Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:55 PM

dudleydelany@...

Subject: A Cancer Anniversary Story from Best Answer for Cancer Foundation

Having trouble viewing this email?

Click here

It's Friday the 13th of July, and I wanted to share an anniversary with you!

Dear Physicians, Friends, and Associates:

Today is Friday the 13th of July. For many people, Friday the 13th is considered unlucky. However, 11 years ago on another Friday the 13th of July, 2001, I was diagnosed with 'advanced-stage metastatic breast cancer' with mets to the lymph, the brain and the lungs, and told to get my affairs in order. When the doctors told me I would probably not see another birthday, I told them that God was the only one who knew when I was going to go, that everyone else just had an opinion. Armed with the idea that I had a short time to live, I decided that I would go through the rest of my life with as much of my original body parts and as much dignity as possible. I refused the recommended double mastectomy, high-dose chemo and radiation. Instead, I detoxified my body,spirit, psyche, and emotions, and then built them back up. I did natural anti-cancer therapies and diet, mind-body medicine, spiritual support, exercise, and made positive lifestyle changes. After one year, I found IPT. The rest is history, as they say.Against all odds, I was alive. I had gone through cancer feeling and looking good. I watched the tumor shrink and disappear. My cancer treatments were so uneventful that they became 'just another doctor's appointment'. I knew I had to share my journey to help others. My commitment to IPT was also in my heart: such a wonderful alternative to high-dose chemo had to become a viable option in cancer care! Patients had to be able to find qualified IPT physicians so that they could experience the benefits of targeted low-dose chemo. With my diagnosis 11 years ago, I began what I have come to see as the most amazing adventure in my life: the journey toward health and healing! The cancer changed my life; indeed, I believe that it gave me a life I could never have imagined. I have lived more fully, loved more deeply, and experienced great joy and wonder. I'm grateful for every day, and I absolutely love every birthday. What I have done and am doing with Best Answer for Cancer Foundation allows me to give back in the hope that every cancer patient has the option to experience "thriving while surviving". Some of our physician members call me The Living Proof, and I humbly accept this function as an example to other patients of the possibilities available to them if they choose an integrative, whole-being approach to cancer.I am proud to know and work with each of you, and I want cancer patients to know you and to receive the excellent level of care that you all give so generously. For those of you whom I have not yet met, please know that I look forward to the day we meet at one of our conferences or Think Tanks.

Sincerely,

Annie Brandt

Founder and Executive Director

Annie Brandt

8127 Mesa Dr, B-206, #243

Austin, Texas 78759 USA512-342-8181

Forward this email

This email was sent to dudleydelany@... by annie@... |

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Best Answer for Cancer Foundation | 8127 Mesa Dr, B-206, #243 | Austin | TX | 78759