RemedySpot.com

Organic Foods/market

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gloria, You realize you are going to have to tell us exactly where this market is located- address/location, town.

Barb...it's in the country outside of a tiny town called Leesport. The farmer's market is also a flea market. The whole weekly event covers acres of land. Most of the produce is outdoors under a huge open-sided section with just a roof. Open every Wed. year round. We have 5-6 good weekly farmers mkts. around here but this is the best (in my opinion). A friend of mine from Arizona came for a visit one year and I took him to this market and he was absolutely blown away. He said he had never seen anything like it or tasted tomatoes like that since he was a kid. The local farmers will be coming out to sell starting in the spring and then it gets even better. I often come home with so much food I don't know what to do with it. lol! I just can't pass up things like 15 bananas for $1.00!!!!

Last year they started having more and more organic mixed in with the regular produce. They sell everything (organic and non-organic) for the same price. They don't seem to know the difference. They'll just throw a pile of cucumbers in a bin and put 10/$1.00 on them and I will spot the certified organic stickers/labels on them (and see the organic crates they came in), but they could care less. Then we have other farmers who grow only pesticide-free/spray-free produce and put up a sign saying that. But they still sell their cucumbers 10/$1.00 for competitive reasons.

Leesport Farmers Market Inc. - Leesport, PA - AgMap

Gloria

************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Gloria, You realize you are going to have to tell us exactly where this market is located- address/location, town. We may have to do a slight detour when driving to visit kin, but it would be well worth it to see this market.

Take care.

BarbL

Re: Re: Organic Foods: Are They More Nutritious?I hate to rub it in, but I get so excited about these food buys. This is what I got there today. It is absolutely my FAVORITE place to food shop!ALL organic with certified stickers:3 heads romaineTwo and a half pounds of red swiss chard3 avocados5 big zucchini1 cauliflower3 lbs. of broccoli3 cucumbers1 pt. cherry tomatoes1 pt. grape tomatoesbag of mixed salad greensTOTAL: $10.00Gloria