RemedySpot.com

Re: Fenugreek-Milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jan this may or may not have anything to do with boosting milk in humans, but I am passing it on just in case. If a goat has very little milk, I look for several things. #1 is parasite load. The parasites cause anemia, which inhibits her ability to make milk. It takes 400 ounces of blood passing through an udder to make 1 ounce of milk, so if she is anemic and her heart is tired, she can't do a good job of circulating blood. Also she will not have the resources available in her body to do so. So we get rid of parasites and build her blood up with molasses and iron containing plants. Does who are anemic love dock - leaves, stems and seed heads.

#2 cause is not enough food, or food of the wrong kind. We feed grain to the does on top of the regular diet to increase milk production. It takes ENERGY to make milk and energy is found in grains. Complex carbs or sugars will boost it overnight in most cases, if this is the cause.

Hope this helps.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Re: Fenugreek

Suzanne, do you have specific instructions for using Fenugreek as a breastmilk booster? I found one website that has some info, but I was curious if you had anything.

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader

Guest guest

Getting enough food was my only problem

producing enough milk for my kids. It seemed like I couldn’t get enough

and was constantly hungry. I remember feeling a bit horrified about how much I

was eating, which I think is a common social stigma especially among American

women. Once I relaxed and just ate what I needed the milk came in just fine.

Also, make sure young lactating moms know they need to drink plenty of fresh

clean water.

Janet

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 12:55

PM

health

Subject: Re:

Fenugreek-Milk

Jan this may or may not

have anything to do with boosting milk in humans, but I am passing it on just

in case. If a goat has very little milk, I look for several things. #1 is

parasite load. The parasites cause anemia, which inhibits her ability to make milk.

It takes 400 ounces of blood passing through an udder to make 1 ounce of milk,

so if she is anemic and her heart is tired, she can't do a good job of

circulating blood. Also she will not have the resources available in her body

to do so. So we get rid of parasites and build her blood up with molasses and

iron containing plants. Does who are anemic love dock - leaves, stems and seed

heads.

#2 cause is not enough

food, or food of the wrong kind. We feed grain to the does on top of the

regular diet to increase milk production. It takes ENERGY to make milk and

energy is found in grains. Complex carbs or sugars will boost it overnight in

most cases, if this is the cause.

Hope this helps.

Gayla

Always Enough Ranch

Acampo, California

http://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.html

Bill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!

aeranchgmail

Re:

Fenugreek

Suzanne, do you have specific

instructions for using Fenugreek as a breastmilk booster? I found one website

that has some info, but I was curious if you had anything.

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader

Guest guest

I'm asking primarily for those moms who are working moms, have to pump at work, and are having supply issues. It's rather common because the breastpump, no matter How good it is, is just not the same as the baby nursing. I've noticed a rise in the number of moms who email/call me asking for help with their supply. I usually mention oatmeal right away (after telling them to pump more often and let the baby nurse as much as possible when they are home from work). If it seems that they need more help, then I mention Red Raspberry Leaf, Blessed Thistle, and Hops to help boost milk supply. Alfalfa, Nettles, and Fennel help also, and are known for richening milk. Liquid chlorophyl is also very good for milk supply when used with the other herbs.

Fenugreek is probably the most Widely used milk booster, but it does have side effects (can mess with the mom's blood pressure for one) and when the mom takes the amount necessary to boost her milk supply she smells like maple syrup (and her sweat is sweet... which isn't good during mosquito season. ;-) lol)

I was just curious if Suzanne (or someone else) had more information on the milk boosting properties of Fenugreek. :-)

Thanks for the replies so far!

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader

Guest guest

Jan, here is something i just ran across http://www.indiangyan.com/books/healthbooks/food_that_heal/fenugreek.shtml Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.