RemedySpot.com

oral thrush

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oral Thrush: Yeast Infection of the Mouth by CHet Day Oral thrush is a yeast infection that has developed in and around the mouth. Most of the candida albicans bacteria that lives in our bodies tends to exist primarily in the intestinal tract, and in the mouth. Candida yeast bacteria thrives in warm, moist, dark environments, and this is why it tends to develop most often on parts of our bodies which meet these criteria. The mouth is one of the primary places on our body which is warm, moist, and dark, so any time an injury or skin breakage occurs in this area, the candida yeast bacteria are able to dig in and start an infection. Oral thrush is most commonly seen

in small children, but it can develop in people of any age. Small children are more prone to this type of yeast infection because they stick everything they can into their mouths. Yeast infections are highly contagious, so if a child inserts a toy in his mouth that was previously in the mouth of another child with an oral thrush infection, then that infection is often transmitted to the new child. Small children also often have frequent, chronic ear infections. These infections are chronic because the child's eustachian tubes which connect the ears to the throat are not fully developed yet. The eustachian tubes are tiny, narrow, and flexible in small children. Bacteria from the throat area is able to easily travel up these tubes to the inner ear and cause infections. This is most common with children who sleep with baby

bottles in their mouths, but it can happen for a variety of other reasons too. Whether it's you or your child suffering through oral thrush or a yeast infection elsewhere in the body, both will benefit from Yeast Infection No More, a comprehensive how-to book on naturally curing yeast infections. - Editors In any case, because small children are prone to getting ear infections, they're often placed on antibiotics. Due to over-prescribing antibiotics, the antibiotics often don't work on ear infections anymore, and they often cause the side effect of creating yeast infections. In the case of small children, these infections often develop in the form of

oral thrush. As long as the child's immune system is fairly strong and healthy, curing the oral thrush yeast infection tends to be fairly easy. The first remedy you should always try is plain old fashioned yogurt. This remedy works so well against yeast infections that it's often recommended to have your children eat yogurt when they're taking prescription antibiotics too. The yogurt will actually help the body heal the ear infection faster, plus help stave off secondary infections such as oral thrush. Garlic is another powerful way to kill oral thrush infections. If the children are old enough to hold a piece of raw garlic in their mouths for five minutes or so, then simply slice a piece off and give it to them. Have them move it all over their mouth and rub it on the outside areas of the infection

too. If your child isn't old enough for this, you can use garlic oil instead. Simply puncture a hole in the garlic oil gelcapsul, and use a cotton swab to rub the garlic onto the infected areas of their mouth. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

• 10 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Lottie,

I barely have a memory left anymore--it takes me a long time to

remember things and my word association recall is horrible--what a

thing for a medical transcriptionist to admit!?!

One other thing I remembered (after much stirring of brain cells) is

that thrush can be related to being on antibiotics--they kill off the

good bacteria as well as the bad, and the Candida albicans (the bug

that causes thrush)overgrows in the mouth and digestive tract, and

other places--it is the same bug that causes yeast infections.

Another good and easy treatment is eating yogurt with live cultures a

few times a day, or taking a probiotic pill that has the live

bacteria in it (available at health food stores under various brand

names--just ask the clerk), and maybe you can avoid another

prescription. However, the Nystatin and other meds do work great and

are probably quickest and surest way to get rid of it.

Vicki

>

> Thank goodness someone in this group still has a memory. I kept

trying to think of the name of " thrush " . Here's a picture of what it

looks like if you go to this website:

> http://www.ask.com/web?q=What+Does+Oral+Thrush+Look+like%

3F & qsrc=2419 & o=0 & l=dir

> Here's how to get rid of it (several different treatments):

> http://candida-yeast-infection-relief.com/?

gclid=CK3bjvbP9JICFQijPAodYHVSyw

> Thanks for your input, Vicki. I remember when my last child had

it, he was only 2 weeks old, he got it in the hospital after being

dehydrated. When I complained how ill prepared the aide was, they

didn't say anything to her, they more or less tried to brush me off.

When I told the doctor, he said, " You mean this happened here? "

Don't they even look into these errors any more? They used Gentian

Violet and you can still get it here:

> http://www.smallflower.com/product/22565?

gclid=CMWTg9DQ9JICFQE_gQodcXpnwQ

>

> Blessings to you, you are all a blessing to me,

> Lottie

>

>