RemedySpot.com

Re: Normal esophagous?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I started having symptoms 1998 and food went relatively smoothly until July of 2007, lost no weight, had very few spasms, then from July 2007 until surgery Dec. 5, 2007, had a rough time of getting anything down. I don't think there is a definate time line, everybody progresses differently. My "E" was stretched and beginning to have a crook in it. So take it easy and keep a close watch on it. It is the same way with stretching, it helps some and others it don't. From what I have learned about this stuff, there is no set pattern that fits everyone. Millie - VA chrisk5555 <chrisk5555@...> wrote: I've had A symptoms for 10 years, but was only diagnosed last year. Although I have all the classic symptoms: spasms, dysphasia, etc., the diagnosis was difficult because my esophagous is only slightly stretched out. It is basically normal. But the esophogeal sphincter is severely narrow as in classic A. So I can still sort of force the food with water through the narrow channel. Most if the time. Pills are out of the question though.My blessing is that food doesn't sit in my esophagous, as long as I swallow enough water.My symptoms are manageable now. Eating can be a struggle and exhausting, but there is some food I can swallow (with lots of water) and enjoy.Anybody have this experience? And how long were you able to manage your symptoms

before having surgery. Any advice. Thanks, Chris

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.