RemedySpot.com

Re: baby help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Suzi, swallowing the blood is not going to hurt her, so don't worry about that.

Try frozen popsicles (frozen fruit juice or smoothies) to entice her to get fluids in. Chamomile, Catnip, the Mints, and Ginger will help calm her tummy. Tea form in a bottle (cold, to help soothe the gums), or frozen popsicle style.

Don't worry about 1 or 2 days of not eating much. She WILL catch up, believe me. :-)

HTH~

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader & Mom of 8

Guest guest

Oh! I forgot to add that giving her a little Rescue Remedy will help her get over the shock of what she did to herself. The Chamomile & Catnip, besides being good for her tummy, will also help calm her nerves.

Signs of dehydration in a baby: skin doesn't spring back quickly when pinched, eyes start looking hollow, dark circles under the eyes, baby is listless and uninterested in her surroundings.

At this point, like I said in my other post, I wouldn't worry about dehydration. She's just freaked out. Hold her a lot, offer her the popsicles or cold teas in her bottle, and she'll mellow out.

HTH~

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader, & Mom of 8

Guest guest

Yes, you can mix those herbs together. :-)

Jan G.

La Leche League Leader, & Mom of 8

>>>Suzi, swallowing the blood is not going to hurt her, so don't worry about that.

Try frozen popsicles (frozen fruit juice or smoothies) to entice her to get fluids in. Chamomile, Catnip, the Mints, and Ginger will help calm her tummy. Tea form in a bottle (cold, to help soothe the gums), or frozen popsicle style.

Don't worry about 1 or 2 days of not eating much. She WILL catch up, believe me. :-)<<<

Guest guest

Well the slippery elm must have worked last nite as she was better this morning and did not vomit at all today.... So I made the tea and made ice cubes so the DIL had it on hand.. Thanks Jan.Jan <jgonz@...> wrote: Yes, you can mix those herbs together. :-)

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.