RemedySpot.com

Re: Speaking of....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What other fresh fruits and such would be good for workers in a very

hot environment, hot sun,

It was 100 here yesterday and I found myself drinking quarts of water. It helped quench my thirst much more when I put fresh squeezed lemon or lime into the water. IF your employees will drink that without sugar. Sugar just makes people more thirsty.

Gloria

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

I even dilute fresh juices with water a lot of the time. 1/4 juice to

3/4 water.

Correct me folks, but doesn't the lemon/lime provide electrolytes that

will help with the absorption of water?

I'm not sure about fruits to stay hydrated, but definitely bananas for

the potassium, and perhaps antioxidant rich berries? I know that high

amts of antioxidants are supposed to be good after workouts, so I can't

see why they wouldn't be beneficial in your workers' situation?

Best,

Anne

Guest guest

Summer is the time when we sweat highly and beating the heat is always high on our agenda. So, we move on to aerated drinks or other beverages. But what we tend to ignore is that we can fight the heat in a much healthier way. That is, through fruits. Fruits not only provide us with the required fluids but also the electrolytes, which we lose while sweating.Excess of dehydration can cause headaches, dizziness, loss of concentration and muscle cramping. So to counter that, summer provides us with a larger variety of fruits so that we can make up the lost fluids and electrolytes.WatermelonA juicy watermelon is summer’s refresher. Summer also touts watermelon’s healthfulness and versatility. “A lot of people eat watermelon for breakfast. It’s a great way for children to get the energy they need” as they head for afternoon sports.Watermelon is an excellent source of vitamins A, B6 and C, adding that it also has an abundance of lycopene, an

antioxidant that helps fight such diseases as cancer and heart disease. Watermelons are sold at Tk. 130-200.Watermelon is a good source of potassium, very low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol free, making it the perfect snack. One cup of diced melon, approximately 152 g has 48 calories, 10.9 g carbohydrate, 12 mg calcium, 176 mg potassium, 14.5 mg vitamin C and 556 IU vitamin A. It also contains lycopene, a nutrient believed to prevent certain forms of cancer. Preparation and Use: Watermelon is generally served raw. Watermelon is the best cooler for the body specially in summers as it is high in water. It is rich in Calcium too. Watermelons are about 92 percent water and 8 percent sugar. It is extraordinarily refreshing and must be eaten ripe and fresh. Watermelons are valuable for their minerals, vitamins, sugars and pure water. They provide a useful amount of fibre and iron. The water content helps to clean the kidneys from uric acid.MangoesNo

one can resist Mangoes in summer. They would be undoubtedly the kings of summer fruits. They are rich in fiber, beta-carotene and vitamin C. There are different varieties of mangoes on the city market and their prices are high. Mangoes are rich in vitamins A and C. Their content in vitamin C varies according to the type of mango. They are a useful source of vitamin E and iron. Ripe mangoes are rich in beta – carotene. Not only are mangoes an excellent source of vitamin C. Mangoes have a relatively short shelf life, but the advent of air freight has meant mangoes can be exported from tropical South East Asia, Mexico, India and Africa and arrive in Europe and North America in excellent condition. Mangoes are depurative and diuretic and are good to combat stomach acidity.AND Fruits for Summer: Summer Skin Care by: Jasdeep Singh Summer is the time when we

sweat highly and beating the heat is always high on our agenda. So, we move on to aerated drinks or other beverages. But what we tend to ignore is that we can fight the heat in a much healthier way. That is, through FRUITS. Fruits not only provide us with the required fluids but also the electrolytes which we lose while sweating. Excess of dehydration can cause headaches, dizziness, loss of concentration and muscle cramping. So to counter that, Summer provides us with a larger variety of fruits so that we can make up the lost fluids and electrolytes. Here is the list of some highly beneficial fruits specially in summers. 1) Watermelon: Watermelon is the best cooler for the body specially in summers as it is high in water. It is rich in Calcium too. The word "watermelon" itslef brings water in our mouth. 2) Apples: Apples are one of the best source for fibre. Besides that, skin of the apple has antioxidant flavonoids which reduces free radical

damage.3) Muskmelon: Muskmelon with its unique property of rehydrating of body is considered one of the best fruits for summers. Besides being rich in water, it also provides body with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Sodium and Potassium.4) Berry family is always high on the list of fruits for summer. This family is again high in fibre and vitamin C. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries come under the wide roof of berry family. They are also good for diabetics too. Also, they aid in Weight Loss. 5) Mangoes: No one can resist Mangoes in summer. They would be undoubtly the king of summer fruits. They are rich in fibre, beta-carotene and vitamin C. 6) Banana: Last but not the least: Banana helps keep your system cool. Prefer taking bananas in breakfast. deuteronomy2929 <deuteronomy2929@...> wrote: Speaking of eating fresh fruit.....All that to ask this......What other fresh fruits and such would be good for workers in a very hot environment, hot sun, average ventilation, and constant very hard labor? I want my workers to stay safe and healthy. Keep their electrolytes up, their blood sugar up, etc. So many of them are relying on sodas, coffee, "energy" drinks.Peace, love, laughter

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

Excellent!! Thanks Suzi, and everyone else that replied! The melons

were a hit!!

Peace, love, laughter

--- In health , Suzanne <suziesgoats@...>

wrote:

>

> Summer is the time when we sweat highly and beating the heat is

always high on our agenda.