RemedySpot.com

Yucca

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Christel,

Here in the Orlando area, there are Spanish specialty stores, that carry

fresh and frozen yucca.

They also have a flat " bread " made from yucca called " cassabe " .

I like this bread, toasted, and spread with Hain Margarine.

Take care,

Lenny

At 05:37 PM 5/26/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Lenny, I believe you made that post on yucca. I searched high and low for it.

>It was suggested to look in frozen foods. But I could not find it there

>either.

>Are there special stores I should check? I went to Wholefoods Market.

>Has anyone tried?

>Christel

>

>

Guest guest

I am not Lenny but maybe I can help.

I find it in some grocery stores that sell a variety of foods

to Spanish customers. There is a company name called

Goya that packages many of these root like vegetables

in plastic bags. In my neighborhood there are many

people from Puerto Rico and the neighborhood stores

sell this in the frozen food section. Also you will find it

in the produce department with the other imported vegetables.

Very large food chain stores would have these products.

I live in the US.

LIZ D

Yucca

Lenny, I believe you made that post on yucca. I searched high and low for it.

It was suggested to look in frozen foods. But I could not find it there

either.

Are there special stores I should check? I went to Wholefoods Market.

Has anyone tried?

Christel

• 5 years later...
Guest guest

Yucca Root Yucca's root has a high content of natural saponins. Extracts from Yucca roots make excellent shampoo and soap. When it is chopped up into water it makes a natural lather and is an effective soap substitute.The saponins in Yucca are similar to steroids like cortisone. It reduces inflammation of the joints and so it is primarily used for arthritic and rheumatoid conditions. Yucca is often included in formulas designed to "break up obstructions", especially when it comes to reducing inflammation in joints as in arthritis and rheumatism. Yucca also has the ability to break up mineral and inorganic obstructions and deposits. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties Yucca also helps with conditions such as urethritis and prostatits. Yucca has a definite action upon the intestinal bacteria (good bacteria which actually help with the digestion of food and prevent types of harmful bacteria from

flourishing). Today, in the United States, saponins from the yucca are used in sewage treatment plants to breakdown organic wastes faster. This happens because of the saponins positive effect on good bacteria. It has been shown that the high content of saponins in the Yucca plant when ingested do not enter the blood stream, but act only on the intestinal flora to regulate the balance of bacterial colonies in the large intestine and colon. This root stimulates the friendly normal flora and inhibits others.The saponins are also believed to stimulate the absorption of vitamins and minerals and decrease the amount of toxins absorbed. This helps to put less of a load on the purifying organs of the body (kidneys, and liver) and helps to lower the amount of toxins in the body which can cause arthritis and other degenerative diseases. The saponins provide alkalinity to the digestive tract, and somehow improve digestion, reducing incomplete digestion and decomposition

in the colon which causes foul-smelling gas. Saponins allow water and oil (fats) to combine, which help the body improve its ability to produce its own cortisone by supplying materials needed to be manufactured in the adrenal glands and to help fatty build up in joints and arteries to dissolve and be eliminated. Which relieves arthritic problems and promotes better circulation. The special steroid saponins strengthen the flora of the intestines, breaking down organic body wastes like uric acid and cleansing mineral and salt deposits that might exist in the joints. Stiffness in alleviated in the joints and back because of its highly absorbable content of organic manganese. It is said to reconstruct deteriorated or damaged discs of the spinal column.In some people Yucca can be purgative and for this reason some herbalists recommend it be taken with other anti-rheumatic herbs. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.