RemedySpot.com

Re: Castor oil

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 13/02/2003 18:13:07 GMT Standard Time, ddudzik@...

writes:

> My son's pediatrician told me to give him a little oil every day to help

> with constipation. Is castor oil ok. Seems like I remember there's

> something bad about it, but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

>

> Diane

>

All I have heard is that taken internally, it is considered " harsh " --

now what does that mean? I don't know! I can say though that our

naturopath wants me to rub castor oil on my little dd's belly every

day, in a clockwise motion around her navel and then working outward

so that we are covering a lot of the GI tract. Two reasons-- one,

the massage is to help stimulate peristalsis of the gi tract, two,

the castor oil applied topically has a detoxifying effect on the body.

I have tried it on myself, and I did have some GI cramping the first

few times so it was doing " something " .

Are you chelating yet? Chelating was what helped resolve her older

brother's constipation issues. My dd's are worse than her brothers

ever was and so I haven't resolved it yet, but if I figure it out,

I'll post here! I also give her mag citrate powder, lglutamine,

biotin, probiotic and spectrum complete daily now... started her on

some enzymes, too. If I forget any of this then her stools are back

to pellets. With these things, her stools are formed looking and

normal looking but she still needs an external stimulant (babylax) to

go.

W

> My son's pediatrician told me to give him a little oil every day to

help with constipation. Is castor oil ok. Seems like I remember

there's something bad about it, but maybe I'm confusing it with

something else.

>

> Diane

>

>

Thank you for your reply. I have chelated, but my son's constipation is due to

having spina bifida, which caused nerve damage to the bowel and bladder. I do

remember a doctor a couple years telling me to rub the castor oil on his

intestine area. Thanks for the reminder.

Diane

[ ] Re: castor oil

Are you chelating yet? Chelating was what helped resolve her older

brother's constipation issues. My dd's are worse than her brothers

ever was and so I haven't resolved it yet, but if I figure it out,

I'll post here! I also give her mag citrate powder, lglutamine,

biotin, probiotic and spectrum complete daily now... started her on

some enzymes, too. If I forget any of this then her stools are back

I took this internally before a lower GI... let me say " Harsh " is an

understatement. My husband thought it was funny (sick sense of humor) but

suffice it to say, it won't ever pass my lips again.

Truly,

a

castor oil -

All I have heard is that taken internally, it is considered " harsh " --

now what does that mean? I don't know!

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

CASTOR OIL PACKS:

Yes..castor oil packs also get those bowels moving. In my case, I was so desperate for super fast relief that I just took the stuff orally.

Gloria

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Oh now that would be worse than chewing raw garlic for me.

I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!

I'm not used to being constipated. It's a very rare occasion when it happens. Last year I was constipated for 2 days and it felt like a lifetime. My abdomen blew up and I could barely sit because of the pressure. Nothing I tried was working....mega capsules of Formula #1, drinking gallons of coffee, stuff that had always got my bowels moving. So I was really desperate when I finally grabbed the bottle of castor oil. I gulped it down so fast I didn't even taste it.

Gloria

Guest guest

Oh now that would be worse than chewing raw garlic for me. I couldn't do it. It would come right back up again. You're a stronger woman than I. :)

Lynn

CASTOR OIL PACKS:

Yes..castor oil packs also get those bowels moving. In my case, I was so desperate for super fast relief that I just took the stuff orally.Gloria

Guest guest

Well I'm really glad it worked for you and I hope you are feeling better now dear. Gotta keep the pluming in good working order. ;)

Lynn

I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!I'm not used to being constipated. It's a very rare occasion when it happens. Last year I was constipated for 2 days and it felt like a lifetime. My abdomen blew up and I could barely sit because of the pressure. Nothing I tried was working....mega capsules of Formula #1, drinking gallons of coffee, stuff that had always got my bowels moving. So I was really desperate when I finally grabbed the bottle of castor oil. I gulped it down so fast I didn't even taste it.Gloria

Guest guest

Three weeks. Wow, I wouldn't be able to move if I waited that long. Break out the castor oil "now". As bad as it would be for me I'd do it. Good luck dear and I hope you feel better really soon.

Lynn

Oh now that would be worse than chewing raw garlic for me. I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!I'm not used to being constipated. It's a very rare occasion when it happens. Last year I was constipated for 2 days and it felt like a lifetime. My abdomen blew up and I could barely sit because of the pressure. Nothing I tried was working....mega capsules of Formula #1, drinking gallons of coffee, stuff that had always got my bowels moving. So I was really desperate when I finally grabbed the bottle of castor oil. I gulped it down so fast I didn't even taste it.Gloria**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Wow after 2 days I barely even notice I'm constipated. I haven't gone in 3 weeks.

Just tried a regular store bought enema and that did absolutely nothing.

Tomorrow I'll try the coffee enema and if that doesn't move anything then I'll try castor oil!

Candace

Oh now that would be worse than chewing raw garlic for me. I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!I'm not used to being constipated. It's a very rare occasion when it happens. Last year I was constipated for 2 days and it felt like a lifetime. My abdomen blew up and I could barely sit because of the pressure. Nothing I tried was working....mega capsules of Formula #1, drinking gallons of coffee, stuff that had always got my bowels moving. So I was really desperate when I finally grabbed the bottle of castor oil. I gulped it down so fast I didn't even taste it.Gloria**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

All that to say this: prune juice works!

Amen to that, !! I stew the prunes with water, eat them and drink the juice. It's never failed to do the trick FAST.

Gloria

Guest guest

Wow after 2 days I barely even notice I'm constipated. I haven't gone in 3 weeks.

Since I usually go 2-3 times a day like clockwork, being blocked up for 2 days was agony.

Gloria

Guest guest

We are suppose to eliminate every time we eat.

This is true. My usual habit is hitting the bathroom first thing in the morning and everything from last night's dinner comes out.

I work with people who often can't go for 2 weeks and they know there's a problem. I have seen them in pain and discomfort from it. I know one co-worker who was one of those every two week people. She recently wanted to lose 10-15 lbs and went to a doctor who put her on a strict diet. It consists mainly of veggies and no junk. She said she now goes regularly and the constipation problem is virtually gone.

If diet alone doesn't do the trick, sometimes exercise helps. But for chronic problems I'd recommend the daily dose of prunes...either stewed or drinking prune juice. I don't think eating the plain dried prunes would work as well. Also make sure to eat some oil everyday to lubricate the plumbing. I was on an oil free diet that time I got constipated for 2 days and I believe the lack of oil created the problem.

Gloria

Guest guest

After my oral surgery recently, I was incredibly constipated. I

couldn't even pass gas. And since I can't burp, this was an issue. It

went on for about five days. I looked like a baloon.

I finally took some prune juice, and within an hour was living my life

in the bathroom.

I sure got a lot of reading done while I was on the toilet!

All that to say this: prune juice works!

Peace, love, laughter

> I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!

Guest guest

Well I think I'd rather prune juice than castor oil. And yes, the toilet is

a great place to read. :)

Lynn

> After my oral surgery recently, I was incredibly constipated. I

> couldn't even pass gas. And since I can't burp, this was an issue. It

> went on for about five days. I looked like a baloon.

>

> I finally took some prune juice, and within an hour was living my life

> in the bathroom.

>

> I sure got a lot of reading done while I was on the toilet!

>

> All that to say this: prune juice works!

>

> Peace, love, laughter

>

Guest guest

I'm with you Gloria. I cannot even imagine three weeks, I'd be in the emergency room! Does this happen to you often? It sounded like it from another post and I would highly recommend you look into this. Most of the alternative medicine people I read and listen to say that disease starts in the colon.

We are suppose to eliminate every time we eat.

Shari

Guest guest

I used to take a few tablespoons of oil every day because some one recommended that and it didn't do the trick. I truly do have a "dead colon".

Do you drink any juices? Do you have a juicer? Carrot and spinach juice is recommended to move the bowels and an apple thrown in the juicer with it in might also help. Right now you are so clogged that you may have to have a colonic to get the impacted stuff out. You can check at the health food store and see if they know anyone who gives them.

Do you get any exercise for your lower body? Your colon might not be dead but just needs some extra stimulation to get moving. A veggie stir fry with oil should NOT cause constipation.

Gloria

Guest guest

I'd do a colon cleanse but I think taking #2 would constipate me and then I'd be worse off than I am now!

I agree that taking #2 isn't a good idea if your bowels aren't open and moving freely.

Dr. Schulze said he once had a guy who had to take 33 Formula #1 caps to get moving. So why not just take a couple handfuls and see what happens? Followed by a big glass of prune juice! In fact 2 or 3 glasses!

Gloria

Guest guest

Would a doctor do a colonic?

It doesn't have to be done by a doctor. In fast most colonic practitioners aren't doctors, just trained professionals. If you have any type of alternative health centers nearby, they probably do them or can tell you someone who does. I never had one, but heard they are painless and absolutely do the trick. A local health food store should know of someone who does them.

Gloria

Guest guest

All kinds of people have been telling me I should go in because I could have a blockage I can't take care of on my own but I don't want them making matters worse!

I would go for the colonic before I had some type of exploratory done. A colonic isn't a medical procedure. It isn't usually done by a doctor and won't be covered by insurance. It is a high enema that cleans out the entire length of the colon. Regular enemas don't go high enough and will only reach the lower colon 6 inches or so from the rectum. I would get one if I were you. And also tell the colonic practitioner your problem. Not sure what they cost...maybe $60 or so? Just guessing on the cost.

Gloria

Guest guest

I'm also going to the store to get some prunes after I get off work. When I get home I'm gonna try the coffee enema. One way or another.......

I walk a lot and have a rebounder trampolene. Haven't had the energy to use it lately but I still walk a lot.

I know I was only constipated for 2 days but I was in such pain and so freaked I pulled NO STOPS.

I would take some castor oil, followed by a HUGE bowl of warm stewed prunes and get on the trampoline and jump your heart out. If it doesn't work within an hour, repeat the whole procedure again. If THAT doesn't work, first thing tomorrow morning make an appt. for a colonic. Meanwhile I wouldn't eat anything except something designed to get those bowels open (prunes, homemade juice etc.) You don't want any more clog in there.

Gloria