RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Organic Foods: Are They More Nutritious?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ever get any good deals on organic Florida citrus? Just wondering how those prices differ as California got hit HARD with cold weather this winter and killed most of their citrus crops.

Shari....Yeah..the deals at this market are the absolute best. It's open all year and most of it is outdoors. I have spent many Wednesdays in 20 degree weather standing outside buying produce (in the winter most of it from CA) for the week. I've gotten organic pineapples (2/$1.00), organic mangoes ($3.00 a CASE!), huge organic papayas for 75 cents, organic watermelons for $2.00 and organic honeydews for 75 cents, but rarely see organic citrus. Don't know why. Today I got regular lemons 7/$2.00...the price went up on those. Used to be $1.00. But they weren't organic.

The produce changes every week so it's always a surprise.

Gloria

************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

I too am extremely jealous Gloria!!! :) What a score!

I hate to rub it in, but I get so excited about these food buys. This is what I got there today. It is absolutely my FAVORITE place to food shop!

ALL organic with certified stickers:

3 heads romaine

Two and a half pounds of red swiss chard

3 avocados

5 big zucchini

1 cauliflower

3 lbs. of broccoli

3 cucumbers

1 pt. cherry tomatoes

1 pt. grape tomatoes

bag of mixed salad greens

TOTAL: $10.00

Gloria

************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.