RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM]Re: OT-Strep Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes.. I was told if I did not clear up then I would have to have them all swabbed. I found out later that my daughters Occupational Therapist is a strep carrier. How my typical 3 yr old and myself got it.. and not my .. I will never know. :)

Steph

OT-Strep Question> I need some help with my own personal health issue, if possible. In August > '07 I got strep, took penicillin about 10 days later developed a rash very > similair to the one I had with my first strep infection 4 yrs ago. After I > returned from vacation I began light therapy treatments 3x/wk. By Dec of > '07 my rash was finally getting better and I get another round of strep. > Yes, another rash followed about 7 days into my antibiotic. That time I > was given zithromaz (sp?) becaseu the drs figured I was allergic to > penicillin. It is mid Jan and my rash is beginning to get better, maybe > only need about 3-4 more weeks of light therapy. However, as I sit here > typing tonight my throat is beginning to hurt and I have this horrible > feeling I have strep again.>> I am at a complete loss. I have no idea how I contracted strep any of the > times, nobody in my family is or has been ill. We have no pets that are > strep carries at our home. Anybody else have any insight into what could > be going on? I know that it is possible for someone in your family to be a > carrier, if I am recalling this correctly.>> Yet, to get a dr to listen to me is laughable....they all say well no > kidding you have 6 kids of course you are going to get sick. Well, let me > tell all of you that my youngest three children combined have only been on > antibiotics 1 time in the last almost 6 years. My oldest three combined > have been on no meds in the last 6 years (with the exception of my son who > gets pneumonia). The only thing we may have gotten at our house is the > flu. We seem to be a very healthy family, but for some reason I keep > getting strep and an unbearble rash. I know many of you have lots more > going on than me, God bless all of you, b/c I think if I get this rash > again I am likely to be suicidal.>> Any ideas out there, please throw my way. All the prayers you can send my > way would be aprreciated immensely!!>> Thanks for reading this very lengthy email!!>> Caroline>>> 1. Anything suggested on this site or opinions offered are not intended to > be medical or pharmaceutical advice or otherwise take the place of your > physicians orders, nor to diagnose or treat your specific health problems.> Please discuss all methods of treatment with your practitioner.>> 2 *****WARNING: Flames and inappropriate treatment of other members on > this list will NOT be tolerated.>> 3. Our HOME page is Down Syndrome Treatment > where all archived posts as well as photos,links, files, articles etc. are > found. You "MUST" have a ID and pass word to enter it.>> To contact Carol, owner & moderator> doihavtasaycomcast (DOT) net>> To contact Kathy, owner & moderator> kathy_rCOMCAST (DOT) NET>> To contact , owner & moderator> julescebridge (DOT) net>>

YEp.. and wash all sheets in the hottest water you can.

Steph

OT-Strep Question> I need some help with my own personal health issue, if possible. In August > '07 I got strep, took penicillin about 10 days later developed a rash very > similair to the one I had with my first strep infection 4 yrs ago. After I > returned from vacation I began light therapy treatments 3x/wk. By Dec of > '07 my rash was finally getting better and I get another round of strep. > Yes, another rash followed about 7 days into my antibiotic. That time I > was given zithromaz (sp?) becaseu the drs figured I was allergic to > penicillin. It is mid Jan and my rash is beginning to get better, maybe > only need about 3-4 more weeks of light therapy. However, as I sit here > typing tonight my throat is beginning to hurt and I have this horrible > feeling I have strep again.>> I am at a complete loss. I have no idea how I contracted strep any of the > times, nobody in my family is or has been ill. We have no pets that are > strep carries at our home. Anybody else have any insight into what could > be going on? I know that it is possible for someone in your family to be a > carrier, if I am recalling this correctly.>> Yet, to get a dr to listen to me is laughable....they all say well no > kidding you have 6 kids of course you are going to get sick. Well, let me > tell all of you that my youngest three children combined have only been on > antibiotics 1 time in the last almost 6 years. My oldest three combined > have been on no meds in the last 6 years (with the exception of my son who > gets pneumonia). The only thing we may have gotten at our house is the > flu. We seem to be a very healthy family, but for some reason I keep > getting strep and an unbearble rash. I know many of you have lots more > going on than me, God bless all of you, b/c I think if I get this rash > again I am likely to be suicidal.>> Any ideas out there, please throw my way. All the prayers you can send my > way would be aprreciated immensely!!>> Thanks for reading this very lengthy email!!>> Caroline>>> 1. Anything suggested on this site or opinions offered are not intended to > be medical or pharmaceutical advice or otherwise take the place of your > physicians orders, nor to diagnose or treat your specific health problems.> Please discuss all methods of treatment with your practitioner.>> 2 *****WARNING: Flames and inappropriate treatment of other members on > this list will NOT be tolerated.>> 3. Our HOME page is Down Syndrome Treatment > where all archived posts as well as photos,links, files, articles etc. are > found. You "MUST" have a ID and pass word to enter it.>> To contact Carol, owner & moderator> doihavtasaycomcast (DOT) net>> To contact Kathy, owner & moderator> kathy_rCOMCAST (DOT) NET>> To contact , owner & moderator> julescebridge (DOT) net>>