B-12

Rate this topic

Guest guest

At 02:55 PM 9/2/99 -0500, you wrote:

>From: angelkat <angelkat@...>

>

>I have started giving myself B-12 shots about once a week (1cc). Does

>anyone know if I can take more? And should I use it more than once a

>week? I feel like I need a bit more than 1 cc... any suggestions?

>

>kat

>~~~~~~

KAT....

This is a tricky question. Very high doses of B-12 have been reported in

the CFIDS Chronicle as a treatment for CFIDS. However, it also detoxes

mercury...perhaps gets it stirring without releasing it from the body.

I had a friend her with CFIDS...started high dose B-12. I didn't see her

for awhile. She went downhill very badly...was a wreck when I saw her.

Spoke to another woman who had bad reaction to high B-12.

I guess I would just say I wouldn't play around with a higher dose,

myself...

Suggestion: Monitor yourself and reactions carefully. If you seem to be

reacting...stop it.

~^^V^^~

>---------------------------

Dear kat,

Go for the daily B 12 sublingual. Easier on the arm.

Best of Health!

Saul Pressman

URL: http://www.plasmafire.com

email: saul@...

Join our mailing list and learn about ozone therapy at:

/subscribe/ozonetherapy

B-12

>From: angelkat <angelkat@...>

>

>I have started giving myself B-12 shots about once a week (1cc). Does

>anyone know if I can take more? And should I use it more than once a

>week? I feel like I need a bit more than 1 cc... any suggestions?

>

>kat

>

>---------------------------

• 5 years later...

Don't forget we are talking about 2 different units of measure here for B12. 2000 mcg (micrograms) doesn't equal 2000 mg (milligrams) 1 mcg = 0.001 milligrams so 2000 mcg = 2 mg (right?) Be sure you're comparing prices for the same dose.

What is the Recommended Dietary Allowance for vitamin B12 for adults?The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) is the average daily dietary intake level that is sufficient to meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all (97 to 98 percent) healthy individuals in each life-stage and gender group (7). The 1998 RDAs for vitamin B12 (in micrograms) for adults (7) are:

Life-Stage

Men

Women

Pregnancy

Lactation

Ages 19+

2.4 mcg

2.4 mcg

All ages

2.6 mcg

2.8 mcg

Results of two national surveys, the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III-1988-91) (8) and the Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII 1994-96) (7) found that most adult men and women consume recommended amounts of vitamin B12 (6-8).

WOW! I take 2000 mcg! WAY over the RDA

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: kathy brunow [mailto:kathy-boo@...] Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 6:37 PMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: B-12

Hey the question about Vita B12 got me to looking. GNC General Nutrition has B12 120 gel tabs 1000mg $15.99. Very interesting site, they got Darn near everything.. Kathy B... www.gnu.com Oh they even have that Q10? Yeah at 70$ for 120 tabs...

Don't forget we are talking about 2 different units of measure here for B12. 2000 mcg (micrograms) doesn't equal 2000 mg (milligrams) 1 mcg = 0.001 milligrams so 2000 mcg = 2 mg (right?) Be sure you're comparing prices for the same dose.

What is the Recommended Dietary Allowance for vitamin B12 for adults?The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) is the average daily dietary intake level that is sufficient to meet the nutrient requirements of nearly all (97 to 98 percent) healthy individuals in each life-stage and gender group (7). The 1998 RDAs for vitamin B12 (in micrograms) for adults (7) are:

Life-Stage

Men

Women

Pregnancy

Lactation

Ages 19+

2.4 mcg

2.4 mcg

All ages

2.6 mcg

2.8 mcg

Results of two national surveys, the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III-1988-91) (8) and the Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII 1994-96) (7) found that most adult men and women consume recommended amounts of vitamin B12 (6-8).

WOW! I take 2000 mcg! WAY over the RDA

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: kathy brunow [mailto:kathy-boo@...] Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 6:37 PMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: B-12

Hey the question about Vita B12 got me to looking. GNC General Nutrition has B12 120 gel tabs 1000mg $15.99. Very interesting site, they got Darn near everything.. Kathy B... www.gnu.com Oh they even have that Q10? Yeah at 70$ for 120 tabs...

• 1 year later...

Who is the manufacturer for Trinsicon, is it Metagenics?

B-12

We currently are prescribing Trinsicon to our patients for B-12, does

anyone else use this? Is there any research anyone knows of that

shows other forms are better?

Thanks

Charlier, MPH,RD, LD

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

There are some concerns about vegans relying solely on multivitamins that contain only small amounts of B12 (less than about 10 µg): Herbert et al.2 (1982, USA) reported that vitamins B1, B3, C, and E, and copper and iron can damage B12. They tested 15 multivitamin preparations used daily by approximately 100 million Americans for inactive B12 analogues and all preparations contained some (6-27% of total corrinoids). Vitamin C in doses of 500 mg or more taken with meals or within one hour after a meal, may diminish B12 availability or destroy the B12.3 Many multivitamins cannot be chewed, which is important for B12 absorption in some people. That said, if a multivitamin is chewable and has 10 µg of B12 (as cyanocobalamin) or more, and taken daily, it is most likely adequate. Supplements Safety In 1988, Herbert

cautioned that large amounts of B12 may eventually be found to be harmful.4 In contrast, Hathcock & Troendle5 (1991) point out that there appears to be little or no question that B12 intakes of 500-1000 µg/day are safe. The Institute of Medicine has not set an Upper Tolerable Limit for a daily vitamin B12 intake.206 The cobalt and the cyanide contribution of 1000 µg/day of cyanocobalamin are considered toxicologically insignificant.5 People with chronic kidney failure, cyanide metabolism defects, and probably smokers should take a different form of B12. Chew or Dissolve Supplements Under the Tongue Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: Ok, two after breakfast. got you! gail <gaila@....ca> wrote: Vitamin B12 at 100mg tablets.Take two in the morning and will definately keep your blood count up.Most of us used it while on treatment or when

we are run down cause it does help with the energy. Gail -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Vickie GraySent: June 10, 2007 10:00 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Hi Vickie I don't understand why all the herbs are bad for you. Nutmeg will help you get to sleep. It takes a few hours, but works. The Oatmeal bath is to put moisture into the skin. The long hot soak will relax you and hopefully help you get to sleep. I had some Chamomile

Tea and a long hot soak in the oatmeal bath and once I got to sleep, I slept like a baby. What about Vitamin B12. and calcium. Can we take that? They are also for helping you sleep. Hugs patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yup mine is a month supply also and I don't have to get them it just happens I usually have a dr. appointment so I pick it up at same time. Pharmacy is at the hosp. where I go to G.I. Each doc is different but I was told to stay away from nutmeg and some of the other natural stuff. Oatmeal baths are great for itching don't know about sleep, I take restoril which I was prescribed. hugs...wwVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I have been trying too. I already drink as much water as I can stand. I have been reading up on sleep helps, like vitamin B 12, oatmeal baths and calcium before bedtime. Nutmeg, ground up and placed in capsules help, if you take it three to four hours before going to bed. All liver friendly. I will talk to dr. about these things though. Has anyone out there tried them? danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: I Loved The Way They Came. It Was A Full Month Of TxAnd I Didnt Have To Leave The House To Get Them. ThePart That Matters Most Now Is You Are On Your Way ToStarting Tx. It Is Not Easy But Neither Is Life. SoTake Care Of You. Leave Stress Behind, And DRINK LOTSAND LOTS OF

WATER. Dont Wait Until You Start Tx To DoThose Things. Start Now To Build Good Habits. GreatBig Hug. d--- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Maybe that is what they are doing for me. Thanks,hugs> > danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: WhenI Was On Tx, The Meds Came Straight From Shering> Not Through Pharmacies. But That Was A Few Years Ago> --- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies > <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> > Hi, Pat. I don't have answers for you. I am sure> my insurance will

pay part of it. Haven't heard,> though. My husband retired last year and I worry> about the balance of it. Being on a fixed income and> all. I'll try not to worry about all that right now.> I was told meds would come in the mail. I don't know> why as we have plenty of hospitals and pharmaciesall> around us. Guess I'll have to wait and see how itall> plays out. Just hope it doesn't keep me from doing> the things we need to do to finish relocating and to> prepare to relocate again. Awk! Hugs> > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: > Hang tough sweetie it isn't a fun roller coasterthats> for sure. I still have my trips on it ! LOL. If< BR>> insurance doesn't pay you can get it from company at> no charge if you qualify. Why so long for shipmentis> there no pharmacy there that

carries it? We had to> attend class and have a paper signed before theywould> give up the meds. Which company or which interefon> are you going to be on? I am on pegassist fromRoche,> I get my meds at the hospital pharmacy. It is no fun> playing the waiting game thats for sure, then they> tell you no stress its bad for you haa who are they> kidding?!! Wondered where you had gone to Vickie> thought you went on vacation or something. Glad to> hear from you and you are ok except for all the> waiting around. Hugs....Ww/pat> > > > Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: > Thanks, Pat. I'm so tired of all this and I haven't> even started tx yet.> > Finally got the call from my dr's nurse saying> that my psychiatrist cleared me for treatment and> there is only one more thing to

do, which won't take> long. Call my insurance company to verify coverage> then she will call the ones who will ship my meds. > Shipment will take one or two weeks then class onhow> to. I'm frustrated to no end.> > > > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> > Hi didn't know you were kicked out. I for one> am not mad and been on that ride myself on and off. > Hugs sweetie...ww/pat> > > > onelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Please don't be mad at me. I am on a roller> coaster ride with my > > nerves these days. Every step is a hurry up and do> this then wait > > type of situation. I'm getting close to the end of> it though. Can I > > come back?> > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.> Join 's user panel and lay it on us. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in> alternative vehicles.> > Visit the Auto Green Center.> >__________________________________________________________> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.>http://search./search?fr=oni_on_mail & p=summer+activities+for+kids & cs=bz> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.__________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories

at Games. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Guest guest

What?????Hillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: There are some concerns about vegans relying solely on multivitamins that contain only small amounts of B12 (less than about 10 µg): Herbert et al.2 (1982, USA) reported that vitamins B1, B3, C, and E, and copper and iron can damage B12. They tested 15 multivitamin preparations used daily by approximately 100 million Americans for inactive B12 analogues and all preparations contained some (6-27% of total

corrinoids). Vitamin C in doses of 500 mg or more taken with meals or within one hour after a meal, may diminish B12 availability or destroy the B12.3 Many multivitamins cannot be chewed, which is important for B12 absorption in some people. That said, if a multivitamin is chewable and has 10 µg of B12 (as cyanocobalamin) or more, and taken daily, it is most likely adequate. Supplements Safety In 1988, Herbert cautioned that large amounts of B12 may eventually be found to be harmful.4 In contrast, Hathcock & Troendle5 (1991) point out that there appears to be little or no question that B12 intakes of 500-1000 µg/day are safe. The Institute of Medicine has not set an Upper Tolerable Limit for a daily vitamin B12 intake.206 The cobalt and the cyanide contribution of 1000 µg/day of cyanocobalamin are considered

toxicologically insignificant.5 People with chronic kidney failure, cyanide metabolism defects, and probably smokers should take a different form of B12. Chew or Dissolve Supplements Under the Tongue Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Ok, two after breakfast. got you! gail <gaila@....ca> wrote: Vitamin B12 at 100mg tablets.Take two in the morning and will definately keep your blood count up.Most of us used it while on treatment or when we are run down cause it does help with the energy. Gail -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Vickie GraySent: June 10, 2007 10:00 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Hi Vickie I don't understand why all the herbs are bad for you. Nutmeg will help you get to sleep.

It takes a few hours, but works. The Oatmeal bath is to put moisture into the skin. The long hot soak will relax you and hopefully help you get to sleep. I had some Chamomile Tea and a long hot soak in the oatmeal bath and once I got to sleep, I slept like a baby. What about Vitamin B12. and calcium. Can we take that? They are also for helping you sleep. Hugs patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yup mine is a month supply also and I don't have to get them it just happens I usually have a dr. appointment so I pick it up at same time. Pharmacy is at the hosp. where I go to G.I. Each doc is different but I was told to stay away from nutmeg and some of the other natural stuff. Oatmeal baths are great for itching don't know about sleep,

I take restoril which I was prescribed. hugs...wwVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I have been trying too. I already drink as much water as I can stand. I have been reading up on sleep helps, like vitamin B 12, oatmeal baths and calcium before bedtime. Nutmeg, ground up and placed in capsules help, if you take it three to four hours before going to bed. All liver friendly. I will talk to dr. about these things though. Has anyone out there tried them? danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: I Loved The Way They Came. It Was A Full Month Of TxAnd I Didnt Have To Leave The House To Get Them.

ThePart That Matters Most Now Is You Are On Your Way ToStarting Tx. It Is Not Easy But Neither Is Life. SoTake Care Of You. Leave Stress Behind, And DRINK LOTSAND LOTS OF WATER. Dont Wait Until You Start Tx To DoThose Things. Start Now To Build Good Habits. GreatBig Hug. d--- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Maybe that is what they are doing for me. Thanks,hugs> > danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: WhenI Was On Tx, The Meds Came Straight From Shering> Not Through Pharmacies. But That Was A Few Years Ago> --- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies > <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> > Hi, Pat. I don't have answers for you. I am sure> my insurance will pay part of it. Haven't heard,> though. My husband retired last year and I worry> about the balance of it. Being on a fixed income and> all. I'll try not to worry about all that right now.> I was told meds would come in the mail. I don't know> why as we have plenty of hospitals and pharmaciesall> around us. Guess I'll have to wait and see how itall> plays out. Just hope it doesn't keep me from doing> the things we need to do to finish relocating and to> prepare to relocate again. Awk! Hugs> > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: > Hang tough sweetie it isn't a fun roller coasterthats> for sure. I still have my trips on it ! LOL. If< BR>> insurance doesn't pay you can get it from company at> no charge if you qualify. Why so long for shipmentis> there no pharmacy there that carries it? We had to> attend class and have a paper signed before theywould> give up the meds. Which company or which interefon> are you going to be on? I am on pegassist fromRoche,> I get my meds at the hospital pharmacy. It is no fun> playing the waiting game thats for sure, then they> tell you no stress its bad for you haa who are they> kidding?!! Wondered where you had gone to Vickie> thought you went on vacation or something. Glad to> hear from you and you are ok except for all the> waiting around. Hugs....Ww/pat>

> > > Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: > Thanks, Pat. I'm so tired of all this and I haven't> even started tx yet.> > Finally got the call from my dr's nurse saying> that my psychiatrist cleared me for treatment and> there is only one more thing to do, which won't take> long. Call my insurance company to verify coverage> then she will call the ones who will ship my meds. > Shipment will take one or two weeks then class onhow> to. I'm frustrated to no end.> > > > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> > Hi didn't know you were kicked out. I for one> am not mad and been on that ride myself on and off. > Hugs sweetie...ww/pat> > > > onelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Please don't be mad at me. I am on a roller> coaster ride with my > > nerves these days. Every step is a hurry up and do> this then wait > > type of situation. I'm getting close to the end of> it though. Can I > > come back?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.> Join 's user panel and lay it on us. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in> alternative vehicles.> > Visit the

Auto Green Center.> >__________________________________________________________> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.>http://search./search?fr=oni_on_mail & p=summer+activities+for+kids & cs=bz> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.__________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

What?????Hillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: There are some concerns about vegans relying solely on multivitamins that contain only small amounts of B12 (less than about 10 µg): Herbert et al.2 (1982, USA) reported that vitamins B1, B3, C, and E, and copper and iron can damage B12. They tested 15 multivitamin preparations used daily by approximately 100 million Americans for inactive B12 analogues and all preparations contained some (6-27% of total

corrinoids). Vitamin C in doses of 500 mg or more taken with meals or within one hour after a meal, may diminish B12 availability or destroy the B12.3 Many multivitamins cannot be chewed, which is important for B12 absorption in some people. That said, if a multivitamin is chewable and has 10 µg of B12 (as cyanocobalamin) or more, and taken daily, it is most likely adequate. Supplements Safety In 1988, Herbert cautioned that large amounts of B12 may eventually be found to be harmful.4 In contrast, Hathcock & Troendle5 (1991) point out that there appears to be little or no question that B12 intakes of 500-1000 µg/day are safe. The Institute of Medicine has not set an Upper Tolerable Limit for a daily vitamin B12 intake.206 The cobalt and the cyanide contribution of 1000 µg/day of cyanocobalamin are considered

toxicologically insignificant.5 People with chronic kidney failure, cyanide metabolism defects, and probably smokers should take a different form of B12. Chew or Dissolve Supplements Under the Tongue Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Ok, two after breakfast. got you! gail <gaila@....ca> wrote: Vitamin B12 at 100mg tablets.Take two in the morning and will definately keep your blood count up.Most of us used it while on treatment or when we are run down cause it does help with the energy. Gail -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Vickie GraySent: June 10, 2007 10:00 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Hi Vickie I don't understand why all the herbs are bad for you. Nutmeg will help you get to sleep.

It takes a few hours, but works. The Oatmeal bath is to put moisture into the skin. The long hot soak will relax you and hopefully help you get to sleep. I had some Chamomile Tea and a long hot soak in the oatmeal bath and once I got to sleep, I slept like a baby. What about Vitamin B12. and calcium. Can we take that? They are also for helping you sleep. Hugs patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yup mine is a month supply also and I don't have to get them it just happens I usually have a dr. appointment so I pick it up at same time. Pharmacy is at the hosp. where I go to G.I. Each doc is different but I was told to stay away from nutmeg and some of the other natural stuff. Oatmeal baths are great for itching don't know about sleep,

I take restoril which I was prescribed. hugs...wwVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I have been trying too. I already drink as much water as I can stand. I have been reading up on sleep helps, like vitamin B 12, oatmeal baths and calcium before bedtime. Nutmeg, ground up and placed in capsules help, if you take it three to four hours before going to bed. All liver friendly. I will talk to dr. about these things though. Has anyone out there tried them? danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: I Loved The Way They Came. It Was A Full Month Of TxAnd I Didnt Have To Leave The House To Get Them.

ThePart That Matters Most Now Is You Are On Your Way ToStarting Tx. It Is Not Easy But Neither Is Life. SoTake Care Of You. Leave Stress Behind, And DRINK LOTSAND LOTS OF WATER. Dont Wait Until You Start Tx To DoThose Things. Start Now To Build Good Habits. GreatBig Hug. d--- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Maybe that is what they are doing for me. Thanks,hugs> > danne <dannegrl2003 > wrote: WhenI Was On Tx, The Meds Came Straight From Shering> Not Through Pharmacies. But That Was A Few Years Ago> --- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies > <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> > Hi, Pat. I don't have answers for you. I am sure> my insurance will pay part of it. Haven't heard,> though. My husband retired last year and I worry> about the balance of it. Being on a fixed income and> all. I'll try not to worry about all that right now.> I was told meds would come in the mail. I don't know> why as we have plenty of hospitals and pharmaciesall> around us. Guess I'll have to wait and see how itall> plays out. Just hope it doesn't keep me from doing> the things we need to do to finish relocating and to> prepare to relocate again. Awk! Hugs> > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: > Hang tough sweetie it isn't a fun roller coasterthats> for sure. I still have my trips on it ! LOL. If< BR>> insurance doesn't pay you can get it from company at> no charge if you qualify. Why so long for shipmentis> there no pharmacy there that carries it? We had to> attend class and have a paper signed before theywould> give up the meds. Which company or which interefon> are you going to be on? I am on pegassist fromRoche,> I get my meds at the hospital pharmacy. It is no fun> playing the waiting game thats for sure, then they> tell you no stress its bad for you haa who are they> kidding?!! Wondered where you had gone to Vickie> thought you went on vacation or something. Glad to> hear from you and you are ok except for all the> waiting around. Hugs....Ww/pat>

> > > Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: > Thanks, Pat. I'm so tired of all this and I haven't> even started tx yet.> > Finally got the call from my dr's nurse saying> that my psychiatrist cleared me for treatment and> there is only one more thing to do, which won't take> long. Call my insurance company to verify coverage> then she will call the ones who will ship my meds. > Shipment will take one or two weeks then class onhow> to. I'm frustrated to no end.> > > > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> > Hi didn't know you were kicked out. I for one> am not mad and been on that ride myself on and off. > Hugs sweetie...ww/pat> > > > onelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Please don't be mad at me. I am on a roller> coaster ride with my > > nerves these days. Every step is a hurry up and do> this then wait > > type of situation. I'm getting close to the end of> it though. Can I > > come back?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.> Join 's user panel and lay it on us. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in> alternative vehicles.> > Visit the

Auto Green Center.> >__________________________________________________________> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.>http://search./search?fr=oni_on_mail & p=summer+activities+for+kids & cs=bz> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.__________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Guest guest

lol only part printed gotta find it again search b12,Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: What?????Hillbilly Tim <knoxweb1 > wrote: There are some concerns about vegans relying solely on multivitamins that contain only small amounts of B12 (less than about 10 µg): Herbert et al.2

(1982, USA) reported that vitamins B1, B3, C, and E, and copper and iron can damage B12. They tested 15 multivitamin preparations used daily by approximately 100 million Americans for inactive B12 analogues and all preparations contained some (6-27% of total corrinoids). Vitamin C in doses of 500 mg or more taken with meals or within one hour after a meal, may diminish B12 availability or destroy the B12.3 Many multivitamins cannot be chewed, which is important for B12 absorption in some people. That said, if a multivitamin is chewable and has 10 µg of B12 (as cyanocobalamin) or more, and taken daily, it is most likely adequate. Supplements Safety In 1988, Herbert cautioned that large amounts of B12 may eventually be found to be harmful.4 In contrast, Hathcock & Troendle5 (1991) point out that there appears to be little or no question that B12 intakes of

500-1000 µg/day are safe. The Institute of Medicine has not set an Upper Tolerable Limit for a daily vitamin B12 intake.206 The cobalt and the cyanide contribution of 1000 µg/day of cyanocobalamin are considered toxicologically insignificant.5 People with chronic kidney failure, cyanide metabolism defects, and probably smokers should take a different form of B12. Chew or Dissolve Supplements Under the Tongue Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Ok, two after

breakfast. got you! gail <gaila@....ca> wrote: Vitamin B12 at 100mg tablets.Take two in the morning and will definately keep your blood count up.Most of us used it while on treatment or when we are run down cause it does help with the energy. Gail -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Vickie GraySent: June 10, 2007 10:00 PMTo:

Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Hi Vickie I don't understand why all the herbs are bad for you. Nutmeg will help you get to sleep. It takes a few hours, but works. The Oatmeal bath is to put moisture into the skin. The long hot soak will relax you and hopefully help you get to sleep. I had some Chamomile Tea and a long hot soak in the oatmeal bath and once I got to sleep, I slept like a baby. What about Vitamin B12. and calcium. Can we take that? They are also for helping you sleep. Hugs patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yup mine is a month supply also and I don't have to get them it just happens I usually

have a dr. appointment so I pick it up at same time. Pharmacy is at the hosp. where I go to G.I. Each doc is different but I was told to stay away from nutmeg and some of the other natural stuff. Oatmeal baths are great for itching don't know about sleep, I take restoril which I was prescribed. hugs...wwVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I have been trying too. I already drink as much water as I can stand. I have been reading up on sleep helps, like vitamin B 12, oatmeal baths and calcium before bedtime. Nutmeg, ground up and placed in capsules help, if you take it three to four hours before going to bed. All liver friendly. I will talk to dr. about these things though. Has anyone out there tried them? danne

<dannegrl2003 > wrote: I Loved The Way They Came. It Was A Full Month Of TxAnd I Didnt Have To Leave The House To Get Them. ThePart That Matters Most Now Is You Are On Your Way ToStarting Tx. It Is Not Easy But Neither Is Life. SoTake Care Of You. Leave Stress Behind, And DRINK LOTSAND LOTS OF WATER. Dont Wait Until You Start Tx To DoThose Things. Start Now To Build Good Habits. GreatBig Hug. d--- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Maybe that is what they are doing for me. Thanks,hugs> > danne <dannegrl2003 >

wrote: WhenI Was On Tx, The Meds Came Straight From Shering> Not Through Pharmacies. But That Was A Few Years Ago> --- Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies > <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> > Hi, Pat. I don't have answers for you. I am sure> my insurance will pay part of it. Haven't heard,> though. My husband retired last year and I worry> about the balance of it. Being on a fixed income and> all. I'll try not to worry about all that right now.> I was told meds would come in the mail. I don't know> why as we have plenty of hospitals and pharmaciesall> around us. Guess I'll have to wait and see how itall> plays out. Just hope it doesn't keep me from doing> the things we need to do to finish relocating and

to> prepare to relocate again. Awk! Hugs> > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: > Hang tough sweetie it isn't a fun roller coasterthats> for sure. I still have my trips on it ! LOL. If< BR>> insurance doesn't pay you can get it from company at> no charge if you qualify. Why so long for shipmentis> there no pharmacy there that carries it? We had to> attend class and have a paper signed before theywould> give up the meds. Which company or which interefon> are you going to be on? I am on pegassist fromRoche,> I get my meds at the hospital pharmacy. It is no fun> playing the waiting game thats for sure, then they> tell you no stress its bad for you haa who are they> kidding?!! Wondered where you had gone to Vickie> thought you went on vacation or something. Glad to> hear

from you and you are ok except for all the> waiting around. Hugs....Ww/pat> > > > Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: > Thanks, Pat. I'm so tired of all this and I haven't> even started tx yet.> > Finally got the call from my dr's nurse saying> that my psychiatrist cleared me for treatment and> there is only one more thing to do, which won't take> long. Call my insurance company to verify coverage> then she will call the ones who will ship my meds. > Shipment will take one or two weeks then class onhow> to. I'm frustrated to no end.> > > > > > patricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> > Hi didn't know you were kicked out. I for one> am not mad and been on that ride myself on and off. > Hugs

sweetie...ww/pat> > > > onelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote:> Please don't be mad at me. I am on a roller> coaster ride with my > > nerves these days. Every step is a hurry up and do> this then wait > > type of situation. I'm getting close to the end of> it though. Can I > > come back?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.> Join 's user panel and lay it on us. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Park yourself in front of a world

of choices in> alternative vehicles.> > Visit the Auto Green Center.> >__________________________________________________________> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.>http://search./search?fr=oni_on_mail & p=summer+activities+for+kids & cs=bz> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.__________________________________________________________Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.http://new.toolbar./toolbar/features/mail/index.php Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit. Get

the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

• 1 year later...

ALSO READ SOMEWHERE THAT UPPING UR INTAKE OF B-12 TO THE POINT WHERE U

SMELL IT(?) KEEPS BUGS FROM BITING YOU. I'VE BEEN TAKING AN EXTRA ONE

A DAY AND IT SEEMS TO HELP. JUST A SUGGESTION. MIGHT BE WORTH

GOOGLING. CHASITY

I think you may be referring to B2. As for B12, during the peak of my remediation, I was taking 4-6, B-12 a day or 3000umg/day. The complexes I was told, did not supply what I needed. All in all, I took seperately for three months, B-1, B-2, B-5, B-6, B-12, and B-15. I have now switched to a high potency B complex since my remediation....Frito

B-12

ALSO READ SOMEWHERE THAT UPPING UR INTAKE OF B-12 TO THE POINT WHERE U SMELL IT(?) KEEPS BUGS FROM BITING YOU. I'VE BEEN TAKING AN EXTRA ONE A DAY AND IT SEEMS TO HELP. JUST A SUGGESTION. MIGHT BE WORTH GOOGLING. CHASITY

frito, i believe you are right...excuse my brainfog. Mine is the

super B complex from walgreens. Anyways, the man said a medicine man

in india, i believe, told him to take enough so that he could smell

the vitamins and the bugs wouldnt bother him. He said they left him

alone. I will hunt for that story. Just wanted to suggest since i

thought it might help someone. chasity

>

> I think you may be referring to B2.  As for B12, during the peak of

my remediation, I was taking 4-6, B-12 a day or 3000umg/day.  The

complexes I was told, did not supply what I needed.  All in all, I

took seperately for three months, B-1, B-2, B-5, B-6, B-12, and B-

15.  I have now switched to a high potency B complex since my

remediation....Frito

>

>

>

> B-12

>

>

> ALSO READ SOMEWHERE THAT UPPING UR INTAKE OF B-12 TO THE POINT

WHERE U

> SMELL IT(?) KEEPS BUGS FROM BITING YOU. I'VE BEEN TAKING AN EXTRA

ONE

> A DAY AND IT SEEMS TO HELP. JUST A SUGGESTION. MIGHT BE WORTH

> GOOGLING. CHASITY

>

I read about this too. In Kuhns ebook. Cant remember exactly.

i will look it up tomorrow.

> >

> > I think you may be referring to B2.  As for B12, during the peak

of

> my remediation, I was taking 4-6, B-12 a day or 3000umg/day.  The

> complexes I was told, did not supply what I needed.  All in all, I

> took seperately for three months, B-1, B-2, B-5, B-6, B-12, and B-

> 15.  I have now switched to a high potency B complex since my

> remediation....Frito

> >

> >

> >