approved for SSD last year for DES and depression. We really don't

know which condition (or, was it both) he was approved for. He was

recently approved for his former employer's long term disability plan

because of depression, though, even though he provided documentation

of his DES. His psychologist has told him to contest this, because he

agrees that his primary problem is the physical one. Also, the

company limits their long term payments to 2 years for psychiatric

conditions.

By the way, may I ask, how long have you been receiving SSD?

Have they re-evaluated your case, yet? I'm just curious, because they

approved last Feb. and they say they want to re-check him this

month (haven't heard from them, yet, though).

Good luck to you with your current issues!

in Michigan

>

> Hello,

> Just wanted to say something about SSD. I do receive SSD. I'm

really not sure whether it's for the achalasia or depression since

both were the problem at the time and they didn't specify. I didn't

ask to many questions when I was accepted, afraid they'd change their

minds. [i also am one of those rare obese achalasians]. I really think

my dr. saying I was severely depressed had a lot to do with my getting

the disability. I'm on liquid antideprssant at the moment and am

hopeful for an e-ectomy soon.

> I recently had a nuclear stress test for a release for surgery

and this dr. that did the test totally skipped the achalasia part and

went straight to why I was so overweight. He was not my dr. [and will

never be] He asked me, if while they were taking my 'E' out if they

could do a gastric bypass. I thought that rather tacky of him. I know

I certainly didn't need the humiliation. I'm just like most of you and

can't keep food inside but for some reason I don't lose weight. There

are good and bad to both issues I guess.

> I think if I were trying for SSD, I would talk more about the

depression as nobody usually has a clue what your'e talking about when

you say achalasia. Hope this helps.

>

> Jeanie

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

, I've been receiving SSd for a little over a year and a half. I'm told I can get medicare in aug. That's after two years on SSD. I think they re-evaluate every 4 years. I live in montana, I don't know whether that matters since it is a government program. I tend to not ask to many questions when I get a favorable response since it doesn't happen all that often. I drove a school bus [talk about stress] for 29 years and it was considered a part time job so I couldn't go thru my employer. As for my current issues. I don't have insurance so I'm having to try to enter a study or find a rich benefactor [know any?] It seems to be coming together. If I can't find another way I will have to wait for medicare. I'm sure the ensure company would like that. Actually I do ok, but am really sick of soft foods. Something I know all on this board can identify with. I pray for all of you daily even though I don't write

often., I have had this for 35 years and still have a sense of humor which is all important, don't get bogged down in "yourself" if you can help it. Take care, Jeanielet45ride <brendacoyle@...> wrote: Jeanie,I can agree with your comments about SSD. My husband, , wasapproved for SSD last year for DES and depression. We really don'tknow which condition (or, was it both) he was approved for. He wasrecently approved for his former employer's long term disability planbecause of

depression, though, even though he provided documentationof his DES. His psychologist has told him to contest this, because heagrees that his primary problem is the physical one. Also, thecompany limits their long term payments to 2 years for psychiatricconditions. By the way, may I ask, how long have you been receiving SSD? Have they re-evaluated your case, yet? I'm just curious, because theyapproved last Feb. and they say they want to re-check him thismonth (haven't heard from them, yet, though). Good luck to you with your current issues! in Michigan>> Hello,> Just wanted to say something about SSD. I do receive SSD. I'mreally not sure whether it's for the achalasia or depression sinceboth were the problem at the time and they didn't

specify. I didn'task to many questions when I was accepted, afraid they'd change theirminds. [i also am one of those rare obese achalasians]. I really thinkmy dr. saying I was severely depressed had a lot to do with my gettingthe disability. I'm on liquid antideprssant at the moment and amhopeful for an e-ectomy soon.> I recently had a nuclear stress test for a release for surgeryand this dr. that did the test totally skipped the achalasia part andwent straight to why I was so overweight. He was not my dr. [and willnever be] He asked me, if while they were taking my 'E' out if theycould do a gastric bypass. I thought that rather tacky of him. I knowI certainly didn't need the humiliation. I'm just like most of you andcan't keep food inside but for some reason I don't lose weight. Thereare good and bad to both issues I guess.> I think if I were trying for SSD, I would talk more about thedepression as

nobody usually has a clue what your'e talking about whenyou say achalasia. Hope this helps.> > Jeanie> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.