RemedySpot.com

Specific Questions about recovery after lap heller myotomy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everybody!I have been looking at this forum for quite some time (since I was diagnosed with achalasia) and I found it so helpful in terms of both information and support. I am writing for the first time to ask specifics after the lap heller myotomy. I would like to know how fellow achalasians' expereince was with the procedure and how you think I will do afterwards. Lucky enough, I have been suffering from this condition only for 4 months or so and my brilliant doctor did good job at diagnosing it quickly. I am bad days and good days, chest pains, and regurgitation episodes, but still it seems I am doing better compared to the some of stories written here. I have been always healthy, and in mid-20's, and a graduate student (always stressed out :P) I am going to Mayo rochester in 2 weeks for the second opinion and probably heller myotomy... I couldn't find much story about mayo rochester clinic, if anyone can share the experiece, I would really appreciate it as well. Now here are my questions...For those who had the lap heller myotomy1. what is eating afterwards? liquid? soft food? how long? When were you able to start eating normal food again?2. What is the recovery time? I am seeing that at least 2 weeks in several places, but does it mean "bed rest" for 2 weeks? what is your activity level after surgery? 3. does having the heller myotomy also get rid of non-cardiac chest pain?Thank you all in advance, and I am really counting my days until the day I can eat all I want without worrying!Song from Chicago