RemedySpot.com

Herbal substitute for ritalin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Herbal Substitute For Ritalin? Q: Can you recommend an herbal substitute for Ritalin? A: Ritalin and dexedrine are commonly prescribed medications for ADHD. To seek balance and create a more lasting solution to this problem, it is necessary to unravel the implication of chemical pollutants. Also called "sick school syndrome", ADHD is a cognitive and behavioral disorder characterized by any or all of the following: -inability to concentrate-anxiety-memory loss-mood swings-hyperactivity-restlessness and fatigue-headache The biological bases of ADHD are twofold according to an integrative medical perspective. Toxins from chemical exposures lead to neurotoxicity and decreased oxygen in the brain. This is manifest most obviously as the symptoms previously mentioned. Chemical exposures from construction, renovation, housekeeping and maintenance,

carpeting, pest control, and classroom materials (i.e. hexane from permanent markers) act as excitatory neurotoxins, reducing brain stem function. Chemical additives and preservatives in processed foods, such as Nutra Sweet and MSG, have a similar effect. The death of cells in the brain stem and reduced oxygen circulation impair learning and contribute to behavioral disturbances. Ritalin and dexedrine stimulate the brain stem in ADHD individuals, allowing them to stay focused. When taken or abused by others, these drugs have an effect like amphetamines. The other contributing factor is undetected food allergies. Sensitivities to gluten containing grains (i.e. wheat and oats) and dairy, corn, soy, nuts, and chocolate can exacerbate the problem. Excellent resources documenting the link between chemical exposures, food allergies, and hyperactivity and learning disabilities are the books by Dr. Doris Rapp (The Impossible Child and Is This Your Child?).

Look for dark under eye circles and reddened tops of the ears as telltale indicators for chemical toxicity or food allergies. Rather than apply the pharmaceutical band-aid, herbs, nutrients, and a whole foods diet can correct the underlying imbalance. It is first most important to avoid further chemical exposures. Work with the administration of your child's school to create a chemically free environment, or remove your child to safer surroundings. Eliminate allergens from the diet and monitor changes in your child's behavior and disposition. Clear chemicals in the blood, lipid soluble toxins in the brain, and increase oxygen transport with herbal therapy. Kava kava root is a Polynesian herb long used in traditional ceremonies and gatherings as a sedative and mood enhancer. Kava kava helps to moderate spirits, settle aggression, relieve tension, and promote a general feeling of well being. Lemon balm is a classic herbal nervine, or

nervous system tonic. It tones and balances central and peripheral nervous system function and is extremely nutritive to these essential systems, while providing a refreshing, cooling taste. Nettle is another nutritive tonic rich in minerals and micronutrients. Nettle works to clear heat and stagnation in the blood while balancing adrenal activity, promoting calm. Milky oat refers to the unripened seed of the wild oat plant. This is a noteworthy adaptogen, working with the body to balance hormones and chemicals. Milky oat provides basic building blocks for the synthesis of specific materials deficient in the body. With the proper biochemical balance in the brain, children are able to act and respond appropriately. Bilberry leaves are packed with a full spectrum of antioxidant phytonutrients, helping to repair and restore free radical damage caused by chemical injuries. Bilberry helps promote oxygen transport and is specific for brain

toxicity. Herbs are not a quick fix, and best results are seen through a commitment to regular, extensive use in conjunction with a healthy, unrefined diet. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Guest guest

Maybe I am not sure. I know there was a website... thats helpful huh?

No biggie I guess - just thought you might remember.

Re: Herbal substitute for ritalin

Oh wow... could it have been yerba mate?You're welcome for the article also.

Kathy <vanokatmrtc> wrote:

Thank you for this one Suzi. I am practically crazy here from dealing with 3 boys all dx ADHD - it would be so easy to slip em a Ritalin but I don't. I use alot of EOs and teas. Speaking of tea... you sent me some tea a long time ago that I loved - I had it bookmarker but recently lost my HD - do you by chance remeber what it was?

Kathy

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

Guest guest

its passion flower leaf.Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: Oh wow... could it have been yerba mate?You're welcome for the article also. Kathy <vanokat@...> wrote: Thank you for this one Suzi. I am practically crazy here from dealing with 3 boys all dx ADHD - it would be so easy to slip em a Ritalin but I don't. I use alot of EOs and teas. Speaking of tea... you sent me some tea a long time ago that I loved - I had it bookmarker but recently lost my HD - do you by chance remeber what it was? Kathy Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when. ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Guest guest

Suzi posted a post on magnesium a while back. Lack of it can aversely affect ADHD and ADD people.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Herbal Substitute For Ritalin?

Q: Can you recommend an herbal substitute for Ritalin?

A: Ritalin and dexedrine are commonly prescribed medications for ADHD. To seek balance and create a more lasting solution to this problem, it is necessary to unravel the implication of chemical pollutants. Also called "sick school syndrome", ADHD is a cognitive and behavioral disorder characterized by any or all of the following:

-inability to concentrate-anxiety-memory loss-mood swings-hyperactivity-restlessness and fatigue-headache

The biological bases of ADHD are twofold according to an integrative medical perspective. Toxins from chemical exposures lead to neurotoxicity and decreased oxygen in the brain. This is manifest most obviously as the symptoms previously mentioned. Chemical exposures from construction, renovation, housekeeping and maintenance, carpeting, pest control, and classroom materials (i.e. hexane from permanent markers) act as excitatory neurotoxins, reducing brain stem function.

Chemical additives and preservatives in processed foods, such as Nutra Sweet and MSG, have a similar effect. The death of cells in the brain stem and reduced oxygen circulation impair learning and contribute to behavioral disturbances. Ritalin and dexedrine stimulate the brain stem in ADHD individuals, allowing them to stay focused. When taken or abused by others, these drugs have an effect like amphetamines.

The other contributing factor is undetected food allergies. Sensitivities to gluten containing grains (i.e. wheat and oats) and dairy, corn, soy, nuts, and chocolate can exacerbate the problem. Excellent resources documenting the link between chemical exposures, food allergies, and hyperactivity and learning disabilities are the books by Dr. Doris Rapp (The Impossible Child and Is This Your Child?). Look for dark under eye circles and reddened tops of the ears as telltale indicators for chemical toxicity or food allergies.

Rather than apply the pharmaceutical band-aid, herbs, nutrients, and a whole foods diet can correct the underlying imbalance. It is first most important to avoid further chemical exposures. Work with the administration of your child's school to create a chemically free environment, or remove your child to safer surroundings. Eliminate allergens from the diet and monitor changes in your child's behavior and disposition. Clear chemicals in the blood, lipid soluble toxins in the brain, and increase oxygen transport with herbal therapy.

Kava kava root is a Polynesian herb long used in traditional ceremonies and gatherings as a sedative and mood enhancer. Kava kava helps to moderate spirits, settle aggression, relieve tension, and promote a general feeling of well being.

Lemon balm is a classic herbal nervine, or nervous system tonic. It tones and balances central and peripheral nervous system function and is extremely nutritive to these essential systems, while providing a refreshing, cooling taste.

Nettle is another nutritive tonic rich in minerals and micronutrients. Nettle works to clear heat and stagnation in the blood while balancing adrenal activity, promoting calm.

Milky oat refers to the unripened seed of the wild oat plant. This is a noteworthy adaptogen, working with the body to balance hormones and chemicals. Milky oat provides basic building blocks for the synthesis of specific materials deficient in the body. With the proper biochemical balance in the brain, children are able to act and respond appropriately.

Bilberry leaves are packed with a full spectrum of antioxidant phytonutrients, helping to repair and restore free radical damage caused by chemical injuries. Bilberry helps promote oxygen transport and is specific for brain toxicity.

Herbs are not a quick fix, and best results are seen through a commitment to regular, extensive use in conjunction with a healthy, unrefined diet.

Suzi

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

health/

http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/

http://360./suziesgoats

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Guest guest

you're welcome!Kathy <vanokat@...> wrote: Thats it Suzi. I remember the package. Thanks alot for taking the time to look it up. K Re: Herbal substitute for ritalin more than likely it was yerba mate http://www.yerbamatetea.com/ Kathy <vanokatmrtc> wrote: Maybe I am not sure. I know there was a website... thats helpful huh? No biggie I guess - just thought you might remember. Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck in the all-new Beta.

Guest guest

Kathy, you might also try an elimination

diet on the boys, probably this summer when school is out will be easiest. You

eliminate anything that could be an allergen and then reintroduce the foods one

at a time. Keep a little journal of any changes you see. When you look back

through the journal you will see more clearly what they are reacting to. I did

this with my oldest boy last summer and discovered that he is sensitive to

soybeans. He is autistic and it is amazing how much better he feels when he is

not exposed to foods he is allergic to.

Janet

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:07

PM

health

Subject: Re:

Thank you for this one Suzi. I am

practically crazy here from dealing with 3 boys all dx ADHD - it would be so

easy to slip em a Ritalin but I don't. I use alot of EOs and teas. Speaking of

tea... you sent me some tea a long time ago that I loved - I had it bookmarker

but recently lost my HD - do you by chance remeber what it was?

Kathy

Herbal Substitute For Ritalin?

Q: Can you recommend an herbal substitute for Ritalin?

A: Ritalin and dexedrine are commonly prescribed medications for ADHD.

To seek balance and create a more lasting solution to this problem, it is

necessary to unravel the implication of chemical pollutants. Also called

" sick school syndrome " , ADHD is a cognitive and behavioral disorder

characterized by any or all of the following:

-inability to concentrate

-anxiety

-memory loss

-mood swings

-hyperactivity

-restlessness and fatigue<SNIP>

_,_._,___