RemedySpot.com

20 Amazing ways to use baking soda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This gem was forwarded to me from one of my groups. Use in good health! 20 Amazing Ways to Use Baking Soda by Maharajh Baking soda is not just for cooking - it can help you clean your houseeffectively, keep your teeth white and sparkling, and even get rid of kittybox odors! 1. MAKE YOUR OWN BAKING POWDER. To make your own baking powder, stir and sift together 2 parts of Cream of Tartar to 1 part baking soda and 1part cornstarch. 2. KITTY LITTER BOX DEODORIZER. I simply sprinkle baking powder in the bottom of the box, before adding the litter, and then mix together. Itreally absorbs odors! 3. HOUSEHOLD CLEANER. Use as you would regular powder cleanser - to clean countertops, bathrooms, chrome fixtures, etc.

4. TOOTHPASTE PARTNER. Dip toothbrush in a little water, then dip intobaking soda, to coat the brush. Add the toothpaste on top and brush as younormally do. It's just like baking soda toothpaste, but cheaper! 5. FRUIT & VEGGIE WASH. Who needs to buy expensive bottles of produce washwhen you've got baking soda on hand!? Simply sprinkle over the fruit, add alittle water to create a paste, and scrub. Rinse well, and you've gotdelicious, clean produce! 6. LAUNDRY BRIGHTENER. Add 1/2 cup to your load of laundry to help brighten clothes and increase the cleaning power of your detergent. 7. FRIDGE AND FREEZER DEODORIZER. Keep an open box in your fridge and freezer to absorb odors. 8. GENTLE FACIAL SCRUB. Yes, baking soda can be used for beauty applications as well! I take a handful of baking soda, create a paste with afew drops of water, and gently use this paste to exfoliate my face.

Rinsewell, and your skin feels soft and healthy. 9. CLEAN YOUR COFFEE MAKER. Run your coffee maker through a cycle using about 1/4 cup of baking soda instead of coffee. The baking soda andsteam make it easy to wipe it clean. 10. POTS AND PANS CLEANSER. Stubborn, stuck-on grease and grime after a bigmeal? Coat the bottom of that pan with a layer of baking soda, and justenough water to make a very thick paste. Allow to sit overnight. The nextmorning, it'll be much easier to remove the mess. 11. BBQ CLEANER. Use as above (in number 10) to clean your BBQ grills. 12. DISHWASHER ADDITIVE. Add a handful of baking soda to the bottom of your dishwasher before starting the load. It helps clean dishes, andremoves any odor from the dishwasher too. 13. POLISH STAINLESS STEEL. Polish your stainless steel utensils by rubbing with a moistened cloth and baking soda. Rinse well. 14. DRAIN CLEANER. Every week

pour 1/4 cup of baking soda down your drain, and follow with boiling hot water. It'll help keep your drainsflowing smoothly. 15. SHOE DEODORIZER. A little sprinkle in your shoes and sneakers will help absorb foot odors! 16. TOILET BOWL CLEANER. Last week I tried baking soda as a toilet bowlcleaner, and it worked very well! Sprinkle on, scrub with a good toiletbrush, and flush. Nice and sparkling. 17. EASY BATH SOAK. Add 1/2 cup to your bath water to soothe and soften yourskin. I've also tried adding a few drops of almond extract, and it makes itreally nice. (You could try adding other scents or extracts.) 18. SKIN SOOTHER. Apply a paste of baking soda and a few drops of waterdirectly to insect bites or rashes to help relieve the itchiness. 19. SUNBURN RELIEVER. Use a paste of baking soda and water to relievesunburnt skin. 20. ALL-OVER BODY SCRUB. Keep a jar of baking soda in the shower.

Sprinkleit in your hand and use all over to get skin smooth and silky!

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.