RemedySpot.com

Thank you for support

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI :

CBT works for both the obsessions and the compulsions. IN fact many docs

believe that 'Pure O' is a misnomer and that people who seem to be only

obsessional actually are carrying out many mental compulsions/rituals that

are not readily observable to an outsider. Good luck, aloha, Kathy (H)

kathyh@...

At 06:11 AM 09/23/2000 -0000, you wrote:

>Thank you to all that have responded to my diagnosis post. I am

>going to go out tomorrow and get all of the books that have been

>recommended and I am going to look into doing the behavior therapy at

>home. I can see, through all of your personal experiences, how this

>may be a very helpful and beneficial thing to do. I want to be able

>to teach my son how to live with this and make the best of it. I

>don't want it to become an excuse that he uses for the rest of his

>life.

>

>So I will get the books, do the reading, and go to the psychiatrist.

>And then I am sure that I will be back with a whole lot more

>questions. I am hoping that the books give some very good examples

>of how to do this therapy. I have no idea what to do.

>

>One question I have for you all is this~

>By doing one of the questionnaires that was sent home with us I would

>have to say that my son is much more obsessive than compulsive. He

>scored a 16 on the obs. and a 10 on the compulsive. Will CBT work

>for this?

>

>Anyway, thank you again and if anyone has anymore thoughts on some

>good reading I would really appreciate it!!!!

>

>Sincerely~

>

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write back regarding Tia's experience at school. When Tia and I sent the letter, we jokingly said, "Tonia and Maggie will definitely be having something to say about this". They have become cyber Auntie and G'ma to Tia. And of course, they felt the anger of the situation just as much as I did. I was in a training on Friday when my mom called me to tell me about the situation. I was so mad I could hardly sit in my chair. My co-workers seemed to understand my frusteration but it just wasn't the same as telling all of you.

I did email her regular teacher to request a meeting. While I am there I will make an appt. with the principal. I want to see how her regular teacher handles this situation. If I don't feel confident in her guarantee that this won't happen again then I will discuss that (along with the substitute complaint) with the principal too.

My husband and I do feel it's time for a medical alert braclet. And I am working on a credit card size letter for Tia to have with her. Thank you all for the great ideas. Hopefully, the teacher and principal will respect that I'm going to them with ideas and plans rather than just going to rant and scream that something was done wrong. I'll let you know how everything turns out.

I also plan on contacting her friends and getting them a little thank you gift. Tia will be in middle school next September where she will have a different teacher each hour. I will really have to be in communication with everyone there.

Thanks again,

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Give all her friends our best wishes... and how wonderful is Notan... I think I have a hunch what his "real job" is, obviously in writing poetically.

In a very Karma type way achalasia is sometimes a wonderful thing that happens to us because of the character building, learning process, and the lessons learned for compassion, doing research, and the determination to go on with life and overcome obstacles.

I just bet Tia and many of her friends will be the most compassionate and least judgemental girls in the future, especially in high school and young adulthood when those traits can be well hidden in many. No one wants achalasia and it isn't pleasant but how much self esteem those girls have for standing up for what is right and confronting authority with respect.

Sandy

>> Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write back regarding Tia's experience at school. When Tia and I sent the letter, we jokingly said, "Tonia and Maggie will definitely be having something to say about this". They have become cyber Auntie and G'ma to Tia. And of course, they felt the anger of the situation just as much as I did. I was in a training on Friday when my mom called me to tell me about the situation. I was so mad I could hardly sit in my chair. My co-workers seemed to understand my frusteration but it just wasn't the same as telling all of you. > I did email her regular teacher to request a meeting. While I am there I will make an appt. with the principal. I want to see how her regular teacher handles this situation. If I don't feel confident in her guarantee that this won't happen again then I will discuss that (along with the substitute complaint) with the principal too. > My husband and I do feel it's time for a medical alert braclet. And I am working on a credit card size letter for Tia to have with her. Thank you all for the great ideas. Hopefully, the teacher and principal will respect that I'm going to them with ideas and plans rather than just going to rant and scream that something was done wrong. I'll let you know how everything turns out. > I also plan on contacting her friends and getting them a little thank you gift. Tia will be in middle school next September where she will have a different teacher each hour. I will really have to be in communication with everyone there. > Thanks again,> > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

Sandy wrote:

" In a very Karma type way achalasia is sometimes a wonderful thing that

happens to us because of the character building, learning process, and

the lessons learned for compassion, doing research, and the

determination to go on with life and overcome obstacles. "

I agree, Sandy. Achalasia is miserable, but if you look for the good

long enough, it's hard not to find. Personally, I used to take my

health for granted. It was nice to be able to do that, but it wouldn't

be a good example to set for my children. Now that I have to work to

eat healthy, and be healthy, it's much more important to me. I believe

my daughters will see that, and hopefully learn from it.

Thanks for pointing out the silver lining. :)