RemedySpot.com

New yr with Achalasia.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members and fellow Achalasians

I do not post here often, but I auto receive all the messages and follow up on the activity in the group. There is a lot of useful information and support in this group, and above all support amongst the members, which I think is superb!

I have had Achalasia now for 4 years, and I have been diagnosed for 1 year. I have a hubby and 3 children and I come from Norway. Id like to talk about something that probably does not get as much attention as I think it should, when it comes to Achalasia and other healt issues aswell- how important it is to diminish stress, mental turbulations and keep your life and relations peaceful and loving.

I have experienced, that when actively trying to achieve a stressless, peaceful life with a focus on harmony, with myself, my family-relations, work-relations and others, it also helps my Achalasia.

You might notice how I say :"MY Achalasia" - I do so because so many occupy their mind trying to do whatever they can to "get rid of" this condition. I think there is a reason why we got Achalasia - I know it sounds weird, but I am actually trying "listen" to what my Achalasia is trying to tell me - and then hopefully when I listen, it will have no need to be present no more:

I am training myself to listen to my body and my mind, and to take time to spend quality time with myself, since you all know bundling up in internal stress is typical for this condition. Sometimes I am amazed as to how I can lie in bed at night trying to sleep, and find my body all tensed up - and when I conciously relax my muchles, I realize that ín this tense state is actually how I spend most of my days without paying attention to it.

I try to take time to do the things i love doing, I take time to be alone - in the bath.... , singing or praying. These things gives me harmony - and I know we all have these little things that make us happy. I try to give my body and my mind time to BE, and to let it follow its pace, instead of me trying to push it into a pace it will not accept being in ... quess it´s all got to do with actually loving yourself

Our lives tend to be so stressful, and who knows - maybe Achalasia is, like many other conditions - stress related. And if not stress related, it is absolutely influenced by it.

So dear friends, for this new year I wish, hope and pray that you take time to listen to your bodies, relax your minds, find peace and love and let that bring your lives and your Achalasia to a better place to be.

Love, Malla