RemedySpot.com

Ending my silence

Rate this topic

Guest guest

and I have a similar history going back over 25 years. We both had our myotomies performed as open surgeries after years of suffering from achalsia and prior to the acceptance of the laparascopic technique as the preferred method. Until recently, neither of us had any significant reason to have any additional surgical intervention. Shortly after I was literally ordered to have an esophagectomy I had the great pleasure to have a meetup with (1 1/2 years ago). While I had already been greatly impressed with her from her Board posts showing her to be a compassionate person and a great role model to the newbies on our Board, I was even more impressed in our

meeting when I observed what a strong person she was, not just in how she dealt with achalasia, but how she had lived her entire life. was a very self-assured confident person who knew what she wanted and how to get things done, but always made the time to help others. While I thought I was pretty good at getting food down, it was no contest to how well she handled her meal. Ironically, she looked upon the course of my disease at the time as possibly what she might have to face in her future. I was literally shocked when less than a year later she announced that she was going to have an -ectomy performed. While she and I differed as to whether or not I should also have an -ectomy, it did not lessen the admiration that I have always felt for her for all that she has done for so many who have passed this way looking for advice, especially for those who

had no other way to turn.

Having followed her progress, I was greatly disturbed to have read Kristi's reporting of her setback, but am grateful that we have been given the opportunity to say some prayers for her. Whether or not one believes in prayers helping, it certainly can't hurt. is a very strong person and is receiving the best of care. I am confident that she will pull through and want to join Carolyn and others to wish her the very best.

kristina and michelle

We are praying earnestly for her... and the family..

Please keep us posted. She has been such an inspiration and fellow advocate on this board. She was here when I got here 3 years ago

Carolyn

mom of Cameronkristinajohnson243 <kristinajohnson243> wrote:

Hello everybody,Things are going okay with me. I'm still in Pittsburgh. We will probably go home in the next couple of days. has had a set back. They had to re-operate today. She had a chylothorax. The surgery took 5 hours. She also had a pneumothorax on the left side now so she has two chest tubes. She is in ICU still intubated. is really having a rough time. s mom is flying out. I'm keeping in contact with jason frequently. Please keep her in your Prayers. I know she is going to be fine just a minor set back. She was doing so great and the day she was to go home the chest x-ray showed a minor collapsed lung. We need everybody praying for her so please start a prayer chain here and at your churches kristi

4-H Leader extraordinaire!

All-Star Advisor to the most awesome

kids of Amador County!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi - It was so nice to see a post from you.I hope your

getting better day by day. Sure miss your not posting as much, as

you have been a big help on this board as well to all of us.

Prayers going out to and to you for a speedy

recovery.

Take care- Tonia in VA

> Hello everybody,

> Things are going okay with me. I'm still in Pittsburgh. We will

probably go home in the next

> couple of days. has had a set back. They had to re-

operate today. She had a

> chylothorax. The surgery took 5 hours. She also had a pneumothorax

on the left side now so

> she has two chest tubes. She is in ICU still intubated. is

really having a rough time.

> s mom is flying out. I'm keeping in contact with jason

frequently. Please keep her in

> your Prayers. I know she is going to be fine just a minor set

back. She was doing so great and

> the day she was to go home the chest x-ray showed a minor

collapsed lung. We need

> everybody praying for her so please start a prayer chain here and

at your churches

>

> kristi

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 4-H Leader extraordinaire!

> All-Star Advisor to the most awesome

> kids of Amador County!

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

>