RemedySpot.com

Update on Kody

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Thank you all so much for all your knowledge and comforting words.

I am very pleased to tell you Kody is doing much better now. We took him to the Dr. yesterday at UK hospital (3 hour drive) and they were amazed at how good he looks. He is now allowed to go with out his bandages! I will send a pic of him if I can get it to go through. He still has a few places that concern me but we will just keep doing what we are doing and I think he will be OK - maybe even with out any real scars. The big thing here now is he is not allowed to be in the sun for the next 6-9 months. If he even goes outside during the day he is supposed to wear sunscreen 35spf.

This scares me too - I have recently read some scary stuff about sunscreen causing cancer. Don't know what to do there.Going to buy him a big hat for sure. I am very concerned about depression as one of you guys mentioned. Trying to get as many vitamins as possible down him. He is still doing smoothies which is what I think has been the main 'healer'. I have been applying Raw honey/comfrey along with the Silvadine cream the hospital gave me. I did not have any wheat germ oil to add but after reading some of the posts about oils I guess maybe I did the right thing leaving it out. I have been adding oil inside - putting flax seed oil and EVO into his drinks and lots of honey there too. He does not know what all I have been putting in his smoothies LOL- he would have refused them more than likely. He got alot of almond milk that he did not realize too- he hates it haha - and of course greens.He was able to open his mouth a little bit yesterday so Dad stopped on the way home from the Dr. and got him one of his favorites - Sonic burger and FFs.

He tried to pick a fight with his brother last night so thats a sure sign of recovery.

I am so thankful for all of you.

I love you guys,

Kathy and Kody