RemedySpot.com

RE: My son Kody

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Read somewhere in the archives about Dr and his burn formula. Totally amazing recovery-the kid had been burned to the bone on his hands. Mix equal parts of organic wheat germ oil and honey. Mix in comfrey powder to make a salve. You want to try to get thin honey, not really think stuff. You put it on, bandage loosely. Do not remove, just keep on adding more as needed. It WORKS! I have used it on my rare burns. I gave it to 2 welders who are always getting nasty burns. I gave some to my DIL's sister who had radiation.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Guest guest

omg Kathy... what are you doing so far? Gayla gave you some good stuff... do you have comfrey? If not I can send you some if you send me (off list) your addy. Suzi PS Here is another from the files Burn Salve> Make an infused oil using:> 1/2 oz St s Wort Plantain Calendula Comfrey Leaf The salve is made from: 1 cup of the infused oil 1 3/4 oz of Bees wax 1/2 tsp essential oil of Lavender>To prepare: place infused oil and Beeswax in adouble boiler and melt the wax. When the wax has melted add essential oil of lavender. Pour into cream type jars. Cover and label My grandfather use black tea to soothe a burn. He would take the tea bags and soak them and them put them on the burn Kathy <vanokat@...> wrote: Hi guys, My 13 yo son was burnt this past weekend and spent 4 days in ICU. Another kid threw alcohol in a open fire and it exploded - on my son. He is home now but still in bad shape. His whole face, arms and upper body are all pretty severe. Mostly 2nd degree some 3rd on his chest. I am doing everything I can for him but still need you guys so I can determine if there is anything I am missing - I am sure there

is. At this point all i can say is Thank God for the magic bullet! He cannot eat due to his lips and mouth being burnt so bad I have managed to get lots of good stuff into him by making smoothies and slushys. Will keep you updated as time allows.

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

Kathy -

My heart goes out to you and your son. I have never dealt with

burns of that magnitude but Colloidal Silver and Silver cream have always

worked very well for any burn issues my family has had. My mother

used to work in a hospital burn unit and she used to give me silver cream

that they used in that burn unit. That salve was hospital grade but

I've bought silver cream and silver gel at the HFS and had it work well,

too.

I will be praying for your son. Please keep us posted on how he is

doing.

Kathy

<vanokat@...> wrote:

At this point all i can

say is Thank God for the magic bullet! He cannot eat due to his lips and

mouth being burnt so bad I have managed to get lots of good stuff into

him by making smoothies and slushys.

Will keep you updated as time allows.

Guest guest

I am sorry I can not advocate putting oil on burns. Gayla <aeranch@...> wrote: Read somewhere in the archives about Dr and his burn formula. Totally amazing recovery-the kid had been burned to the bone on his hands. Mix equal parts of organic wheat germ oil and honey. Mix in comfrey powder to make a salve. You want to try to get thin honey, not really think stuff. You put it on, bandage loosely. Do not remove, just keep on adding more as needed. It WORKS! I have used it on my rare burns. I gave it to 2 welders who are always getting nasty burns. I gave some to my DIL's sister

who had radiation. ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Guest guest

Again, oil is going to increase his chances of infection. Especially with the degree of burns. Burns need to breath to heal. I may not practice medicine, but I do have my nursing degree and know basic first aid. I do think that the black tea is a good idea. cooled of course.Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: My grandfather use black tea to soothe a burn. He would take the tea bags and soak them and them put them on the burn ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Why not Angie?

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Re: My son Kody

I am sorry I can not advocate putting oil on burns. Gayla <aeranchgmail> wrote:

Read somewhere in the archives about Dr and his burn formula. Totally amazing recovery-the kid had been burned to the bone on his hands. Mix equal parts of organic wheat germ oil and honey. Mix in comfrey powder to make a salve. You want to try to get thin honey, not really think stuff. You put it on, bandage loosely. Do not remove, just keep on adding more as needed. It WORKS! I have used it on my rare burns. I gave it to 2 welders who are always getting nasty burns. I gave some to my DIL's sister who had radiation.

~*~ cheers ~*~

Angie

Guest guest

I posted it in the other post. Mostly it doesn't allow the burn to breath. One of the important things about healing a burn is allowing the dead skin to sluff off and breath. Oil promotes the burning sensation. After there is some healing oil can be be applied, when it is further into the scabbing stages. Burn units often scrub the dead skin off to prevent infections as gangrene is often common in this type of injury. Gayla <aeranch@...> wrote: Why not Angie? Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@... ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.

Guest guest

I have to disagree here to a point... Some oils should not be used undiluted.. Generally speaking, essential oils are not applied to the skin in an undiluted form. However, there are some exceptions to the rule: lavender, for example, can be applied undiluted to burns, cuts and insect bites; tea tree to spots; and lemon to warts. Certain essential oils such as sandalwood, jasmine or rose make excellent perfumes, dabbed neat on the skin, undiluted. I would make sure I have quality oils if I were going to use them. Flower waters might be another idea. I've heard it used on 1st & 2nd but never on third... so I can't say on that one for sure. SuziAngie P <pooh_angie@...> wrote: I posted it in the other post. Mostly it doesn't allow the burn to breath. One of the

important things about healing a burn is allowing the dead skin to sluff off and breath. Oil promotes the burning sensation. After there is some healing oil can be be applied, when it is further into the scabbing stages. Burn units often scrub the dead skin off to prevent infections as gangrene is often common in this type of injury. Gayla <aeranch@...> wrote: Why not Angie?

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

I am talking about all oils. Essential or not. oils are not cooling. Until the fire comes out of the burn, which when they are deep, the fire takes a long time to come out. Its her son, she should use her best judgement and no matter what I hope for the best.Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: I have to disagree here to a point... Some oils should not be used undiluted.. Generally speaking, essential oils are not applied to the skin in an undiluted form. However, there are some exceptions to the rule: lavender, for example, can be applied undiluted to burns, cuts and insect bites; tea tree to spots; and lemon to warts. Certain essential oils such as sandalwood, jasmine or rose make excellent perfumes, dabbed neat on the skin, undiluted. I would make sure I have quality oils if I were going to use

them. Flower waters might be another idea. I've heard it used on 1st & 2nd but never on third... so I can't say on that one for sure. Suzi ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Guest guest

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear about Kody, please know I will put him on my prayer list. That is just horrifying not only for him, but you and the other family members as well. Hopefully the other child was just being a kid and not a vindictive child. So very frightening for all involved.

Try some green smoothies, if you can. Spinach with strawberries and honey or agave is very good. Romaine with honeydew melon is very tasty. Just make sure you serve it to him in a solid colored glass or cup so he can't see what color it is! Green is the color of healing so the more greens you can get in him, the better.

I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions for the burns from others so I will leave that to the outer healing experts. I prefer to start with the insides and the food that goes into him, that's my passion.

Shari

Guest guest

Kathy,

I am so sorry to hear this! But I have no doubt that with you as his

mom, he is in good hands.

I believe that we have some burn remedies in the files. If you want

to try to find them and can't, let us know and we'll help you out.

I will definitely keep him in prayer, and will bring him up in our

prayer meeting at work today.

--- In health , " Kathy " <vanokat@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi guys,

> My 13 yo son was burnt this past weekend and spent 4 days in ICU.

Another kid threw alcohol in a open fire and it exploded - on my son.

He is home now but still in bad shape. His whole face, arms and upper

body are all pretty severe. Mostly 2nd degree some 3rd on his chest.

> I am doing everything I can for him but still need you guys so I

can determine if there is anything I am missing - I am sure there is.

> At this point all i can say is Thank God for the magic bullet! He

cannot eat due to his lips and mouth being burnt so bad I have

managed to get lots of good stuff into him by making smoothies and

slushys.

> Will keep you updated as time allows.

>

> Love to you all,

> Kathy

Guest guest

I am so sorry Kathy. Keep up the

good work with the slushies. Watch him closely for signs of

depression. Unfortunately, 3rd degree burns take a while to

heal. The 2nd degree ones can be treated with fresh aloe leaf

fillets. If you can find a few live plants and fillet the inner gel

yourself, this is best. The child who threw the alcohol should be made to

watch at least one of your son’s dressing changes IMHO, stupid kid.

Give your boy a kiss from me where it doesn’t hurt, and tell him he is

loved and prayed for.

Janet

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:07

AM

health

Subject:

My son Kody

Hi guys,

My 13 yo son was burnt this past weekend

and spent 4 days in ICU. Another kid threw alcohol in a open fire and it

exploded - on my son. He is home now but still in bad shape. His whole face, arms

and upper body are all pretty severe. Mostly 2nd degree some 3rd on his chest.

I am doing everything I can for him but

still need you guys so I can determine if there is anything I am missing - I am

sure there is.

At this point all i can say is Thank God

for the magic bullet! He cannot eat due to his lips and mouth being burnt so

bad I have managed to get lots of good stuff into him by making smoothies and

slushys.

Will keep you updated as time allows.

Love to you all,

Kathy

" Whether the resistance against government tyrants

is nonviolent or physically violent,

the effort to overthrow state oppression

qualifies as true patriotism " .

Rep. Ron

Guest guest

3rd degree or full-thickness burns

shouldn’t be tampered with. Comfrey heals wounds so fast you risk

the chance of tissue growing over unhealed tissue. Like trying to fill a

hole only on the top. The hollow space left will infect and fill with

pus. Honey, comfrey, and fresh aloe are all fine with 1st or 2nd

degree burns. Follow the hospital instruction on the 3rd degree

burn care until they are healed enough to treat naturally.

Janet

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007

12:22 PM

health

Subject: Re:

My son Kody

Again,

oil is going to increase his chances of infection. Especially with the degree

of burns. Burns need to breath to heal. I may not practice medicine, but I do

have my nursing degree and know basic first aid. I do think that the black tea

is a good idea. cooled of course.

Suzanne <suziesgoats >

wrote:

My grandfather use black

tea to soothe a burn. He would take the tea bags and soak them and them

put them on the burn

~*~ cheers ~*~

Angie

Need Mail bonding?

Go to the

Mail Q & A for great

tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Janet <dragonhealing@...> wrote: 3rd degree or full-thickness burns shouldn’t be tampered with. Comfrey heals wounds so fast you risk the chance of tissue growing over unhealed tissue. Like trying to fill a hole only on the top. The hollow space left will infect and fill with pus. Honey, comfrey, and fresh aloe are all fine with 1st or 2nd degree burns. Follow the hospital instruction on the 3rd degree burn care until they are healed enough to treat naturally. Janet From: health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Angie P Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:22 PM health Subject: Re: My son Kody Again, oil is going to increase his chances of infection. Especially with the degree of burns. Burns need to breath to heal. I may not practice medicine, but I do have my nursing

degree and know basic first aid. I do think that the black tea is a good idea. cooled of course. Suzanne <suziesgoats > wrote: My grandfather use black tea to soothe a burn. He would take the tea

bags and soak them and them put them on the burn ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie Need Mail bonding? Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

Guest guest

Oops If i accidently sent a blank message. i think healing from within nurtion wise is good one here. Use lots of b vitnams to fight depression!Janet <dragonhealing@...> wrote: 3rd degree or full-thickness burns shouldn’t be tampered with. Comfrey heals wounds so fast you risk the chance of tissue growing over unhealed tissue. Like trying to fill a hole only on the top. The hollow space left will infect and fill with pus. Honey, comfrey, and fresh aloe are all fine with 1st or 2nd degree burns. Follow the hospital instruction on the 3rd degree burn care until

they are healed enough to treat naturally. Janet ~*~ cheers ~*~ Angie

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.