RemedySpot.com

FW: Suzanne Somers: How Doctors Used Stem Cell Technology to Rebuild My Breast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FYI.  See below ***Bob HurtContact: Email bh f    t • Blogs: 1 2 3 • Law: E-letter Subscribe Donate Learn2460 Persian Drive #70, Clearwater, Florida 33763 • 727 669 5511 *** From: Tom Roper Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:13 PMSubject: Suzanne Somers: How Doctors Used Stem Cell Technology to Rebuild My Breast http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/headline_health/Somers_stem_cell_breast/2012/02/02/431572.html?s=al & promo_code=E1A7-1 In an exclusive video interview with Newsmax Health, Suzanne details how she was able to work with doctors at Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital and federal officials to gain approval to become the first woman in America to undergo the pioneering technique.“It’s the most incredible advancement in breast cancer treatment that I am aware of,†she says.The procedure itself is enormously complex, but Suzanne explains the key elements of the technique.“Here’s my layman's interpretation,†she says. “They took fat from my stomach – boo hoo! – they took that fat and in a highly technical piece of machinery….whipped the stem cells out.â€By separating out the stem cells, doctors could “clean†them and identify the strongest cells, and discard the weakest ones, she says.“So it was like the fat was just rich with those [strongest] stem cells,†Suzanne explains. “And then, again in layman’s terms, they took something that looked to me like a turkey baster and in the bottom of this breast they kept injecting, injecting, injecting this fat-and-stem-cell solution until it blew up to be the same size as the other one.â€Today, she says her new breast is very much like the one she had before her cancer.“It’s beautiful, it’s soft, it has full feeling. It’s all me,†she notes. “And there’s no foreign object, and there’s no scar.â€Somers says she felt it was important for her to undergo the procedure not just for herself, but to help other women with breast cancer in this country.“I am the first woman to legally regrow a breast in the United States, " she says. “It took me three years to get permission … with Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, to qualify me for a clinical trial with the [Food and Drug Administration].†Read more: Suzanne Somers: How Doctors Used Stem Cell Technology to Rebuild My Breast