RemedySpot.com

Re: Castor oil

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

only lemon water for 3 days straight and had HORRIBLE cramping

In your situation I don't think you're going to be able to avoid the cramping. A friend of mine told me today that once she was clogged up for over a week and sat on the toilet screaming in pain. When those stools start loosening up it's going to create gas and cramping but at least things are moving.

The time I was constipated, 5 or 6 Formula #1 caps didn't do anything, although usually taking just one will give me diarrhea the next morning. Sometimes they work and other times they don't. The prunes always work for me.

Gloria

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Aren't you supposed to just soak the prunes in water for 24 hours? Or can you speed it up by cooking it on low heat? Or throwin them in a blender?

I bought a box of prunes at the grocery store. I put about a cup and a half of water in a saucepan, and when it started to boil I threw in half the box of prunes. I put the lid on and let them stew about 15 minutes, occasionally squishing the prunes with a fork as they softened and cooked (I wanted to make lots of juice). I turned off the heat and let them cool down until warm and then ate them and drank the juice. About 10 min. before I did all this, I took 2 tbsp of castor oil orally. It worked in about an hour.

Gloria

Guest guest

Wow, just reading that post should make a person poop. Now that is dedication!

I had been clogged up for 2 days and at work that afternoon I could feel pressure and pain "down there". I started to panic and I was literally thinking of driving to the hospital emergency ward for an enema because nothing would move and it really hurt. On the way home from work I bought a big cup of hot coffee (I hadn't had any for awhile) and thought maybe that will work because it usually did. It didn't. I got real desperate and grabbed the castor oil and then the prunes and did all kinds of abdominal exercises while waiting for the prunes to cook. I was DETERMINED!!!!! I knew I couldn't go another day with the pain.

Good luck!!!!

Gloria

: )

That is EXACTLY what I will do tonight along with the trampolene bounce AND coffee enema! Boy do I know how to party or what? ; )

Guest guest

I have never seen prunes at the store. Where do they hide them?

Re: Re: Castor oil

All that to say this: prune juice works!Amen to that, !! I stew the prunes with water, eat them and drink the juice. It's never failed to do the trick FAST.Gloria**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Usually when I take my #1 pills (granted it takes eight of them but whatever does the trick) every day I go 2-3 times a day. Every now and then I take them and nothing happens. And I won't go for a month at a time. Lately that's been happening more and more often.

I was a clueless idiot after I had my son and when some one tried telling me pooping once a month wasn't normal I thought she was crazy. That's how I had been for over 10 years at that point. How could that be wrong? Everyone has their own schedule!

Shortly after the c section I started getting really sick a LOT and she talked me into taking #1 pills. I think they saved my life. But I think I have sooooo much backed up crap that I get blockages from time to time and it takes a while to get them out. I'd do a colon cleanse but I think taking #2 would constipate me and then I'd be worse off than I am now!

It has been a damn near 20 year fight I've been having with my "dead colon" as my friend called it.

Last night I bought an enema from the pharmacy and some glycerin suppositories. The enema did absolutely nothing. The glycerin suppository made me fart.

Still blocked up.

Candace

I'm with you Gloria. I cannot even imagine three weeks, I'd be in the emergency room! Does this happen to you often? It sounded like it from another post and I would highly recommend you look into this. Most of the alternative medicine people I read and listen to say that disease starts in the colon.

We are suppose to eliminate every time we eat.

Shari

Guest guest

My absolute favorite thing to eat is vegetable stir fry. Lots of olive oil and I stir fry them to where they're still crunchy but not as hard. I ate cauliflower/broccoli stir fry for 3 days (eating nothing else) and upped my water intake so much I felt bloated.

Still no poop. I used to take a few tablespoons of oil every day because some one recommended that and it didn't do the trick. I truly do have a "dead colon".

Candace

We are suppose to eliminate every time we eat. This is true. My usual habit is hitting the bathroom first thing in the morning and everything from last night's dinner comes out. I work with people who often can't go for 2 weeks and they know there's a problem. I have seen them in pain and discomfort from it. I know one co-worker who was one of those every two week people. She recently wanted to lose 10-15 lbs and went to a doctor who put her on a strict diet. It consists mainly of veggies and no junk. She said she now goes regularly and the constipation problem is virtually gone.If diet alone doesn't do the trick, sometimes exercise helps. But for chronic problems I'd recommend the daily dose of prunes...either stewed or drinking prune juice. I don't think eating the plain dried prunes would work as well. Also make sure to eat some oil everyday to lubricate the plumbing. I was on an oil free diet that time I got constipated for 2 days and I believe the lack of oil created the problem.Gloria

**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Try eating the stir fry vegetables raw.

Ever have an colonic? A "professional" enema. They normally take about an hour to administer. Much more effective than a store bought enema.

Shari

Guest guest

That's probably why I haven't seen them! I looked for them by the raisins.....

They will definitely be next to the raisins. If you don't see them, just ask. All grocery stores carry boxes of prunes.

Gloria

Guest guest

I "went" but not a lot and in teensy weensie tiny pieces

Then it's trying to get through all that impacted matter which is a good sign. The prunes and the trampoline might do the rest of the job!

Gloria

Guest guest

Would a doctor do a colonic? I avoid them like the plague... a friend of mine had constipation problems and they did some "exploring" which left scar tissue which just made matters worse. Then they had to do a surgery to get rid of the scar tissue which created more scar tissue. She ended up having a part of her colon cut out. A year later "needed" more of it cut out. Yikes!

Doctors scare me!

All kinds of people have been telling me I should go in because I could have a blockage I can't take care of on my own but I don't want them making matters worse!

Candace

Try eating the stir fry vegetables raw.

Ever have an colonic? A "professional" enema. They normally take about an hour to administer. Much more effective than a store bought enema.

Shari

Guest guest

I have a juicer and have (sadly) been neglecting to use it lately. I drink a lot of store bought juices (but I know they're crap - they're just so delicious) I'll fire up some apple/carrot juice and see if that helps any.

I'm also going to the store to get some prunes after I get off work. When I get home I'm gonna try the coffee enema. One way or another.......

I walk a lot and have a rebounder trampolene. Haven't had the energy to use it lately but I still walk a lot.

I used to take a few tablespoons of oil every day because some one recommended that and it didn't do the trick. I truly do have a "dead colon".Do you drink any juices? Do you have a juicer? Carrot and spinach juice is recommended to move the bowels and an apple thrown in the juicer with it in might also help. Right now you are so clogged that you may have to have a colonic to get the impacted stuff out. You can check at the health food store and see if they know anyone who gives them.Do you get any exercise for your lower body? Your colon might not be dead but just needs some extra stimulation to get moving. A veggie stir fry with oil should NOT cause constipation.Gloria************ ********* ********* ********See what's free at http://www.aol. com.

Guest guest

I had this problem last year around this time and ended up taking 16 formula #1s and drank only lemon water for 3 days straight and had HORRIBLE cramping (One night I sat on the toilet with my head on a pillow on the hamper in front of me because every time I got up the cramping started again but nothing came out!!! It was horrible!) but nothing happened until the 3rd day. When I finally "went" I must have lost a good 3 pounds!!!

Just thinking about the pain makes me cringe but if that's what it takes I'll do it! I'll up the #1 I take by 1 every day. Tonight I'll take 9... with prune juice.... and a coffee enema.

Candace

I'd do a colon cleanse but I think taking #2 would constipate me and then I'd be worse off than I am now!I agree that taking #2 isn't a good idea if your bowels aren't open and moving freely.Dr. Schulze said he once had a guy who had to take 33 Formula #1 caps to get moving. So why not just take a couple handfuls and see what happens? Followed by a big glass of prune juice! In fact 2 or 3 glasses!Gloria************ ********* ********* ********See what's free at http://www.aol. com.

Guest guest

Aren't you supposed to just soak the prunes in water for 24 hours? Or can you speed it up by cooking it on low heat? Or throwin them in a blender?

You'd recommend castor oil orally or as a pack on my gut?

I'm sitting here at my desk with a big bag of cole slaw. My stomach is agitated lately and the cabbage seems to help!

Candace

I'm also going to the store to get some prunes after I get off work. When I get home I'm gonna try the coffee enema. One way or another..... ..I walk a lot and have a rebounder trampolene. Haven't had the energy to use it lately but I still walk a lot.I know I was only constipated for 2 days but I was in such pain and so freaked I pulled NO STOPS. I would take some castor oil, followed by a HUGE bowl of warm stewed prunes and get on the trampoline and jump your heart out. If it doesn't work within an hour, repeat the whole procedure again. If THAT doesn't work, first thing tomorrow morning make an appt. for a colonic. Meanwhile I wouldn't eat anything except something designed to get

those bowels open (prunes, homemade juice etc.) You don't want any more clog in there.Gloria

************ ********* ********* ********See what's free at http://www.aol. com.

Guest guest

Wow, just reading that post should make a person poop. Now that is dedication!

: )

That is EXACTLY what I will do tonight along with the trampolene bounce AND coffee enema! Boy do I know how to party or what? ; )

Thanks!

Candace

Aren't you supposed to just soak the prunes in water for 24 hours? Or can you speed it up by cooking it on low heat? Or throwin them in a blender?I bought a box of prunes at the grocery store. I put about a cup and a half of water in a saucepan, and when it started to boil I threw in half the box of prunes. I put the lid on and let them stew about 15 minutes, occasionally squishing the prunes with a fork as they softened and cooked (I wanted to make lots of juice). I turned off the heat and let them cool down until warm and then ate them and drank the juice. About 10 min. before I did all this, I took 2 tbsp of castor oil orally. It worked in about an hour.Gloria

************ ********* ********* ********See what's free at http://www.aol. com.

Guest guest

NO! No doctor would even discuss a colonic. I go to a Colon Hydrotherapist who actually studied with Ann Wigmore and has worked at the Optimum Health Institute in San Diego for many, many year. She now lives in northern Washington state.

Shari

Guest guest

So it sounds like everyone is pooping and the pluming is clearing up just fine and dandy for everyone. I'll bet the sewer guys are going to be working over time this week. LOL!! Aahhhhh relief, I spell it P-r-u-n-s and c-a-s-t-o-r o-i-l.

Lynn

(who has had enough information on poop for the day. Thank you.)

Lynn

Aren't you supposed to just soak the prunes in water for 24 hours? Or can you speed it up by cooking it on low heat? Or throwin them in a blender?I bought a box of prunes at the grocery store. I put about a cup and a half of water in a saucepan, and when it started to boil I threw in half the box of prunes. I put the lid on and let them stew about 15 minutes, occasionally squishing the prunes with a fork as they softened and cooked (I wanted to make lots of juice). I turned off the heat and let them cool down until warm and then ate them and drank the juice. About 10 min. before I did all this, I took 2 tbsp of castor oil orally. It worked in about an hour.Gloria

Guest guest

Between the raisins and dried apricots. Near the nuts. Usually on a top shelf because that's where they put the low traffic items.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Guest guest

Candace if you can get taro root, try a taro root plaster on your abdomen. I did it for a friend who had chronic bowel troubles. She was passing little black stones for 4 days after that. Really loosened and cleaned out a bunch of stuff. Also a castor oil pack on your abdomen if you can't find taro.

Suzi put the taro plaster in the Files.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

I'm with you Gloria. I cannot even imagine three weeks, I'd be in the emergency room! Does this happen to you often? It sounded like it from another post and I would highly recommend you look into this. Most of the alternative medicine people I read and listen to say that disease starts in the colon.

Shari

Guest guest

Well I now have another idea.... a coworker said he went to the hospital once because he was so clogged up he couldn't go. They kept him there for 3 days and gave him all kinds of fluids and laxatives and that didn't do anything so he took the advice of his friend and drank sauerkraut juice. Took care of the problem in less than a day.

I'm getting all kinds of good info today!

Guest guest

That's probably why I haven't seen them! I looked for them by the raisins..... I'm really short. Guess I'll have to see if they're on the top shelf!

Re: [HAWK_Health_ Awareness] Re: Castor oil

Guest guest

Sorry for the graphics to come but here goes:

All the Formula #1s I took last night must have just finally kicked in because I "went" but not a lot and in teensy weensie tiny pieces. I guess I finally foraged a tunnel through the blockage but only a very narrow one. Yikes!

Got rid of a lot of the pressure though!

Re: [HAWK_Health_ Awareness] Castor oil

Shari

Guest guest

This guy talks about cleansing with epsom salts??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia_CDUzJIC8 & mode=related & search=

Oh now that would be worse than chewing raw garlic for me. I also chew raw garlic!!! LOL!I'm not used to being constipated. It's a very rare occasion when it happens. Last year I was constipated for 2 days and it felt like a lifetime. My abdomen blew up and I could barely sit because of the pressure. Nothing I tried was working....mega capsules of Formula #1, drinking gallons of coffee, stuff that had always got my bowels moving. So I was really desperate when I finally grabbed the bottle of castor oil. I gulped it down so fast I didn't even taste it.Gloria**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

It is all very carefully studies marketing. Eye level and red-yellow is the hot sellers. Bottom and top shelves are slower sellers.

I sold at my first farmers market yesterday. Now I am full of subliminal ideas. Tablecloths with cows and chickens. Or red and white checked ones. To make the people remember the fun times on the farm they fantasize about.

Of course we have fantastic produce, but the draw helps too. Learned a lot about what to plant for next year. My ideas about grouping to sell worked out too. Now to make recipe hand outs. I can't believe people want to try herbs, but have absolutely no idea how to cook with them. I am going to make salad dressing herb mix with instructions too. All marketing, marketing.

Usually on a top shelf because that's where they put the low traffic items.I never thought of that. Yes...they are always on the top shelf!!Gloria**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.