RemedySpot.com

Nourishing your body to eliminate cravings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Nourishing Your Body to Eliminate Cravings By BoutenkoThis is an excerpt from 's revised and expanded edition of 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food (Paperback, 264 pages) available from www.rawfamily.com"He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician."- Chinese ProverbDuring the last 200 years, humans have been consuming an increasing percentage of highly processed, devitalized foods. As a result, many people have become chronically malnourished. That is why, regardless of our undeniable success in medicine, today's statistics on human health are frightening: "Within a decade, America will spend one of every five dollars on health care,

according to government analysts ... The nation's total health care bill by 2015 will be more than $4 trillion." I believe that the reasons for epidemics of degenerative diseases we are experiencing today are rooted in the lack of proper nutrition which has already lasted for an extensive period of time. This makes the numbers for degenerative disease and obesity especially alarming in well-developed countries where the population consumes large amounts of refined foods. To cope with malnourishment, the human body produces an added urge to eat, causing us to be constantly hungry. Our cells are "crying" for all the nutrients we need. Sadly, we respond to this urge by eating more processed food, promoting even further malnourishment, along with an increased dependency on processed food, greater cravings, and compulsive eating. For anyone involved in such a vicious cycle, the conversion to a raw food diet appears to

be extremely difficult because of this constant hunger. That is why I recommend nourishing your body for several weeks before switching to a raw food diet. I consider greens to be the most nutritious food on earth. Blending is similar to chewing; therefore, eating blended food dramatically improves your health. After being broken down in a high-speed blender, pieces of food become the perfect size for assimilation. I highly recommend consuming green smoothies on a regular basis, whether on a raw or cooked food diet. I have already witnessed many cases in which people were able to greatly improve their health by adding blended greens to their daily regimen. From my observation, the best results are reached by substituting breakfast altogether with a quart of green smoothie. Consequently, green smoothies are the best food to aid in the fastest restoration of the nutrient

reserves of the body. Recovering from inadequate nutrition will significantly reduce unhealthy cravings and prepare you for an easier transformation to the raw food lifestyle. In some cases natural supplements could be useful, however, I would like to caution against trying to substitute supplements for real food altogether. The regular consumption of nutritionally rich products will ease your cravings and will make your transformation to a raw food diet much smoother and less distressing. Message from : This book started out as an attempt to revise the original version of "12 Step to Raw Foods." While working on this project I found so much new data that I ended up writing a totally new book. Since I kept 25% of the material from the original version, I kept the title the same. Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.