RemedySpot.com

Fwd: [LearningHerbs] Important Matter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here we go again! Voice your concerns to your politicians!

LOL! I agree.

On the subject of herbs, today I was in Lowe's and they had a display of certified organic herb and veggie seeds. Wow...it's hit mainstream now. Nice to be able to pick up organic seeds in the garden center of a local store.

Gloria

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Here we go again! Voice your concerns to your politicians! Gallagher <john@...> wrote: Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:37:50 UTFrom: Gallagher <john@...>suziesgoats@...Subject: [LearningHerbs] Important Matter Hi Suzanne, There is a matter that I feel I must bring to your attention. At first the emails trickled into me, and then flooded. I checked with many friends I know with herbal websites, and they experienced the same thing. At first I thought it was a hoax, or perhaps an overreaction. Then, as I did more research myself, I saw that it was neither a hoax nor an overreaction. I struggled with sending this to the Herbal Branches list. After all, I promised to just send herbal lessons. Then, I realized that this IS an herbal lesson. It’s a lesson in how we need to protect our access to herbs and herbal information. That in this day and age we cannot take it for granted. AND it is a lesson in how important it is to, as Susun Weed says, be your own herbal expert. First, I will paste an email I got, then I will tell you what you can do… Thanks for understanding the importance of the situation we all face now as

people who use herbs. I fe lt it was more important to notify you than to later be sorry that I didn’t. Long term subscribers know that in 2 and a half years I have never used this list for such a reason. FDA Attacks Complementary and Alternative Health Care I just spent three days reading, re-reading, researching and discussing the proposed FDA guidelines for "Complementary and Alternative Medicine" with two FDA attorneys. You can download a copy of this proposal for yourself below. When I first heard about this FDA attack on complementary and alternative health care, I considered it another "Chicken Little" rumor. On further study, I'm appalled at the speed with which the pharmaceutical companies are implementing Codex Alimentarius in the USA. If you don't suspect the pharmaceutical companies control the FDA, you may want to research that further by visiting

(http://www.healthfreedomusa.org./) This insidious proposal is designed to redefine every complementary and alternative health care modality and product as "medicine." This has direct implications on the services and products provided by every alternative health care professional. There is no facet of complementary and alternative health care that is not affected. If the FDA adopts this proposal, all natural health care would be illegal even for medical doctors. Essential oils, herbs, herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, minerals, nutritional supplements, plant enzymes and vitamins are redefined in this proposal as "medicine." Very simply, medicine is under the jurisdiction of the FDA and, by law, only licensed medical doctors may prescribe "medicines." Anybody else who advises, advocates, counsels, distributes, markets, recommends or suggests anybody use "medicine" is practicing medicine without a license. This is a

felony in the USA punishable by fines and incarceration. Aromatherapy, auricular therapy, biofeedback, color therapy, homeopathy, hypnotism, naturopathy, neurotherapy, nutritional consulting, reflexology, sound therapy and wellness consulting are among the alternative health modalities being redefined as "Alternative Medicine." This subtle change of vocabulary from "alternative health care" to "alternative medicine" makes all of these industries subject to control by the FDA as medicine. Only medical doctors would be allowed to provide, prescribe and supervise the delivery of these services. Anybody else who provided any of these services would be practicing medicine without a license and subject to incarceration and fines. That's the bad news. The good news is we have until April 30, 2007 to voice our opinion against this proposal to eliminate complementary and alternative health care in

America. Almost 100,000 people have already filed their objection. According to Dr. Rima Laibow, medical director of the Natural Therapies Foundation, we need 50 times that many people to respond by the end of the month. Peace, Gilbert You can read the actual FDA document here at the FDA web site AND SUBMIT A RESPONSE… Click here You can go here to find out how to contact your Senator or Congressperson to let them know what you think… http://www.congress.org/ Please forward this to your email lists. Use the whole thing or copy and paste parts of it. Whatever you feel good about. Thanks again for your support in keeping herbs and herbal information

accessible to all. Sincerely, M. Gallagher, L.Ac. http://www.LearningHerbs.comI.) Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

i think the pharmacuticals are hoping we wear down... SuziMorningGlory113@... wrote: Here we go again! Voice your concerns to your politicians!LOL! I agree.On the subject of herbs, today I was in Lowe's and they had a display of certified organic herb and veggie seeds. Wow...it's hit mainstream now. Nice to be able to pick up organic seeds in the garden center of a local store.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.