RemedySpot.com

re: do you need help..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Just wanted to add that Tia was 9 when she had her manometry done. She did not have any sedation. The doctors were shocked at how well she did and how quickly they were able to complete the test. (No one was more shocked than me. I thought for sure they were going to come and tell me they had to sedate her to complete the test.) So,there was a chance that they would have sedated her. The doctor said the test wouldn't be as accurate and was not perferred to do under sedation but, if necessary they would. Seattle Children's Hospital is a teaching hospital, she had about 20 interns at her door the next morning getting information about achalasia, they all wanted to get the scoop. I was overwhelmed by the size of the group. They all told me that she was the "talk of the hospital" for being so brave during her test. Was I ever proud!

Tonia wrote:> They did give some kind of a relaxer like valium ...I remember hearing hear that a few people have had some kind of sedation. I don't remember if they were all children or not

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.