RemedySpot.com

Re: QUICK I need an answer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

sorry been gone... sage is a good spice.. clary sage has stomachic, anti-perspirant, and haemagogic ( Promoting a flow of blood) propertiesHeal all plants ?? Clary sage is invasive also. Suzi SV <shavig@...> wrote: Do I want some clary sage and heal all plants? Someone is offering off Freecycle and I'm not sure what they are! Thanks, Shari

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

Thanks Suzanne, I'll make sure I keep it in a pot! Here's her quote:

"I have Heal all and Clary sage............"

Guess I'll have to ask what the other plant actually is.

Shari

Guest guest

Shari, There is a "Self Heal" Plant... This could be what she is talking about... Here is what I have on that. Self-Heal is still in use in modern herbal treatment as a useful astringent for inward or outward use. An infusion of the herb, made from 1 OZ. to a pint of boiling water, and taken in doses of a wineglassful, is considered a general strengthener. Sweetened with honey, it is good for a sore and relaxed throat or ulcerated mouth, for both of which purposes it also makes a good gargle. For internal bleeding and for piles, the infusion is also used as an injection. Culpepper, explaining the name 'Self-Heal whereby when you are hurt, you may heal yourself,' tells us that: 'it is an especial herb for inward or outward wounds. Take it inwardly in syrups for inward wounds, outwardly in unguents and plasters for outward. As Self-Heal is like Bugle in form, so also in the qualities and virtues, serving for all purposes,

whereunto Bugle is applied with good success either inwardly or outwardly, for inward wounds or ulcers in the body, for bruises or falls and hurts. If it be combined with Bugle, Sanicle and other like wound herbs, it will be more effectual to wash and inject into ulcers in the parts outwardly.... It is an especial remedy for all green wounds to close the lips of them and to keep the place from further inconveniences. The juice used with oil of roses to annoint the temples and forehead is very effectual to remove the headache, and the same mixed with honey of roses cleaneth and healeth ulcers in the mouth and throat.' SV <shavig@...> wrote: Thanks Suzanne, I'll make sure I keep it in a pot!

Here's her quote: "I have Heal all and Clary sage............" Guess I'll have to ask what the other plant actually is. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

So it sounds like it would work on the daughter's incisions from her appendectomy? They don't use stitches but say to put cocoa butter on them. I'm thinking a couple of crushed up leaves of this might work.

Thanks Suzanne. These are new plants for me as is making any tinctures, salves, etc... I usually only grow the herbs I can eat!

Shari

Guest guest

Found out it is not Valerian she was talking about. It is the other one that Suzanne was mentioning. I'll stick it in a pot and see what grows.

Shari

Guest guest

all heal is http://altnature.com/gallery/healall.htmSuzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: Shari, There is a "Self Heal" Plant... This could be what she is talking about... Here is what I have on that. Self-Heal is still in use in modern herbal treatment as a useful astringent for inward or outward use. An infusion of the herb, made from 1 OZ. to a pint of boiling water, and taken in doses of a wineglassful, is considered a general strengthener. Sweetened with honey, it is good for a sore and relaxed throat or ulcerated mouth, for both of which purposes it also makes a good gargle. For internal bleeding and for piles, the infusion is also used as an injection. Culpepper, explaining the name 'Self-Heal whereby when you are hurt, you may heal yourself,' tells us that: 'it is

an especial herb for inward or outward wounds. Take it inwardly in syrups for inward wounds, outwardly in unguents and plasters for outward. As Self-Heal is like Bugle in form, so also in the qualities and virtues, serving for all purposes, whereunto Bugle is applied with good success either inwardly or outwardly, for inward wounds or ulcers in the body, for bruises or falls and hurts. If it be combined with Bugle, Sanicle and other like wound herbs, it will be more effectual to wash and inject into ulcers in the parts outwardly.... It is an especial remedy for all green wounds to close the lips of them and to keep the place from further inconveniences. The juice used with oil of roses to annoint the temples and forehead is very effectual to remove the headache, and the same mixed with honey of roses cleaneth and healeth ulcers in the mouth and throat.' SV <shavig@...> wrote: Thanks Suzanne, I'll make sure I keep it in a pot! Here's her quote: "I have Heal all and Clary sage............" Guess I'll have to ask what the other plant actually is. ~*~ love, light, and Goddess kisses ~*~ Angie

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.