RemedySpot.com

concerning SSD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, Just wanted to say something about SSD. I do receive SSD. I'm really not sure whether it's for the achalasia or depression since both were the problem at the time and they didn't specify. I didn't ask to many questions when I was accepted, afraid they'd change their minds. [i also am one of those rare obese achalasians]. I really think my dr. saying I was severely depressed had a lot to do with my getting the disability. I'm on liquid antideprssant at the moment and am hopeful for an e-ectomy soon. I recently had a nuclear stress test for a release for surgery and this dr. that did the test totally skipped the achalasia part and went straight to why I was so overweight. He was not my dr. [and will never be] He asked me, if while they were taking my 'E' out if they could do a gastric bypass. I thought that rather tacky of him. I know I certainly didn't need the humiliation. I'm just like most of you and can't

keep food inside but for some reason I don't lose weight. There are good and bad to both issues I guess. I think if I were trying for SSD, I would talk more about the depression as nobody usually has a clue what your'e talking about when you say achalasia. Hope this helps. Jeanie

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.