil!!! http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/Emu-Oil-2-Oz-in-Plastic-Container-p-6.htmlBrand does matter and this is my favorite. I would get the pure oil as above and at first apply it full strength, a little goes a looooooonnnnnnnggggg way, and after it calms down I would dilute the emu with extra virgin olive oil. I am not sure what EO might also help, but I do add lavender to 's, and mine for that matter, Olive oil that I use after we get out of the bath. I have only heard of one person having any kind of adverse reaction to it, and if it doesn't help your rash, you'll still love the stuff on your face and any little skin ailment the family gets.My used to get strep a lot as a kid, and even though we homeschooled and spent a lot of time together, only once did one of the kids come down with it. Now this go around

with , almost all of us got it, but she was vomiting and we all were helping her and for an extended period. so makes senseWe also were told to disinfect everything and get rid of the toothbrushes after the antibiotics were taken for about 3 days to prevent reinfection.I hope you get some RELIEF and it doesn't flare up again. Sounds like a trip to the dermatologist might yield you some help?Carol in IL AIM doihavtasay1 GigaTribe doihavtasayMom to seven including , 7 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic----- Original Message ----From: "cjskalsky@..." <cjskalsky@...>Down Syndrome Treatment Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:42:00 AMSubject: Re: [sPAM] OT-Strep Question

Steph,

This is exactly what I have and have had since the end of August '07. It has never gone completely away b/c I keep getting strep. Funny thing, nobody else in my family has had strep this entire time, only me. This rash is just a killer, by now I am over what it looks like, I wear whatever the weather dictates, but doing all the same things you have done it takes forever to leave me. I have it from my neck all the way down to my toes. Well, thanks for the link b/c now I know what it is called :)

Caroline

-

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.