RemedySpot.com

The many uses of Tumeric

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What is it? It's tumeric The Many Uses of Turmeric by Recently, I met a new friend from India Bairavi Vijay. She looked over our website and liked it very much but said the one herb she was surprised we didn’t provide information about was Turmeric (Curcuma longa). For her, Turmeric is a basic herb used for all sorts of day-to-day issues around the house. I was so excited by the opportunity to learn from her wisdom, and wanted to pass on her knowledge to all of you. So, here’s what she had to say about how she uses Turmeric at her house. We (our family) strongly believe in Turmeric’s antiseptic qualities and the instant we have a cut (thanks to the kitchen chores) we head to the jar of turmeric, grab a couple of pinches and apply it on the cut. It helps slow

down the bleeding as well as speed up the healing. We mix black pepper powder and Turmeric in warm milk and drink that milk for cough/sore throat etc. If you don't want to have it with milk (like my son), mix black pepper and turmeric and give it with a teaspoon of honey. For stuffy nose, hold the turmeric bulb over a candle flame or your gas cook-top and let it char. Once it turns black and gets smoky, inhale that smoke and immediately your nose will run and the stuffiness is gone. I do this every time and it really works!!! When we were growing up, my mom would make a paste of chickpea flour and Turmeric and we would apply it as facemask. There are several products that are sold in India for curing black spots on skin, pimples, acne etc that has Turmeric as the main ingredient. Also we bathe with Turmeric powder at least once a week to keep our skin free of scars and superfluous hair. Turmeric

grows well in California and Florida, so if you’re lucky enough to live in one of those places you can grow your own. You can buy organic powdered Turmeric at Mountain Rose Herbs, and will find the fresh root at Indian grocery stores. Bairavi is returning to India this summer to visit her family and she says she would like to gather herbal wisdom from her mother and grandmother. I look forward to hearing what she learns, and am feeling very inspired lately about how much we can learn from one another and how much we have to share

with each other. and I are now thinking about a way for all of us to be able to communicate and share herbal wisdom in the LearningHerbs.com community. Look out for a new service we hope to launch in Spring of 2008. - Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.